`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Prefer?

What Do You Prefer?
Do you prefer graded or ungraded? The reason I ask is because last night I was thinking of selling my LeBron spx auto/jersey PSA 9. But the case was cracked on the back and it might turn off some buyers, and being a PSA 9, it doesn't really boost the value much if at all. So I busted it out of the case. First let me say, my heart was pounding the whole time, but when I got it out, it was a huge relief. Just as I though, the crack in the case didn't hit the card so it's still in great condition. And after I cracked it open, I decided I was going to keep it. And now it's safely in a hard case. So have you ever broken into a case? Would you rather have your card graded or ungraded?

RE: What Do You Prefer?
It really just depends on the card. I doubt there is going to be a catch all answer for anyone to that question.

I like both...I know, a lot of help.

For cards that I know I am going to keep I like to have them in a BGS case. That way I know that they are safe from further damage. I do this for mostly higher priced cards as well. I also like how that case displays the card. I try to grade cards that I am going to sell. This will let the buyer know exactly what they are getting. To many times have a bought a card from EBay far from mint thinking it was (mint in ones eyes is not always mint in your eyes).

For some of my other cards that are of lower value but I still want to hang on to I just make sure they are in a top loader. No need for Grading.
One reason I don’t like graded cards is because for some players I like to have them in a binder.

In your case: I would rather buy a PSA9 card with a crack then a raw card. As long as it was stated that the crack did not effect the card.

NBA 50 GREATEST AUTOGRAPHS - 48/50 - 96%

50 Greatest still need - Chamberlin, Maravich.

I'm just trying to spark up a convo. Not a lot of posts here. But yeah I see where you're coming from. If I was going to sell it, I would of kept it in the case. But I like how it looks without it and if I have no plans of trading it, I don't care if it's worth more.

I like both, however I have noticed that out of all the graded slabs I have cracked, PSA is by far the easiest to crack, more so than a SGC or even a BCCG case. Just shows you how flimsy their cases are.

Skybox Autographics Set Collector

I really don't like graded cards. I prefer to be able to hold the card if I so choose.

If it's a PC item that I really like, I prefer it to be graded. That way it doesn't get ruined. I have kids and they really don't care about what's valuable or not, lol.
I collect LeBron, Jordan, Kobe and anything that catches my eye.
[Image: SU1BRzAxODMtMS5qcGc-1.jpg]

Personally I have been leaning more towards graded cards because I know exactly what I'm getting. Since I collect mj cards I want to make sure the condition is worth the price I pay. That and people on eBay have a hard time explaining the condition of cards they sell. So that's why I prefer graded. For lower end stuff it doesn't matter.

[Image: Nick.jpg]

(05-12-2012, 08:41 PM)jchavestx Wrote: I like both, however I have noticed that out of all the graded slabs I have cracked, PSA is by far the easiest to crack, more so than a SGC or even a BCCG case. Just shows you how flimsy their cases are.
I know what you mean. I'm not even sure how mine got cracked. I put it in a box with a bunch of other cards in hard screw downs and I took it out. Whadaya know, cracked.

(05-12-2012, 08:50 PM)marquettewade3 Wrote: I really don't like graded cards. I prefer to be able to hold the card if I so choose.
+1
[Image: PennyBannerFinal.gif]