`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Posted about Spam on Beckett. Finally have screenshot.

Posted about Spam on Beckett. Finally have screenshot.
Awhile back I had posted a thread asking if anyone was getting pop-up spam ads and banners on here. I have been getting these daily and after each pop-up I have to close and reopen beckett because it gets slow and IE goes busy. I was just about to close when another banner popped up . Good thing I hit the print page key in time.

Here is one of the many pop-ups about surveys. Has anyone had these issues? [Image: spamonbeckett.png]
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: Posted about Spam on Beckett. Finally have screenshot.
i should preface this: i use FF, with adblock, so i dont have these issues

however: that looks like it isnt beckett's stuff. you might want to download a couple free programs (you can get them at download.com)

1. malwarebytes
2. avg

that being said: if it is beckett, it isnt "spam", but popover/under ads, which are annoying, but commplace (boston.com is notorious). but that looks like a flashplayer exploit thing to me

^^^^^ What Jacoby said. I also run Firefox with adblock, and malwarebytes is a great program to clean up your spam.

This stuff is definitely from this site. I use malwarebytes,Avast,and Ccleaner. I clean this laptop daily.
This is also happening on my kids school pc. Its not allowed to be used for anyting not related to school and their programs. I surfed beckett only and it popped up on there too. I don't think its becketts doing but the popover/under ads as jacoby stated. Yes very annoying indeed.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

(04-13-2012, 05:33 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: i should preface this: i use FF, with adblock, so i dont have these issues

however: that looks like it isnt beckett's stuff. you might want to download a couple free programs (you can get them at download.com)

1. malwarebytes
2. avg

that being said: if it is beckett, it isnt "spam", but popover/under ads, which are annoying, but commplace (boston.com is notorious). but that looks like a flashplayer exploit thing to me

I had that pop up recently, and I _think_ it was from Beckett. I doubt it's malware, though, as I don't run windows. I have to think it's an ad from Beckett.

I don't know much about technology, but I have never had one pop up on this site. As far as I know, I don't have anything special in place (probably do, but just don't know it lol) and I use internet explorer.
[Image: youkjumbosig_zps780de657.png]
Help me find the last one of these ^^^!!!
Bucket http://s873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/20youksox
Current Youkilis Count:602/2117- 28.43%

if it originated from beckett, i think there would be MANY more people complaining about this

No pop-up(s) over here. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(04-13-2012, 06:55 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: if it originated from beckett, i think there would be MANY more people complaining about this
I think it does, but it has only happened for me maybe once or twice, so it's hard to say. I'm guessing Beckett because it would be a pretty big coincidence if I ran in to it somewhere else. It's possible a pop up blocker stops it, maybe.

Honestly, I didn't think much of it, as it's just an advertisement.

Now that you showed a screenshot of it, I have been getting those. My brother-in-law upgraded me to Google Chrome now, so I no longer have IE7. I can't download anything b/c a while back I was getting infected looking for pictures of Stacy Keibler!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!