Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Good Among The Hardships

Something Good Among The Hardships
Good day, Beckett Community!

Well, it's been a trying week for more folks than normal here on the Hockey Boards, and it has also been a trying week for me. More foibles, shall we call them, have confounded a process that I thought was in the works for the past year, and now I am that much further behind! As far as the person in charge of the matter was concerned, had someone (not me) not messed up I would have this situation resolved and a question answered. Alas, this is not the first time that this EXACT SAME FOIBLE has come to pass, and I am not happy about it. What can I do about it? Well... nothing really, so I take it, swallow and try to push forward. It sucks!

On a good note, the mailman has been by a few times this week with some packages of the bubble variety! Inside said packages were some tantalizing morsels that made me a bit happier. I know that Steve likes to point out that we are trading pieces of cardboard with grown men pictured on them, but to some it is so much more than that. It becomes a journey to acquire said cardboard, and a much needed sense of satisfaction when that certain piece is in your hands! This is how I see it, and I can totally understand when someone gets upset about a mix-up. Though... I can see it from Steve's interpretation, and fully understand why he says what he does (not knocking you in any way, my friend).

So here are my treasured, MANLY pieces of card stock, some of which have a touch more ink and others with some cloth, that have graced my presence over the past little while:

Jaroslav Halak PC

2007-08 Hot Prospects Hot Materials Gold #45/100; 2010-11 Donruss Die Cut Gems, 2011-12 Artifacts Dual Jersey #55/125 (double FT)

[Image: HockeyCards001-1-1.jpg][Image: HockeyCards002-2.jpg][Image: HockeyCards003-2.jpg]

Scratching The Surface PC

Adam Graves, Brandond McMillan, Jeff Carter, Roman Horak

[Image: HockeyCards005-1.jpg][Image: HockeyCards006-1.jpg][Image: HockeyCards007-1.jpg][Image: HockeyCards008-1.jpg]

Habs GU/AU PC

2006-07 Artifacts Autofacts-Kirk Muller, 2008-09 SPx Winning Combos Steve Shutt/Chris Higgins (from a box break... will post the rest at the end)

[Image: HockeyCards004-4.jpg][Image: HockeyCards009-5.jpg]

And the 2008-09 SPx box break that I did:

Mark Fistric GU/RC #1262/1299, Robbie Earl GU/AU/RC #134/999, Flashback Fabrics-Theoren Fluery, Winning Materials-Marian Hossa (UGH!!!)

[Image: HockeyCards011.jpg][Image: HockeyCards012.jpg][Image: HockeyCards013.jpg][Image: HockeyCards010.jpg]

The box break was a bit of a dud, but I have done worse. Thank you to Paul (brettball) and Doug (doug8788) for the fantastic trades! You are both welcome to my corner of Beckett any time! As always, the cards not of the PC variety are for trade. I only trade using the Trade Tool so please have your Org. ready. Thank you for the look, and all comments welcomed and encouraged! Best wishes, Beckett Community!

Randi

RE: Something Good Among The Hardships
Great stuff Randi,

I too have had a rough week so far but the mail man has been here 3 times and each time he did not disappoint.

Scans to come shortly.

Chris
[Image: 35754349162_ed852a8323.jpg]

Bucket: https://www.flickr.com/photos/123198232@N04/albums
"ONLY TRADER ALBUMS ARE AVAILABLE"

nice stuff randi! Glad your trades have gone well, mine have not Tongue lol
[Image: logo1_zpsad67d293.jpg]

11-12 UD Hockey w/ YGs: 438/500 (88%)

DO NOT TRADE LIST: chargers2427, mrmagnum75

Sorry about the hiccup in your long-running process but I'm glad you had a few pieces come in to brighten the week. 08-09 SPx breaks can be rough, though that Shutt is pretty awesome man.

I'd actually love a shot at the Fleury (for a friend of mine), if it doesn't get moved by the time I'm ready to trade again. Thanks for the show!
LOGAN COUTURE | MARTIN ST. LOUIS | JEREMY ROENICK | JONATHAN TOEWS
Malkin | Iginla | Datsyuk | Kane | Larionov | Thornton | Fedorov
(Link) Gimme Your: 09-10 SP Authentic | 09-10 Ice | 07-08 O-Pee-Chee

Haha nice pickups chief Smile And im sorry to hear that some boondogglers have managed to set you back somewhat. Haha i know i refer to them as pieces of cardboard with pictures of fully grown men on them, but dont get me wrong, im still passionate about it, and i definitely understand the thrill of the chase Smile The only reason i say that is just as a perspectory thing when a squabble breaks out lol, i know ya werent knockin me Tongue All the same I also eagerly await the mailman, like a dog at the window somedays if i know theres something good coming in... todays one of those days.... but youll just have to wait and see why Big Grin

