`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about price differences between OPG & magazine

Question about price differences between OPG & magazine
I was at Wal-Mart today and looking through the baseball beckett magazine they had (had Harper on the front, I believe).

Anyway, I looked up a Brandon Belt RC out of 2011 Bowman Platinum. The multiplier for an emerald said 8x BV.

So when I get home, I decide to enter it into my ORG. But when I look it up, the base card price is the same, but the emerald price amounts to 2x the BV.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a common occurrence? Just trying to figure out what's going on. Thanks.

RE: Question about price differences between OPG & magazine
anyone?

I never noticed that. So which is the true value. Magazine or Online?
Dude nice spot. I'd be interested in knowing the true price?
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

i've talked to people on other sites ive tried to trade with and their bv from the book is completely different from the bv i get off this site. its been a deal breaker a couple of times :/ and they arent small differences its the difference of about $5 bv to $35bv ???? makes me contemplate why have the online subscription if its not the same as the book
[Image: 2choicesig_zps9f1610c4.gif]

(04-15-2012, 08:36 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I was at Wal-Mart today and looking through the baseball beckett magazine they had (had Harper on the front, I believe).

Anyway, I looked up a Brandon Belt RC out of 2011 Bowman Platinum. The multiplier for an emerald said 8x BV.

So when I get home, I decide to enter it into my ORG. But when I look it up, the base card price is the same, but the emerald price amounts to 2x the BV.

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a common occurrence? Just trying to figure out what's going on. Thanks.
multipliers on rc and sp's are often less than other base cards. so, instead of being 8x's base, it will be 2x's base

I think the online would take precedence...when looking at the most current magazine, the data is a couple months old b/c it takes time to get it printed and distributed etc. I've seen at least one mod confirm this too.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

I have both subscriptions and this has nothing to do with pricing but by the time I receive my mag in the mail it's old news. The news stand gets them way before I do, it's ridiculous. Usually when I get it it's al shredded up. Sorry, just wanted to get that off my chest.

(04-16-2012, 12:42 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: multipliers on rc and sp's are often less than other base cards. so, instead of being 8x's base, it will be 2x's base
But it only had 1 multiplier and not multiples (for RCs, SPs, etc).
Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

I've also noticed other sites don't go by BV. I've been in situations where I've wanted to trade a $50 BV for a $50 BV auto and they say the value's not the same and they don't by BV. They go by sale value and that book value means nothing to them.

It's been kind of tough trading on other sites because I've done nearly 400 trades here by BV. Then you go somewhere else and they trade based on sale value.

Oh well, thanks again for the help.

(04-16-2012, 01:20 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: But it only had 1 multiplier and not multiples (for RCs, SPs, etc).
Anyway, thanks for the heads up.

I've also noticed other sites don't go by BV. I've been in situations where I've wanted to trade a $50 BV for a $50 BV auto and they say the value's not the same and they don't by BV. They go by sale value and that book value means nothing to them.

It's been kind of tough trading on other sites because I've done nearly 400 trades here by BV. Then you go somewhere else and they trade based on sale value.

Oh well, thanks again for the help.
emerald has two different multipliers:

http://www.beckett.com/baseball/2011/bow...m-emerald/

go to price grid at the bottom, then select header lines:

COMPLETE SET (100)
*EMERALD: 2X TO 5X BASIC
*EMERALD RC: .75X TO 2X BASIC RC

THERE IS YOUR DIFFERENCE

Man, I have been trying to tell you this for a while. I post on most of your responses trying to explain this. Beckett is a guide and nothing more. It gives us an idea of the range of a cards sale. It's out of date the second it's printed. A card is subject to hype and inflation if a player is hot and subject to selling dirt cheap if a guy is at a low point or injured. Last season I was trying to grab Longoria cards.

The fact is no one wants to deal a $50 Hosmer that's selling for $40 for a $50 Kinsler that's selling for $18.

The truth of the matter is guys tend to use SV if they have the better card but BV if they want the better card. Just trying to be honest here.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html