Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Update
Star 
Family Update
A few weeks ago, Giantfan270 (Ron) made a post about me and my dad. I have an update for anyone who is curious. I just returned this morning from Washington state.

Last summer we found out that my dad had lung cancer again. He had been on the way to Pullman, Washington for my college graduation, and he passed out at the wheel of his car. My step-mom, God bless her, was resourceful enough to get the car off of the road, and to flag down the next car. They were on a 2-lane hiway just east of Yakima. The doctors ran tests, and soon discovered a massive aneurysm near his kidneys, the lung cancer, and cancerous liver tumors. The outlook was not good.

To make a long story short, I flew up to Washington on March because my sister said he wasn't doing good. My dad died on April 7th, the day before Easter. He went pretty darn peacefully...

I have just returned home and now am trying to pick back up where I left off. First though, I NEED sleep! I was there almost 3 weeks, and only had 2 good nights of sleep. Most of the nights I was lucky to get 2-3 hours, and some nights got no sleep.

Anyway, I just wanted to update everyone...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

RE: Family Update
Kelly, I'm sorry to hear your lose. I was hoping he would be able to pull out of it somehow. My thoughts are with your family and if you need ANYTHING, just pm me.
[Image: 38lDS2Y.png]
Registry http://registry.beckett.com/player-detai...pc_2286189
PC http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/se.../Suh%20PC/
RC - 35/37
Auto - 83/341
1/1- 11
**Banner made by jbel4331**

Kelly I am so sorry.

I lost my Mom to lung cancer just before Christmas. She was just 63.

It's a tough thing to go through. Just one day at a time. You and your family are in my thoughts.

I am sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you.
Penn State Auto Collection

www.PSUAutoCollection.yolasite.com

I am very sorry to hear of your loss, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
[Image: ce8f6545-0bdb-49f7-be76-b13239e656d6_zps6d8f6973.png]

(04-12-2012, 01:56 PM)sevans1979 Wrote: Kelly, I'm sorry to hear your lose. I was hoping he would be able to pull out of it somehow. My thoughts are with your family and if you need ANYTHING, just pm me.
Thanks, Scott. I felt like I was up there mainly as a support system. My dad & step-mom have custody of 2 of my nieces (12 & almost 7) and since I am volunteering in the bereavement services office at the hospice here, I wanted to be able to help out with the kids so that they didn't view Papa's passing as a negative event. That part of the trip was my favorite-I love those 2 girls...
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

Sorry for the loss KKG. Get some rest and know that he's in a better place and cancer no longer has control of him, the suffering is gone.

I am so sorry Kelly. Thats tough. My family and I are praying for you. Hang in there.
http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x428/Kylebucksfan/
Collecting Andy Dalton, Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham and Bengals

[Image: Bengalsnightbanner_zps050bbaf3.jpg]

I am so sorry to hear about your dad passing Kel Sad I am glad he went peacefully. I wish you rest and peace of mind. My thoughts and prayers are with you Kel!!!

Very sorry for the loss...you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
[Image: 9F306E21-7461-40F2-9F1D-AECEC32DB0F3-305...10b87e.jpg]

Drew Brees
True RC 66/66 (100%)
2001 323/359 (90%) AU - 64 Mem - 76
Total AU - 127