`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Having an issue with USPS/Ebay and have questions

RE: OT: Having an issue with USPS/Ebay and have questions
(05-07-2012, 01:32 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: you can use paypal shipping, then take it down to the post office and have them scan them in

paypal shipping is MUCH cheaper than the post office
Then if you don't have enough postage or if you have the wrong zone or type of mail it comes back to you.
[Image: rainbowsig.png]
^Need the Purple 1/1! Will Pay A Finder's Fee!^

Collecting: Andrew McCutchen (me) & Derek Jeter (wife)

If the package did nothave the right postage on it, it will come back to you but usually still gets scanned.

you use Paypal shipping how did you attach the label.

Also if this is an Ebay sell, Seller protection should cover you.

(05-07-2012, 11:20 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: If the package did nothave the right postage on it, it will come back to you but usually still gets scanned.

you use Paypal shipping how did you attach the label.

Also if this is an Ebay sell, Seller protection should cover you.
And you wouldn't believe how many countless RTS packages I send out with paypal ebay printing labels because there is not enough postage or the label is incorrect for the type of package.

I have never had one package returned for insufficient postage. I always pay more than needed just to make sure. I sent as Package/Thick Envelope same as I do with trades

(05-07-2012, 02:46 PM)phillies816 Wrote: Ugh. Just got off the phone with what was quite honestly the worst customer service person in history. I now know why they are in the trouble they are in. I felt like I was dealing with "Peggy" from Discover. I am just going to email them because I got nowhere. [Image: peggy.jpg]
Customer service is not the reason why we are in trouble. It's the boneheaded uppers making way too much money and saying we are short of it.

Our Post Master General Pat Premadonnahoe is a money sucking scum bag who just renovated his office a couple months ago amid the USPS losing money.

The first class mail volume has dropped significantly and we have way too many facilities now that are not needed. Luckily for me, the 3 plants in the Pittsburgh area are not shutting down, so I'm safe from not moving.

But to get on with your story. What is your current location? I might be able to help you in finding this package.

Sorry if I offended you Fitzy. I'm just frustrated. I pride myself here and on Ebay on getting things to people in a timely manner and just don't have any answers for the buyer right now. I am in Bala Cynwyd PA. It's just outside Philly. I sent an email with all my information to USPS.com so hopefully I will hear back from them. Saw something about a Mail Recovery Center? Maybe a printing flaw in the label? While things are taking longer to get to places because of closures they always get there. Again sorry if I offended you. The USPS really does a great job overall.

(05-08-2012, 06:13 AM)phillies816 Wrote: Sorry if I offended you Fitzy. I'm just frustrated. I pride myself here and on Ebay on getting things to people in a timely manner and just don't have any answers for the buyer right now. I am in Bala Cynwyd PA. It's just outside Philly. I sent an email with all my information to USPS.com so hopefully I will hear back from them. Saw something about a Mail Recovery Center? Maybe a printing flaw in the label? While things are taking longer to get to places because of closures they always get there. Again sorry if I offended you. The USPS really does a great job overall.
I understand the frustration, and I get mad when I see people at my job who just don't care. I have a passion for my job and take it very serious. I would recommend contacting the Philadelphia P&DC facility plant manager or someone in their office to give them notification of what has happened IF the email you sent doesn't go anywhere.

I know that they have the same machines we do, by contacting them they will also contact other facilities to track it. The post office can only do so much, by going straight to the mom facility it get done quicker.

We had an email sent to us from a lady in Cincy who hasn't received her passport and she was leaving her Thailand the next day. We were given an image of the passport it went through our facility somehow instead of Cincy and was tracked to comeback on a truck we were getting that night. That very night the passport came down my mail shute and I turned it in. I got rewarded for it and a thank you letter from the lady but im just doing my job, getting mail to customers.

So it's very possible your package got missorted and it circling around, that's the P&DC's responsibility now. The local post office can't do much help.

Hopefully by you emailing the USPS will get them kicked in gear and they should be sending a mass email out.

(05-08-2012, 05:44 AM)phillies816 Wrote: I have never had one package returned for insufficient postage. I always pay more than needed just to make sure. I sent as Package/Thick Envelope same as I do with trades
That sounds right, but how do you attack the label-- tape it on? I have had some that where taped on that part of the label got ripped off and that is why the DC # did not show up. Lucky they still had my address on them.

The label itself has adhesive and I also tape the top and bottom of the label to make sure it won't come off

(05-08-2012, 09:52 AM)phillies816 Wrote: The label itself has adhesive and I also tape the top and bottom of the label to make sure it won't come off
Probably just not getting scanned or lost somewhere.