`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Nice Jofa 280, non card related...

OT: Nice Jofa 280, non card related...
I did a post awhile back that showed off some of my non card things I collect. Included were some pics of my JOFA model 280 helmets - The Irbe style. Which is the helmet I wear when I play goalie. I also buy them, sand them, repaint & sell them. Well cool (to me anyway story) lil story. I went out with a girl I know to her friend house for drinks, and when we were leaving what to I spot on the wall?? I JOFA 280 helmet... Im like Holy SH** why do you have that? Shes like I bought it for my son at a garage sale, but he doesnt like it. I asked her what she wants for it? She tells me you can just have it, I bought it for $3 and its just gonna sit there. I told here nah, im not gonna just take, you want $20?? She wouldnt take it, so after a few mins of convincing she finally let me give her $20 and put the $20 in her sons piggy bank... SAAAA-WEEEEEET... What are the odds of randomly finding another one of these?? People charge a fortune on ebay for these things...

This one is getting sanded down and repainted red. When im done Ill have 4 PC's of the helmet. All repaints, white, black, blue (dynamo riga) & now red (cccp)... the 5th one I pickup will be the navy Irbe wore in vancouver...

LOL so theres my story that no one cars about that I wanted to share haha
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale

RE: OT: Nice Jofa 280, non card related...
Very cool story! It's nice when you are able to find things that you appreciate just lying around elsewhere! Congrats on the great pick-up, and the huge integrity! Best luck for number 5!!!

Randi

that is pretty cool story
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

As somebody who has personally had two Jofa Irbe Combos, I can truly confirm how difficult it is to find these, especially in good condition. One thing: you're a brave man to be playing in such a mask.. They don't disperse impact very well with such a flat forehead and such a thin plastic shell.

Do you have pics of the ones you have completed so far?
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr

(05-27-2012, 02:03 PM)snobles Wrote: Do you have pics of the ones you have completed so far?
The white & black ones were posted. the white mask that was yellowing in the pic I posted with the other 2 was what I turned into the blue riga mask... They look beat up in the pics, because like I said I actually play in them. As for the poster that said your a brave man for playing in them, nah they protect just fine. Ive never had any issues what so ever with them obsorbing puck hits. I really dont think a 15lb bullet proof modem mask is nessicary, as its to much over kill. The only problem ive ever had with the Irbe Jofa is if I take a shot to the side of the jaw cup, it has poped my jaw out of place a handful of times. Never broken, its just annoying for about a week since ya cant close your mouth right.
One mask I enjoy wearing every once in awhile is my Mike Luit storm trooper replica mask... It works just fine, just cant see worth a damn out of it haha

Pucks travel just as fast now a days as they did back when the Jofa was popular (despite what people like to say) , and their were a lot less head injuried back in those days... The helmet is perfectly safe and there is no other mask I will ever wear. I paid about $350 for a modern shell, and sold it a week later cause I absolutely hated it.

They dont have the Irbe cage on them in the pic... The one I just picked up is yellowed like the one on the left
[Image: irbemask.jpg]
[Image: hitmanbanner2.jpg]
Check us out for PC cards, cards for trade & cards for sale