`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Supercollecting, what does it take?

Supercollecting, what does it take?
Not sure if this question has been answered before, but here it is: What does it take to become a supercollector of someone? I know you guys know because many of you are supercollectors. Any feedback helps!
[Image: Banner.jpg]
Sports Card Album
Contenders Collection
UF: 39/46 (84.8%)
Phins: 14/56 (25.0%)

RE: Supercollecting, what does it take?
Wont help much because I dont remember who but apparently another forum actually has some rules on who is a supercollector im sure someone will post the parameters

I'm a super collector. At least my mom says so.

Seriously - pretty subjective. I could have 8 million 1990 pro set Jerry rice cards and consider myself a super collector - or I can be a guy who only collects his certified autographs and have 75% of all of them.

I thinks it is narrowed down to you having a ton of stuff of one player. No real parameters. Just a solid commitment to collecting a player.
[Image: bbd5_1.jpg][Image: beachebay3-1.jpg]

OCD, dedication and a lot of patience lol.

(04-20-2012, 10:13 PM)krayzie83 Wrote: OCD, dedication and a lot of patience lol.
That about sums it up lol!!!
[Image: mooncricket916.jpg]

There arent any parameters or necessary things to be be one as you could choose to supercollect a number of different or certain things. I think you just need something that really impresses people when they look at it. Something that isnt easy for just anybody to do the same thing. But no matter what it is, it absolutely will take a lot of time to do, or a a lot of money. OR........in my case, a combination of both hahaha. Just make sure you have fun doing it.
[Image: nthnoak.jpg]

Looking for 49er Autos and Kobe Bryant.

http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/zz216...r%20Trade/

A lot of money is what it takes lol I agree with Ugameck in a solid commitment in a player as well as nthnoak in something that really impresses people and not easy for anyone else to do.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

I wrote this a couple of months ago and a few people got a kick out of it so I will re post it.

I define a supercollector as a person with ccd "compulsive collecting disorder". Its not about how many cards you own or how expensive your collection is necessarily. Its about checking eBay 10 times a day for new listings. Searching buckets hoping someone has a card you need. Clicking every card listed on Beckett's database twice a week hoping to find someone that has a card you need. Looking at the cards you already own and realizing you wouldnt trade one of them for a HOFer auto especially 1/1s!!! Being in a terrible, crabby mood and opening up a yellow package to find that special card inside that puts you in a good mood. Literally having a dream of your next pick up. Setting an alarm so you can bid on your next potential pickup at its very last second. Being upset for days, if not months or years of cards you missed out on. Praying to a higher being that a card you need pops up somewhere. When your girlfriend may be in the "mood" and you say "ok gimme 10 mins so I can bid on this auction". When you allow your beer to get warm because your so consumed looking for new cards. When you let you dinner get cold because your so consumed looking for new cards. When you eat out less so you have more dough to buy cards with. When every paycheck you get you set aside a certain amount for cards before thinking of gas money. I can go on forever but I think you get my point. lol. If you find yourself doing these things then you are a supercollector in my eyes.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Found this.

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1439575.html

Look at the 4th post. Seems pretty well thought out. Not sure what site it came from, but I do remember stumbling upon that site a while ago and having read those requirements myself.
Collecting Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, Peyton Manning, Daniel Thomas.

[Image: ReggieBush.png]

For Trade

(04-20-2012, 10:10 PM)ugameck Wrote: I'm a super collector. At least my mom says so.
My mom says I'm super too!
subjective is the correct term. Honestly Jaderock's is the barometer by which all collections should be judged. There can only be one lol.
I think its silly to use the term myself.
The "guidelines" putout by the other sites are admittedly subjective. ColtsfanMike don't post no more but his collection made the cut.
I have had people here tell me my collection of Buckeyes is the best they've ever seen, but it fits inside of one 3 row monster box. Whooptydoo.
If you have a nice collection people will tell you.
[Image: 1c4478fb-d731-4d9f-ba14-899045a13077_zps5489e52d.jpg]