`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.

RE: The Post on Jon Jones vs. Rashad Evans was wrong.
You've told me nothing except "Jones is bigger" and "jones has reach on him" ...and "look at the reach of these guys he's fought!" I hate to stop ya while you're feeling like your on a roll but fights are not fought on paper. You draw your silly assumptions from the sample that is out there....and that sample says Silva is an elite fighter. Jones is also an elite fighter. To say one would beat the other 8 out of 10 times is so ridiculous it is truly the stuff of Becketts MMA. You go on mmafighting.com with this garbage and they'll call you a troll and run you off the site. And how has Silva shown a reluctance to fight LHW? He's fought 2 LHW fights for no other reason than entertainment...he's the MW champion...when you consider these elite guys fight no more than 2 times a year usually, why concern yourself with the LHW division? I found it admiable he took on a bonafide LHW contender at the time in Griffin and spanked him. It took cajones, and he did it. How did Jones dodge it? He said " I won't fight Anderson Silva,. Period. Good enough guys? This is getting ridiculous and I'm getting tired of explaining why Anderson Silva would not be an easy out for Jon Jones.

im enjoying a good laugh. chrissa you may want to go research more because your arguments are getting torn to pieces dont take it personal. you may know more about jeter but your mma stuff is not what u think.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(04-17-2012, 11:16 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: You've told me nothing except "Jones is bigger" and "jones has reach on him" ...and "look at the reach of these guys he's fought!" I hate to stop ya while you're feeling like your on a roll but fights are not fought on paper. You draw your silly assumptions from the sample that is out there....and that sample says Silva is an elite fighter. Jones is also an elite fighter. To say one would beat the other 8 out of 10 times is so ridiculous it is truly the stuff of Becketts MMA. You go on mmafighting.com with this garbage and they'll call you a troll and run you off the site. And how has Silva shown a reluctance to fight LHW? He's fought 2 LHW fights for no other reason than entertainment...he's the MW champion...when you consider these elite guys fight no more than 2 times a year usually, why concern yourself with the LHW division? I found it admiable he took on a bonafide LHW contender at the time in Griffin and spanked him. It took cajones, and he did it. How did Jones dodge it? He said " I won't fight Anderson Silva,. Period. Good enough guys? This is getting ridiculous and I'm getting tired of explaining why Anderson Silva would not be an easy out for Jon Jones.

There you go again as I never said it was going to be easy and this still expains nothing. You did forget the strength and Jones is a wrestler to important factors that would help decide the fight. I will go to the mma site. What funny is how we got talking about this on a topic that was about someone saying Jones started the feud with Evans. I have never knock Silva I just think he needs to stay at 185 because he has a better chance to stay undefeated in the UFC as Jones will be his biggest challenge to him ever. Jon Jone and Rashad Evans said they would not fight and look what will happen this weekend. Why start an arguement and not say why you think he will win. All your doing is dodging my question on how do you think Silva would win. Both hold a UFC belt which means neither are bums.
(04-18-2012, 12:08 AM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: im enjoying a good laugh. chrissa you may want to go research more because your arguments are getting torn to pieces dont take it personal. you may know more about jeter but your mma stuff is not what u think.
So here they say alot I have already mentioned and the only advantage I am reading is experience over Jon Jones but my arguement is getting ripped to pieces or so you say. Here says Jon Jones has all the tallent to beat Silva and Silva has the experience to beat Jones. You say Silva would win I say Jones would win. So if you look at it like this guy has it either person could win so I am showing your eveything and your showing me nothing.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/82412...-right-now
Chael Sonen? Best wrestler in mixed martial arts. Jones isn't even close. So to assume Jones could dominate Silva based on Sonnen's smothering style? Inaccurate. Take it all into consideration...it shouldn't even be stated that Silva would have "no chance" against Jones.
[/quote]

So let me disect this statement as people here add words to mine because never once did I say it would be an easy fight for either fighter. I just stated the avantages Jones has over Silva. So how do you figure Sonnen is the best wrestler? The guy came out of nowhere and was not even a name till they proposed the fight of him and Silva. Let me name better wrestlers in my opnion. Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans are 2 and I am sure I can come up with more but you say he is the best and my guess why you say he is the best wrestler is because all the trouble he gave Anderson Silva. So this is a opnion statement just like its my opnion that Silva would not beat Jones in a fight. But I never said he couldn't as it is in every sport you can loose any fight or game to any person or team as there is also luck involved with everything. Depending on how Jones dose this fight will answer alot of questions to me as Rashad is not going to be an easy fight but if he dominates him an experienced MMA fighter like Silva this will show how good he really is and I am thinking a win over Evans puts him number 1 in yahoo MMA rankings as well.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Chael Sonnen was a nobody until the Silva fight? Ok...you don't know what you're talking about. Did you know Chael Sonnen was a greco-roman olympian? Rashad Evans wasn't. Hendo is a great wrestler but doesn't use it as his main offense. He looks for the K.O.. Sonnen is a wrestler who literally can't be stopped. Michael Bisping even went out guaranteed Sonnen wouldn't take him down and ended up spending the majority of the fight on his back. You really don't know much about this fighters Chris and it becomes obvious to someone like me just by reading a sentence in your posts. You claim now "its not going to be easy" for Jones. No ***** lol. You also claimed Jones would win 8 out of 10 times...an amateurish statement that just didn't need to be said. It was ridiculous...there's no painting it over and acting worldly about it now.

