`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here closely follow Ryan Tannehill in college?

Anyone here closely follow Ryan Tannehill in college?
Due to my Phins having the inability to land any significant football person whether its a player, coach, GM etc. we are now out of the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. I do not want Matt Flynn at all. There is a reason why he was drafted where he was and why he was a backup. I dont want to waste another 3 years on a QB that more than likely will never pan out. My only hope is for Peyton to sign with the Titans so they cut Hasslebeck and we sign him for a temporary fix.

OR

We draft Ryan Tannehill. The problem with him is I really dont know how good he is since I never really heard of him until a couple months ago and I never really watch Texas A&M games. Did anyone here closely watch Tannehill in college? Is he good? Is he great? Is he underrated? Is overrated? Will he be a bust? Fill me in please. Depending on what I hear I may snag a couple of his autos just in case he gets drafted by the Phins.

On a side note watch Matt Flynn become the next great QB and I end up looking stupid lol.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

RE: Anyone here closely follow Ryan Tannehill in college?
I'm a Texas Tech alum so I am a little biased against the Aggies lol, but he's ultimately not worth the 8th overall pick. He's a great athlete though, as evidenced by the fact that he was A & M's best WR in 08 and 09 before getting the QB job. His limited action at QB in college, about a season an a half, as well as the fact that A & M lost something like 6 games where they were leading by double digits in the second half (doesn't speak well for a QB that can't win those games) is a concern. He could be good, but I wouldn't like the fins to pick him in the first round. Second round I'd be fine with.
Collecting Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, Peyton Manning, Daniel Thomas.

[Image: ReggieBush.png]

For Trade

Thanks for the info. I did not know any of it lol. What do you prefer the Phins do at the QB position? Would it be a good idea or bad idea to pick up a few of his autos?
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

I followed...Reggie mcneal...followed by Stephen Mcgee followed by Ryan Tannell.
My wife went to Texas A&M. So I have seen Ryan play in person some games.

My Fav Team are the Packers. So I kept track of Matt.

If I had to pick between the two...
I would pick Ryan Tannehill....
Hes more mobile and went to a better school with a better system.
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP

......... yeah. ur gonna end up with matt flynn. at least he'll bring some superbowl knowledge to the phins.
[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(03-16-2012, 05:36 PM)favre3mvp Wrote: I followed...Reggie mcneal...followed by Stephen Mcgee followed by Ryan Tannell.
My wife went to Texas A&M. So I have seen Ryan play in person some games.

My Fav Team are the Packers. So I kept track of Matt.

If I had to pick between the two...
I would pick Ryan Tannehill....
Hes more mobile and went to a better school with a better system.
Are you really suggesting A&M is better than LSU!?!?
(03-16-2012, 05:29 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Thanks for the info. I did not know any of it lol. What do you prefer the Phins do at the QB position? Would it be a good idea or bad idea to pick up a few of his autos?
I'd say Matt Flynn. He already knows the offense and looked good in the 2 games he played. Question is how will he handle things being the number 1 everyday. Depends on the cost. It's never that bad of an idea to pick up RC autos of QB.
Collecting Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, Peyton Manning, Daniel Thomas.

[Image: ReggieBush.png]

For Trade

Thats another good point. If the Phins get Flynn they will have to pay him top 10 QB maybe higher money. Tannehill will get a nice paycheck as well but it may be as half as much Flynn will receive. I just dont think Flynn is good honestly and I would hate to give him all that money as well as 3 years and be in the same boat again. The Phins organization needs to do something rash and big time. Land Peyton, trade up for RG3, perhaps go after Brees since the Saints are being cheap, etc. Just do something no matter the cost. The phins always do the "high risk low cost" approach and its not working. Go out and give up $50-$60 million guaranteed to Peyton, give up 3 1st round draft picks for RG3, give up 5 1st round picks for Luck etc. Every year we draft some bunk player high in the draft and they never pan out.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(03-16-2012, 06:55 PM)bakerman8419 Wrote: .....I just dont think Flynn is good honestly .....
He's a Packer for cryin out loud!! Of course he's good!! Just because he's a back up doest make him "suck." Drew Brees was a back up. Tom Brady was a back up. Aaron Rodgers was a back up. They all turned out to be pretty good.... and all superbowl champs I might add. It almost seems like your more agaisnt the money that Flynn would get rather than Flynn himself. I think Flynn would be a good viable option for the phins. Peyton & RG3 are both pretty much wishful thinking at this point. Whether they get Flynn, Tannehill or someone else, I think they have other concerns just a big. I mean what goods a qb if he doesnt have anyone to throw the ball too or hand off to? Jus my thoughts.

[Image: banner.jpg]
Collecting everything BRETT FAVRE
Packers HOF Autos
**LF/WTB: Packers '97, '98 & '99 Precious Metal Gems & Flair Legacy Collection Parallels!!**

(03-16-2012, 07:11 PM)lambeau legend4 Wrote: He's a Packer for cryin out loud!! Of course he's good!! Just because he's a back up doest make him "suck." Drew Brees was a back up. Tom Brady was a back up. Aaron Rodgers was a back up. They all turned out to be pretty good.... and all superbowl champs I might add. It almost seems like your more agaisnt the money that Flynn would get rather than Flynn himself. I think Flynn would be a good viable option for the phins. Peyton & RG3 are both pretty much wishful thinking at this point. Whether they get Flynn, Tannehill or someone else, I think they have other concerns just a big. I mean what goods a qb if he doesnt have anyone to throw the ball too or hand off to? Jus my thoughts.
Its got nothing to do with him being a Packer or not. It has to do with him coming from a college that has the best recruits every year which help mask average QB play. He has been a backup for 4 years at this point and had one really good game and now he is the talk of the town. I dont think Brees was ever a back up. Tom Brady was a miracle that will never happen again. Aaron Rodgers was a 1st round pick and alot of people thought the 49ers shouldve taken him #1 overall in 2005. He had all the potential in the world. Backups do make it in the league but seriously when you have sucked as much as the Phins have the past 10 years I dont want a guy who benifitted playing on LSU, who sat on the bench for 4 years, who was drafted in the 7th round of the draft, who then I have to pay 30-40 million guaranteed dollars to, etc. At that point I would much rather keep Matt Moore as starter and let it ride. No matter who the Phins get to play QB I would be shocked if we went 6-10 this year. My team sucks and I have no problem admitting it.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(03-16-2012, 06:35 PM)JeffreyAndrew Wrote: Are you really suggesting A&M is better than LSU!?!?
I would say yes, but LSU has more speed.

When people say LSU blah blah blah...

I think Jemarcus Russel Smile
[Image: newbanner_zps2f5eedb8.jpg]
Collect: Aaron Rodgers, Mike Evans, & Felix Hernandez,
"2 rules for success. #1 Dont tell them everything you know."
http://photobucket.com/4TRADEFAVRE3MVP