PS have a few Habs GU you might want, + a Halak or 2, and a STS in a trade lined up waiting to be sent to ya! No rush to find sharks though, they're not going anywhere, except to your mailbox lol.
[Image: nemesisbanner2.gif]

Sig by tha_penguin

After Joe Thornton serial #1's

Joe Thornton PC: (515) 11.36% Joe Thornton #'d 01/xx: (37) 1.34%
Owen Nolan (260) 15.63%
Couture (37) Demers (26) Sateri (23)

AFTER: TOMAS HERTL, HARRI SATERI

(04-25-2012, 05:54 PM)dark crawler88 Wrote: Great stuff Randi,

I too have had a rough week so far but the mail man has been here 3 times and each time he did not disappoint.

Scans to come shortly.

Chris
Thank you, Chris! I am sorry to hear that I was not the only one with a tough go this week, but I am hoping that it picks up for us. Can't wait to see you snares!
(04-25-2012, 05:58 PM)swjrp10 Wrote: nice stuff randi! Glad your trades have gone well, mine have not Tongue lol
Thank you! I am sure that things will get better, as long as you keep trying to make them better and do not settle for second best! Best wishes!
(04-25-2012, 06:08 PM)ricebondsmntna2young Wrote: Sorry about the hiccup in your long-running process but I'm glad you had a few pieces come in to brighten the week. 08-09 SPx breaks can be rough, though that Shutt is pretty awesome man.

I'd actually love a shot at the Fleury (for a friend of mine), if it doesn't get moved by the time I'm ready to trade again. Thanks for the show!
Thanks for dropping in, Al! It's always great to see you back on the Boards! I am sure that the Fleury would stand the test of time, so just give me a shout when you know what it is that you would like to do!

(04-25-2012, 06:30 PM)nemesis77777 Wrote: Haha nice pickups chief Smile And im sorry to hear that some boondogglers have managed to set you back somewhat. Haha i know i refer to them as pieces of cardboard with pictures of fully grown men on them, but dont get me wrong, im still passionate about it, and i definitely understand the thrill of the chase Smile The only reason i say that is just as a perspectory thing when a squabble breaks out lol, i know ya werent knockin me Tongue All the same I also eagerly await the mailman, like a dog at the window somedays if i know theres something good coming in... todays one of those days.... but youll just have to wait and see why Big Grin

PS have a few Habs GU you might want, + a Halak or 2, and a STS in a trade lined up waiting to be sent to ya! No rush to find sharks though, they're not going anywhere, except to your mailbox lol.
Thank you for the great words and awesome integrity, Steve! I know that you have as good a passion about the hobby as anyone, and the Thornton PC shows that clearly! I still am awaiting your package to hit my mailbox, and I hope that Canada Post did not lose it! I'm anxious to see your new acquisitions, and hope that you have the thread posted soon. Also... thanks for looking out for cards for me! I am on the prowl for you, Walt, Hugh, Carl, Chris, Ashley, Ryan... LOTS! Haha! Can't wait to get some more trades in the works!

Thanks to all for stopping by!

Randi

Deep breaths my friend, it'll all be ok. Solid breaks for sure, and I thank you for our recent trade. That said, hopefully before we ship, I'd love to work something out for the Theoren Fleury you've got. I have one in the PC, but that's a nice sharp looking card!
Collecting Cam Neely & Boston Bruins
Photobucket: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/p...or%20Sale/

Randi great pickups......I am sorry to hear about the tough time you have been having lately.....I hope it gets cleared up soon my friend and you get through it, and it working out in your favor.

I am glad to see you have been able to add some noce pieces to your Habs and Halak PC's! Those are some pretty nice looking cards you picked up!

I personally think you shjould open a CASE of 05-06 The Cup in order to make you feel better! (I have dibs on the Crosbys!) Big Grin

Hopefully things look up soon for you my friend and you dont HATE me too much for the shananigans with the stickworks card......it should arrive in Edmonton anytime now!
Joe Vitale PC- 104/125= 83% 0 - INCOMING

TRADERS: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/...5/TRADERS/

GAME WORN SITE: http://www.theigloolockerroom.com/

[Image: hughbanner001.png]

great mail to make up for a challenging time

I really hope situations get better for everyone who is having one
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

Randi it is always nice to get some decent mail when you are having a bad day.

Here is hoping for better times ahead for you.
[Image: 36415429146_421111660f_b.jpg]Scott Nobles, on Flickr