(04-17-2012, 04:46 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: i love jones and hate evans! BUT i have to admit im tired of the talk and hype. lets jsut fight already!

TRADING ANYONE???
This.

Rashad should change his nickname from "Suga" to Sour Grapes
take a look at my organize, I have something you like...

[Image: imag0256s.jpg]

Rashad is a hypocrite in the sense that he would call anyone else cocky but he has really made up for some things he has done in the octagon (grabbing the crotch, gyrating etc.) by being the good guy on TUF 10 ...coming off as a good caring coach, and he always seems like a decent guy that just gets carried away sometimes during fights and I'm fine with that. Genki Sudo used to dance during fights...Ed West shoots an invisible fireball at opponents. I don't think it makes him a deplorable person. I would much rather be around Rashad Evans than that spitting prick Michael Bisping.

(04-18-2012, 07:24 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Chael Sonnen was a nobody until the Silva fight? Ok...you don't know what you're talking about. Did you know Chael Sonnen was a greco-roman olympian? Rashad Evans wasn't. Hendo is a great wrestler but doesn't use it as his main offense. He looks for the K.O.. Sonnen is a wrestler who literally can't be stopped. Michael Bisping even went out guaranteed Sonnen wouldn't take him down and ended up spending the majority of the fight on his back. You really don't know much about this fighters Chris and it becomes obvious to someone like me just by reading a sentence in your posts. You claim now "its not going to be easy" for Jones. No ***** lol. You also claimed Jones would win 8 out of 10 times...an amateurish statement that just didn't need to be said. It was ridiculous...there's no painting it over and acting worldly about it now.
Are you still on the 8 out of 10 thing? Is this your defense on not answering how Anderson Silva would beat Jon Jones with so many things against him? I am asking you how you think Anderson Silva would win. Make the argument how, not beat around the bush. Just because he was in the Olympics doesn’t make him the best wrestler in MMA. That’s like me saying I was an amateur boxer so some guy off the street couldn’t beat me in a fight because of that which would never be the case. Sonnen also looked horrible against Bisping and from what I watched it was close and could of gone either way. But that’s not the point here explain to me how Silva would beat Jones as your so confident he would? I am sure you’re going to side step and being something else up and that will just prove my point of you dodging the question I have asked you a few times.

Jesus christ...I explained it in my first reply to you. Go back and read it...pg. 1. I stated what I felt Silva's advantages were. I never said Silva would win 8 out of 10 times or that Jones would have 0 shot against him....that's your territory. Where I feel you went way off into ridiculousness is where you started on discrediting everyone not named Jones and that Silva had 0 shot against Jones. That's where it took a turn for the worse and you haven't exactly rebounded well in questioning Sonnen and Griffins abilities.

Pg 1...read it again. I'm not quoting myself.

(04-17-2012, 08:12 AM)Eli8024 Wrote: Jon Jones has never done anything wrong in his life. He's a victim of being so damn perfect.

Personally I'm getting tired of hearing about him.
Here was your first post and it shows how much you dislike him.

(04-18-2012, 01:46 PM)Eli8024 Wrote: Jesus christ...I explained it in my first reply to you. Go back and read it...pg. 1. I stated what I felt Silva's advantages were. I never said Silva would win 8 out of 10 times or that Jones would have 0 shot against him....that's your territory. Where I feel you went way off into ridiculousness is where you started on discrediting everyone not named Jones and that Silva had 0 shot against Jones. That's where it took a turn for the worse and you haven't exactly rebounded well in questioning Sonnen and Griffins abilities.

Pg 1...read it again. I'm not quoting myself.
so you are saying that silva matches up with jones athletically and "wipes the mat" with him on striking and instincts? what fights are you watching? bones is possibly the most athletic fighter out there in his size category (185 lb+) and his striking is even more unpredictable than silva. I dont know why you are telling chris its amateurish to say bones beats silva 8 out of 10 times, and then you say silva would wipe the mat with bones with parts of his game. thats crazy talk. neither of these guys would wipe the mat with either, they are 2 of the top 3 fighters in the world.

I gotta say your blueprint for a silva victory is majorly flawed. To plan and stand and strike with a guy with a large reach advantage is not something most fighters plan on doing. and I think he would have a very hard time trying to use his clinch work on the larger stronger bones.

finally we had a post last month asking who the #1 fighter in the world is...
my answer then and now... anderson silva. Just saying that I am not hating on silva, just pointing out the major problems he would have in fighting the larger, stronger, younger bones. even if this fight were to ever happen it would be years from now, so its a moot point anyway
Always Lookin for Cubs, Bears, Bulls and MMA.