Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a new business plan .....
Brick 
a new business plan .....
a few people of late have contacted me to see if I was interested in their collections, and to see "what they're worth" ..... well as you know it takes time and money to research all their goodies just to tell them their collection of 556 1989 Topps Baseball base cards are worth ummmmm ..... diddly Sad

I think I need to start advertizing in the paper, charge a "flat rate fee" and make some money "advising" folks what to do with their memorabilia etc.

none of the local shops do this ..... so why shouldn't I ??? Smile

just my thought for the day Smile

RE: a new business plan .....
Good thought and first dibs at the hidden gems Big Grin

(03-26-2012, 07:41 PM)ripkenfan72 Wrote: Good thought and first dibs at the hidden gems Big Grin
I wish Sad

just finished going through a ladies "baseball collection" including some autographed balls from the 1960's/1970's to tell here they made great doorstops lol ..... hours of research as a "favour" for a friend and not one card/ball worth more than $10 Sad

Just wonder how I can get money to tell folks bad news Sad

(03-26-2012, 07:48 PM)pbean Wrote: I wish Sad

just finished going through a ladies "baseball collection" including some autographed balls from the 1960's/1970's to tell here they made great doorstops lol ..... hours of research as a "favour" for a friend and not one card/ball worth more than $10 Sad

Just wonder how I can get money to tell folks bad news Sad
That's a shame. You would think the auto'd balls alone would bring some $$$ strictly due to age alone, hmmmm.

That is the down side to that job Sad BUT people who find stuff like that need to know the truth and some will pay to have a third-party look at them Smile

Bean just to give you an idea to charge. I charge about a buck a minute. Most collections can be summed up within 30 minutes. But some do take research and evaluation. When I take more than an hour I usually cut them a little break. And another thing I offer is I will make an offer on their collection...and if I buy it they dont pay me. Just some food for thought from my experience
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(03-26-2012, 07:57 PM)chads-cards Wrote: Bean just to give you an idea to charge. I charge about a buck a minute. Most collections can be summed up within 30 minutes. But some do take research and evaluation. When I take more than an hour I usually cut them a little break. And another thing I offer is I will make an offer on their collection...and if I buy it they dont pay me. Just some food for thought from my experience
thanks for the great advice Smile

great idea pbean! you are very sharp,know the cards and have a love of vintage.
why not?
i think you will do well my friend...just need to get your name out there and some face time
Smile
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

Why do Canadians add unneeded "U's" to words Lol!
Insert Banner.

Good Idea Mr Bean
[Image: 4E727BD9-orig.jpg]

Tyson Jackson
Total Cards - 469/638 - 74 %
Autos - 164/249 - 66 %
Mems - 221/280 - 79 %
RC - 38/38 - 100 %
1/1s - 21
Total Tyson Jackson Cards Including Dupes 641

Sounds like a good plan to me as long as your straightforward with people.

Guy brings you 2000 base cards of Joey Harrington, dont waste your time or his money if you follow me.