`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How would you rate your Local Hobby Shop?

How would you rate your Local Hobby Shop?
So I have been to pretty much all seven stores on Oahu, and I only like 1 but when I call to ask questions for things its like they dont want to give any info out. I understand they are trying to run a business, but you would think if you helped a person out then they would want to come back to you.

Anyways What do you guys think? What things could they do better to help out customers?

RE: How would you rate your Local Hobby Shop?
I love mine. They almost never have much basketball but just walking in, getting Hey! Dante! and talking with the owners about anything, makes it great. Sometimes, they will only have a few packs of a product I dont really like, but I buy them anyway. Busting packs in the store takes me back to when I was a kid. I cant get that sitting on my couch. I would love for them to have more basketball, but I cant complain. They get all the new stuff on release day but a case at a time usually. I cant blame them, its a business. Me and the three other basketball guys cant supply enough demand for them to get more. They do tell me if I ever want anything special ordered to tell them, which is nice to know that they at least care about me and the Hobby.
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-20-2012, 11:48 PM)quavis Wrote: I love mine. They almost never have much basketball but just walking in, getting Hey! Dante! and talking with the owners about anything, makes it great. Sometimes, they will only have a few packs of a product I dont really like, but I buy them anyway. Busting packs in the store takes me back to when I was a kid. I cant get that sitting on my couch. I would love for them to have more basketball, but I cant complain. They get all the new stuff on release day but a case at a time usually. I cant blame them, its a business. Me and the three other basketball guys cant supply enough demand for them to get more. They do tell me if I ever want anything special ordered to tell them, which is nice to know that they at least care about me and the Hobby.
Where/what is this shop? There is a "shop" in Greensboro...kinda. it's a nook inside a big batting cage center with only 1-2 basketball products at a time that are usually pretty marked up. I go in there to get supplies and that's it. I'd honestly be willing to drive to Charlotte at least a couple times a year for a great LCS (with the "L" admittedly a bit loosely defined).
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]

Its AAA Collectables in Matthews. Its about three minutes straight off 485. Im sure there is some Preferred sitting there since I havent gone by yet.
Its your old school type of shop. In an old brick building. You walk in, cases to your left, right, and at the end. All boxes on shelf behind counters. Memorbilia hanging on the wall. Flat screen above the door. Prety standard place. Thats why I like it!
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

I don't love my nearest local hobby store (in Serramonte). I kinda like the one in Tanforan but Lefty's in Burlingame is great. I need to explore all the hobby stores in SF. There's comics, action figures of sports athletes or heroes and villains, other collectibles etc.

+1 on all of the above cool mentions. Wink
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-21-2012, 12:36 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I don't love my nearest local hobby store (in Serramonte). I kinda like the one in Tanforan but Lefty's in Burlingame is great. I need to explore all the hobby stores in SF. There's comics, action figures of sports athletes or heroes and villains, other collectibles etc.

+1 on all of the above cool mentions. Wink
Hey I am going to visit family and stay in San Fran for 2 days, can you recommend any good spots I could stop by???
Sad 
(03-21-2012, 12:53 AM)gq1204 Wrote: Hey I am going to visit family and stay in San Fran for 2 days, can you recommend any good spots I could stop by???
Good spots of Hobby Shops: I haven't explored them, sorry man. Sad

Great shop with a great selection, prices are decent. The owner is always too busy to help as he is the only employee. He usually loses a pile of sales because he don't have time to help each customer and because he has so much great inventory but so little space to display it. I wish I had a dollar for everytime he said "I have it somewhere but I am not 100% sure where it is right now...I will find it and have it for you the next time you come in". I bety I have been waiting 6-8 months for him to find 2 or 3 cards that we both know he has. He just don't take the time to look for them. Easy cash, I guess he is making enough that this $200 don't matter. Its too bad as I have stopped emailing and going in because its just frustrating and yes I have told him that.
Collecting Vintage OPC and older oddball and food issues as well as Maple Leafs.

Enjoy the hobby at it's purest form, treat it as you did as a kid.

Depends on what I pull when I buy wax there..

Crapy cards..crappy shop

Great cards...great shop

Lol
Smile 
(03-21-2012, 09:04 AM)mickey7mantle7 Wrote: Depends on what I pull when I buy wax there..

Crapy cards..crappy shop

Great cards...great shop

Lol
Whoa! Lol(!!!)