`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Been waiting on this Michael Jordan MAIL DAY....a little UPSET! PLEASE BEWARE!!

RE: Been waiting on this Michael Jordan MAIL DAY....a little UPSET! PLEASE BEWARE!!
Mickey7Mantle7 I happen to collect both Jordan and Mantle too that's pretty funny. From my experience buying Jordan's on Ebay for 10+ years you just simply can not expect the ungraded cards condition to be better than NM-MT, I typically bid assuming the card will be NM. It sounds like some of the cards you received may have been worse than that and I can understand complaining a bit. But like the Warp Speed and the Scoring Kings, there are very very few BGS graded 9 and above which is what it sounds like you're expecting. I'm sorry but it's not going to happen, of the 1000s of ungraded Jordans I've purchased off Ebay I'd bet less than 50 would grade BGS 9.5. I just want you to be realistic in your collecting on Ebay no matter what the seller says.

Also, some tips.
-If the seller does not state "item pictured is item received" you need to ask if it's the same card. It's definitely not illegal to use a stock picture.
-If you only want mint condition cards, you need to ask for some large scans front and back.
-Be very careful of sellers who do not show the entire card with their scan, there is a reason why.
-Always look to see if a seller describes how they will ship it to you (i.e. w/top loader, cardboard, bubble mailer, etc.)
-Lastly if you're buying ungraded cards on Ebay your thought process should be more of "I just want to cross this card off my want list" not "I want to buy this card and then send it in to be graded a BGS 9.5".

Hope this helps you in future purchases. By the way, I buy/sell on Ebay under the same username I'm sure we've run across each other on some items. Funny to "meet" someone else buying the same cards.
 photo mjheader.jpg

RE: Been waiting on this Michael Jordan MAIL DAY....a little UPSET! PLEASE BEWARE!!
Been through this situation before and its simple..notify ebay open up a case and follow the steps
You will have to send the cards back with tracking, when the seller recieves the cards he has 3 days to refund the money..thats it..if he doesnt refund the money ebay will handle it, im pretty sure you wont get screwed over
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

Threatening the seller with negative feedback if you don't get your way is called extortion period. Ebay always sides with the other member if feedback extortion is used and will ALWAYS remove negative feedbacks when extortion is used.
Thumbs Up 
(03-25-2012, 08:26 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: Threatening the seller with negative feedback if you don't get your way is called extortion period. Ebay always sides with the other member if feedback extortion is used and will ALWAYS remove negative feedbacks when extortion is used.
I highly agree.

I may not have 'Bay expertise but it is what it is.

My list grows bigger and thanks to one more addition to it.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-25-2012, 01:38 PM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: He left me feedback because of my prompt payment. I have not left him any feedback yet. So, I told him to refund or ill contact eBay and give him 6 negatives...thats just the way I feel on how I should do it since I did get screwed somewhat.
You have every right to leave negative feedback for a poor transaction. But what everyone said is right. Based on exactly what you said, that is feedback extortion. You very specifically stated that you told the guy to refund you or you'll leave him negative feedback. If he went to Ebay with that, you would lose your case immediately. And any feedback you left for him would be erased. You could possibly have your account suspended as well.

I love all of you Smile

The situation has been resolved.

If I am chasing a card for condition purposes.... I buy only graded when buying online. You can't tell anything from a pic and scans can be misleading as well.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

I wish sellers could leave buyers negative feedback still

(03-26-2012, 01:50 PM)Num1Monroefan Wrote: I wish sellers could leave buyers negative feedback still
I agree. What is that about? I was selling a few cards on ebay recently and a guy emailed me asking how much it was to ship to Taiwan. I told him and he ended up bidding and winning 6 cards for a total of $50 or so...can't remember exact amount. It stated in the auction payment was due in seven days. I sent him 2 invoices during that time and gave him 3 different warnings. I opened a case a week ago requesting to cancel and he still hasn't responded. Now, obviously, this is all his doing but HE has the power to control if I get negative feedback, I can't do anything but open a case against him. That's just not right. Sellers should have the right to know this guy doesn't pay. Also, he somehow has 100% FEEDBACK! WTF? I'm guessing he has kept that because he does this kind of crap to people and there is no recourse for the seller. It's bullsh*t.

Close the case as you can close it 4 days after it being opened