`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Which NASCAR Star will shine the brightest in Hollywood?

OT: Which NASCAR Star will shine the brightest in Hollywood?
400 miles on the 2 mile D Oval at Fontana this weekend.

Forecast: 30% chance of showers as a system moves in from the Pacific, with a high in the low 60s.

Here's what the past few years have looked like for race winners at Fontana:

Jimmie Johnson: 17 races, 5 wins, avg finish 5
Carl Edwards: 14 races, 1 win, avg finish 9
Matt Kenseth: 19 races, 3 wins, avg finish 10
Jeff Gordon: 22 races, 3 wins, avg finish 11

Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Mark Martin, Smoke, Kasey Kahne, Kevin Harvick and Greg Biffle have all won 1 race, and have avg finishes between 12 and 18.

Also an interesting note is that Clint Boyer, although he hasn't won a race in Fontana, has the 4th best avg finish of 10.64 in 11 starts.

As a Team, Richard Childress has led the pack the last 2 years with an average finish of 8.40 and having led 117 laps. Stewart-Haas has the second highest avg finish with 11.50 although having only led 46 laps. Hendrick has led 197 laps, Joe Gibbs 187 laps and the surprise on the list is that the Roush Fenway team has only led 29 laps with a pathetic avg finish of 19.42.

Who ya got boys? I think Carl will come in with a Top 10 finish, but I'll play the odds and pick a 1-2 finish with Harvick edging out Matt Kenseth, and Jimmie Johnson hitting the wall hard with a flat with 50 laps to go.

[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: OT: Which NASCAR Star will shine the brightest in Hollywood?
I can never count JJ out. I look for him to have another top 5-10 finish with Truex Jr. fighting off Kahne for the win...
I see Harvick and Carl taking each other out at some point during this one, with maybe a Busch or 2 Big Grin
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(03-23-2012, 01:33 PM)the great 48 Wrote: I see Harvick and Carl taking each other out at some point during this one, with maybe a Busch or 2 Big Grin
You. Are. Evil. >.<

(03-23-2012, 01:38 PM)ryancholden Wrote: You. Are. Evil. >.<
I never used to be. Think I got it from you Wink

(03-23-2012, 02:12 PM)the great 48 Wrote: I never used to be. Think I got it from you Wink
Excellent!!! As long as it is friendly evil. :-)
I've got a new Avatar coming just for you, 48. But for some reason it's not loading!

Stewart Haas 1. 2. Oh wait that was NH last year. lol Will save that prediction for July.

(03-23-2012, 02:43 PM)minitracer Wrote: Stewart Haas 1. 2. Oh wait that was NH last year. lol Will save that prediction for July.
I had that pred. last week and they fell off. I might start picking the guy(s) I want to lose. Seems like Im better at that, lol.

I dont think Ive ever wanted it to rain so bad in all my life, lol.

Stewart Haas 1. 7. Oh well not a bad start of the year. And 48 I was happy for JJ also.

I like what I saw out of Carl the last 25 laps or so....starting climbing spots. I think if they would have gone the full race he might have been in the top 3.