`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about BGS grading personal preferences

Question about BGS grading personal preferences
I think the majority of folks pass on any card not graded at least a 9 (unless its something really nice) and Ive been thinking of sending in a few cards. Which route should I go?

Request a minimum grade of BGS 9 on all cards

any cards that do not reach that grade just leave them raw

and any patches I submit that do not reach BGS 9 condition, request them to be slabbed in the authentic cases just for the protection purposes and the peace of mind the patches are real

or

Should I send the cards in and just have them graded and slabbed regardless of their grades since they are PC cards?

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Question about BGS grading personal preferences
i would go with the last option!
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden

i too am for the last option. if their pc, who really cares what the grade is. but if your paying the money, its fun to find out what grade it is at least. and if it bugs you that much, you can always bust it out. if the patch is graded, then you know its legit and if it gets a crap grade, bust it out and display it in a magnetic or something. but you will still know its real.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

last option, that's what I will be doing... I would hate to get less than 9's, but at the end of the day, I want them protected... and I will be getting the autos graded as well...

It's all personal preference, I grade and authenticate certain cards. Bgs does not authenticate the patches though that's a common misconception.

for PC I do, minimum grade of 8.5 or authenticate only.
2012 Beckett "Super Collector"

(05-18-2012, 05:55 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: It's all personal preference, I grade and authenticate certain cards. Bgs does not authenticate the patches though that's a common misconception.
I do know they check for tampering which would at least confirm the card has not been compromised so from that aspect its almost like authenticating the patch.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I grade everything. Some things I send in knowing I wont get better than an 8. The reason I do this is simple - You pay for the grading regardless why not get it graded. I then either accept the grade or crack and resubmit. Most graded cards I keep anyway and atleast with the grade and the subgrades I know where the problem lies. But we all know I love graded cards lol I'll eventually have most of my collection graded. It protects them better and they look nice - even the 6's Big Grin
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(05-18-2012, 06:21 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I do know they check for tampering which would at least confirm the card has not been compromised so from that aspect its almost like authenticating the patch.
They do indeed check for obvious alteration to the card but the patch itself they have no way of knowing whether it's legit or not. Basically if the scum out there are good at what they do it'll pass.

Thanks everyone for your input! I appreciate it.

What Im going to do is any ZTs, JTs, Marinos and select PC stuff I will set a minimum grade of 8, any patches that dont reach an 8 will be authenticated and any of my newer stuff ie Tannehill, Lamar Miller, other Phins stuff will have minimum grades of 9, patches will be 8 and anything else will stay raw.

Now I have to decide what the heck to send in lol.
(05-18-2012, 06:10 PM)giantfan270 Wrote: for PC I do, minimum grade of 8.5 or authenticate only.
You do have a bunch of pretty Giants stuff lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341