`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.

RE: My Mailer Was Empty. No Bryce Harper for me.
(03-27-2012, 12:48 PM)crazy4cardz Wrote: I feel terrible for everyone who is involved, and who lost both money and cards. I had some interaction with JAKELOVESCARDS - I truly felt sorry for his circumstances - just like this community, I was willing and wanted to help out. At first I thought the gun was jumped a little, but, now having seen this played out, I am grateful that Derek came forward immediately with this. I am not a huge trader on this site, because of time constraints, but is there a protocol that we all could come up with to ensure that high end trades are not vulnerable to these problems, albeit they seldom occur? As far as determining if an individual does it fact have a card, it's not difficult to ask them to set the card on a current days newspaper with the date on it. That is at least one step to ensure that someone you are trading with does have that card in their possession. Also, a deposit to a third party trader you both trust to ensure delivery? I know these suggestions are full of holes, but someone might come up with the solution that works! Personally, I am pretty trusting as seems to be the case with a lot of traders here. I know as a new trader, I usually sent first. I have no problem with that. But, rather than ramble, can we maybe start a new thread Derek that allows people to suggest some protocols that would be helpful or at least minimize the problems? Just a thought.

+ 1 well said.... God bless

And while I believe that JAKELOVESCARDS at this point deserves full justice, and deserves whatever is meted out, especially because of his attitude and brazen flippancy, I am reminded of this:

Matthew 5:44 - Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and PRAY for them which DESPITEFULLY USE YOU, and persecute you.

I have no right to tell each of you that have been wronged how to feel, I am not in your shoes; but these are not my words, but the words of someone who has walked in your shoes. End of Sermon!
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

you guys are suggesting that we should send all of cards to derek everytime we trade ? that is rediculous. This will happen again, bad people do bad things in life. It happens. I feel bad for everyone involved but lets not start making rules to try to prevent things that are not preventable. If someone wants to steal your cards, they will. Some people are dbags...ive done many many highend trades and never had a problem, although i have gotten ripped off 3 times now.

(03-27-2012, 12:58 PM)john1580 Wrote: you guys are suggesting that we should send all of cards to derek everytime we trade ? that is rediculous. This will happen again, bad people do bad things in life. It happens. I feel bad for everyone involved but lets not start making rules to try to prevent things that are not preventable. If someone wants to steal your cards, they will. Some people are dbags...ive done many many highend trades and never had a problem, although i have gotten ripped off 3 times now.
100% agree. sending to middle person is not practical.

[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

(03-27-2012, 12:58 PM)john1580 Wrote: you guys are suggesting that we should send all of cards to derek everytime we trade ? that is rediculous. This will happen again, bad people do bad things in life. It happens. I feel bad for everyone involved but lets not start making rules to try to prevent things that are not preventable. If someone wants to steal your cards, they will. Some people are dbags...ive done many many highend trades and never had a problem, although i have gotten ripped off 3 times now.
You are absolutely right John.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

That would never work anyways. It's an at your own risk deal though.

If I agreed to be a third party the I would only handle high-end trades and would only handle them in cases where both parties felt the need to send to me to hold until all cards are accounted for. Insurance would be a must, as well as shipping to forward the items on.

it's not as easy as it sounds.
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

I would do it if the other trader agrees to it
[Image: 10801621_10152449187751828_1141049448538410951_n.jpg]

Seriously, go back and read the posts. No one is implying that a third party is the answer, and that all trades be done through one person. It was a suggestion for some high end trades. I think that is what we are looking for...suggestions. There are enough people on here that maybe we can come up with a couple good ideas! I don't believe that we are so naive to believe that any protocol is going to completely eliminate fraud or eBay and Paypal would have figured it out by now. Let's be constructive!
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____

(03-27-2012, 01:17 PM)crazy4cardz Wrote: Seriously, go back and read the posts. No one is implying that a third party is the answer, and that all trades be done through one person. It was a suggestion for some high end trades. I think that is what we are looking for...suggestions. There are enough people on here that maybe we can come up with a couple good ideas! I don't believe that we are so naive to believe that any protocol is going to completely eliminate fraud or eBay and Paypal would have figured it out by now. Let's be constructive!
I just believe the incidence of bad traders is so small already that you don't need to do something like this. And I don't want to read the threa that ensues the day after the "middle man" decides to disappear himself with a bunch of people's cards. The system just needs us to continue to trust it.
[Image: bZcet.png]
(Banner by jbel4331)
Adam Dunn Super Collector.

(03-27-2012, 12:54 PM)crazy4cardz Wrote: I know I saw that just thought we could start a new thread with some of the ideas from the community. What is considered high end? Does Derek, even though he mentioned it, really want that responsibility? I don't know how many high end trades occur. Anyway, not to think I ignored your earlier suggestion, just couldn't find it among all the pages...and threadsSmile
My trade with you was my first one for more than $20, and both of us were new members. But sometimes you just have to roll the dice. And it worked out great! The thing is, paypal and mail insurance are fairly solid defenders. But I'm not going to be derailed by one fool. I've had a ton of fun trading on this site, and I plan to keep doing this as long as time allows.

[Image: banner.png] [Image: wieters-1.png]
Collecting Orioles, Ravens, and Topps Baseball sets 57, (Finally finished 58!), 67, and 69 (need only 2!). Also, MLB HOF Autos.

(03-27-2012, 01:24 PM)jtraven42 Wrote: My trade with you was my first one for more than $20, and both of us were new members. But sometimes you just have to roll the dice. And it worked out great! The thing is, paypal and mail insurance are fairly solid defenders. But I'm not going to be derailed by one fool. I've had a ton of fun trading on this site, and I plan to keep doing this as long as time allows.
+1
Collecting:
Matt Kemp AUTOS
Dodger GU & AUTO
2009 Ultimate or Legendary Collection Quad / Auto - ALL
Mantle cards
2001 Fleer Greats of the Game AUTO 92/94 - 97.8% complete - missing Stargell Redemption Card and Mays SP
National League Rookie of the Year - GU, Auto, RC
____