`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don't you just cringe when.......

Don't you just cringe when.......
You get an email notification for a super rare card you are looking for and then you find out the seller is ( or like ) BigBoyd.
Ugh.

RE: Don't you just cringe when.......
I just recently found out about being able to get emailed when a card goes up for sale on eBay. I love the option, but agree that it sucks when the card is either overpriced or from certain sellers.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

What? You dont trust bigboyd lol......
[Image: Pinstripe2.jpg]
I need 2007 & 2008 Topps Sterling Base Cards #/250
My Bucket

(04-25-2012, 03:05 PM)cptnemo66 Wrote: What? You dont trust bigboyd lol......
Not when another bidder keeps mysteriously bidding on almost ALL of his auctions and barely ever wins any of them. lol

(04-25-2012, 03:33 PM)creativemunky Wrote: Not when another bidder keeps mysteriously bidding on almost ALL of his auctions and barely ever wins any of them. lol
This is the reason why I snipe bid. I have bought from him and had it graded and it was real so I am not sure where your going with this though.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I've never bought anything from him but I do notice EVERYTHING he has is higher than the rest of the auctions I usually see. that's all I'm saying about that.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.

(04-25-2012, 03:35 PM)chrisa19978 Wrote: This is the reason why I snipe bid. I have bought from him and had it graded and it was real so I am not sure where your going with this though.
Never said anything was fake, Although he has had a few fakes on sale in the past (most notably the Scoreboard Graded Kobe Autograph that had a forged signature), He just shill and snipe bids his own auctions to get higher prices.

(04-25-2012, 08:19 AM)creativemunky Wrote: You get an email notification for a super rare card you are looking for and then you find out the seller is ( or like ) BigBoyd.
Ugh.
I cringe when people make ignorant assumptions based on no credible information. Please show me one auction we have ever run that has been shill bid. If you use bid history as a reason, I'm not even going to respond. If you think high bid activity means shill bidding, you have no idea how ebay works. When you run thousands of auctions per week, you will have many many repeat bidders. If anyone else sold the volume we did for the amount of time we have, their bidder's activity would look the same..

how about inflating your bv, both on lots and single card auctions?

(04-25-2012, 05:44 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: how about inflating your bv, both on lots and single card auctions?
+1
The BV advertised is always more than actual, but I always check book values on every item I bid on so it's not a big deal to me but could be to people without the price guide.
[Image: bryansbanner2.jpg]
Braves certified auto count: 114 different players
HOF auto collection: 10 players
Looking for Braves auto's of current and former players.