`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking to bust a few boxes

Looking to bust a few boxes
I've been saving up to purchase a case of gold standard in the sense that you are guaranteed a few quality case hits that will most likely make a little bit of my money back. I will most likely only be keeping a few cards of it and the rest will be ft/fs. not really to make money on it, just feel like busting a case as i never have.

I have been told that buying a case when the product has been out almost a year will result in getting nothing good? is there any truth to this?

Either way, in the meantime i'm looking to bust a box or two....any suggestions on something that might result in a few decent pulls?

thoughts,opinions, anything......please share!!
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

RE: Looking to bust a few boxes
(04-25-2012, 08:21 PM)natebuzzadams2 Wrote: I've been saving up to purchase a case of gold standard in the sense that you are guaranteed a few quality case hits that will most likely make a little bit of my money back. I will most likely only be keeping a few cards of it and the rest will be ft/fs. not really to make money on it, just feel like busting a case as i never have.

I have been told that buying a case when the product has been out almost a year will result in getting nothing good? is there any truth to this?

Either way, in the meantime i'm looking to bust a box or two....any suggestions on something that might result in a few decent pulls?

thoughts,opinions, anything......please share!!
I would suggest go with Elite Black over Gold Standard just form seeing what people are posting here it seems like the Better break of the 2 Products..

I agree that Elite Black is preferable over Gold Standard, but it also runs $30-$40 more per box. Maybe try a Totally Certified?
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

totally certified i heard was just as much as a "all or nothing" break as gold standard? i could be misinformed.........i may bust a box of elite black box in the next week or so....if i do i'll be sure to post in box breaks.
Always looking to collect Carmelo Anthony patches and autos

Still offering 20 dollar finders fee for anyone who can point me to the T or Y of 07-08 Topps letterman set.

Check My Melo PC on my bucket.
http://photobucket.com/nateadamsdubvmelo

[Image: ZfsEI.png]

Bust a few boxes of each product and try your luck. Try a few boxes of preferred, gold standard, Black, Spa, and Contenders box all together.

The best hits for Gold Standard are the Solid Gold 1/1. The majority of the big hits have already been found. Thats not to say you will not hit anything worth your while and the Gold Standard cards are very nice. Just gotta pick what you like the most and go for it.

(04-26-2012, 05:21 PM)sky20t Wrote: Bust a few boxes of each product and try your luck. Try a few boxes of preferred, gold standard, Black, Spa, and Contenders box all together.
If your paying I would love to do this LOL

(04-26-2012, 06:11 PM)bbills1999 Wrote: If your paying I would love to do this LOL
Lol. Is Bill Walton the daddy of the Lopez Twin. They sure do look alike. lol...

I just picked up a box of 94-95 SP on eBay for a whopping $9 delivered haha. It was a first-time seller so nobody else was willing to bite. I know that doesn't help your quandary but I'm excited! /hijacking of thread Smile
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

(04-26-2012, 07:14 PM)sky20t Wrote: Lol. Is Bill Walton the daddy of the Lopez Twin. They sure do look alike. lol...
Who knows.. Walton is a bit of a Hippy and Free Spirit he may have had a little thing with There Mother LOL