`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012

RE: OT: Small rant...Upper Deck 2012
(04-26-2012, 04:16 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I keep reading all these articles about Upper Deck 2012 being redemption free. I follow them on facebook as well and they're all over facebook and twitter excited about their new project being "redemption free." What gets me is that there are still redemption cards! They just renamed them to "exchange cards." C'mon...seriously? This is what they posted not too long ago on twitter.

"With the exception of the "Trade Upper Deck" exchange cards, 2012 UD FB is #redemption free. All auto content is LIVE in packs."

Is anyone else irritated by this? They took the redemption card, took away the ability to redeem it online, put a dumb picture on it, and renamed to exchange card. I applaud them for trying to go redemption free, but I dislike the way they're trying to do it.
So, they add value to the product by including what is toted as the best QB talent since Peyton Manning and it upsets you? Would it better if they just acted like SAGE and ignored the fact that the number 1 pick was not included? Im confused to be quite frank.
Trying to finish these sets:
1999 Upper Deck Strike Force Quantum /100
2000 Score Complete Players Green/ Blue
2000 Leaf Piece of the Game Preview 4th Down Isaac Bruce
2008 Premier NFL Equipment /25 John Elway

Let me know if you have any available.

I'm going all in on the 2012 UD for the simple reason there is only 1 redemption card in the set. i'm am sick to death of pulling at least 1 redemption card out of every - and i mean EVERY Panini product i open. So if i have to deal with the possibility of pulling ONE with UD (like waiting a year is unheard of?), then so be it. Setting up my deck chair as we speak.
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

It's pretty much understood that these "EXCHANGE CARDS" are for Andrew Luck, since all the other Qbs are already included in the set.

!!!!Warning for those who might actually go out looking for these, there now seems to be 2 versions of the card. !!!!!!!

- One is a SILVER version, the "TRADE UPPER DECK" graffiti is in silver. These are good for a rookie card of a "First Round Draft Quarterback".

- One is a GOLD Version, The "TRADE UPPER DECK" graffiti is in GOLD. THESE are good for an AUTOGRAPHED rookie card of a "First Round Quarterback".

This is the GOLd version I pulled out my box:
[Image: 100_1339.jpg]
So far I've seen 2 others on the other place, compared to about a dozen of the silver ones..

I understand not being able to make any Luck cards for some time, but why can't we redeem online, or why do I have to send them an envelope to send me my card back in??

Are we really talking about UD sending me a card of the possible value as this card in a PWE?? I'd rather fly down to UD HQ and pick it up myself!
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

(04-26-2012, 04:29 PM)aviat0rshades Wrote: I can see that, I'm just irritated they way they went about it.
In their defense, I don't really think its a redemption. What I mean is, they aren't going to tell you there is an Adrian Peterson autograph in the set and when you open your box and pull it, its a redemption card. All cards on the checklist are inside the boxes.

These are almost like a little extra something and as far as I know, nobody knows what they are for so I'm kind of looking at it as a bonus.

Thoughts?
And yes, I believe this is their way of including Andrew Luck into the product.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

(04-27-2012, 04:00 AM)Marinocollector Wrote: So, they add value to the product by including what is toted as the best QB talent since Peyton Manning and it upsets you? Would it better if they just acted like SAGE and ignored the fact that the number 1 pick was not included? Im confused to be quite frank.
That's not my point. I'm not worried about who this exchange card is for. It just seems like a different way of wording redemption and they're acting like its this huge accomplishment.
(04-27-2012, 07:40 AM)jaykayzee Wrote: It's pretty much understood that these "EXCHANGE CARDS" are for Andrew Luck, since all the other Qbs are already included in the set.

!!!!Warning for those who might actually go out looking for these, there now seems to be 2 versions of the card. !!!!!!!

- One is a SILVER version, the "TRADE UPPER DECK" graffiti is in silver. These are good for a rookie card of a "First Round Draft Quarterback".

- One is a GOLD Version, The "TRADE UPPER DECK" graffiti is in GOLD. THESE are good for an AUTOGRAPHED rookie card of a "First Round Quarterback".

This is the GOLd version I pulled out my box:
[Image: 100_1339.jpg]
So far I've seen 2 others on the other place, compared to about a dozen of the silver ones..

I understand not being able to make any Luck cards for some time, but why can't we redeem online, or why do I have to send them an envelope to send me my card back in??

Are we really talking about UD sending me a card of the possible value as this card in a PWE?? I'd rather fly down to UD HQ and pick it up myself!
Exactly! That's my other complaint. It's all so mysterious and unknown. What if it's not Andrew Luck? There were 4 QBs drafted in the first round. I guess I wouldn't complain if I got any of their cards in exchange, but 2013? Is it going to be like the redemptions and there's a chance you may never get them?
[Image: Untitled-1-1.jpg]

I don't know the technical definition of redemption card but I don't think this would qualify as one to be honest.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com