`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Heat finally perform in the clutch

RE: The Heat finally perform in the clutch
(03-12-2012, 10:16 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Another thing is you said lebron is a superstar right which he is but at the same hes one of the most hated players..how does that work?? So i dont really get where your going with your perception of a superstar
The fan base vs hate base isn't simple math to where one can cancel the other out. Some people hate someone because of the college they went to. All Duke fans could hate Michael Jordan, but there are so many other people that like him it seems insignificant. Most of Cleveland and part of New York hate LeBron James, but most of the rest of the world love him.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards
Smile 
(03-12-2012, 10:32 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: The fan base vs hate base isn't simple math to where one can cancel the other out. Some people hate someone because of the college they went to. All Duke fans could hate Michael Jordan, but there are so many other people that like him it seems insignificant. Most of Cleveland and part of New York hate LeBron James, but most of the rest of the world love him.
I came from the Southeast Asia and I know a lot of my fellow country men dislikes and/or hates LeBron James. For example, my nephew hates him and his mother (my sister) dislikes him. My relatives are torn in between in liking and disliking him. My barkadas (peers) mostly dislikes him and only a few actually like him. Just saying and just wanted to share. No need to debate and/or argue about it. Thanks guys.
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-12-2012, 10:32 AM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: The fan base vs hate base isn't simple math to where one can cancel the other out. Some people hate someone because of the college they went to. All Duke fans could hate Michael Jordan, but there are so many other people that like him it seems insignificant. Most of Cleveland and part of New York hate LeBron James, but most of the rest of the world love him.
Im trying to understand the point you tried to make here.. heres an example at one time vince carter played at a really high level dunk champ allstar olympian etc he was a superstar right?? What is he now? If lebron started to average 10pts a game he wouldnt be a superstar anymore..my point comes down to this you need to play at an extremely high level to be a superstar not just have 2 billion fans..deron williams is a superstar. Smile
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 10:58 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Im trying to understand the point you tried to make here.. heres an example at one time vince carter played at a really high level dunk champ allstar olympian etc he was a superstar right?? What is he now? If lebron started to average 10pts a game he wouldnt be a superstar anymore..my point comes down to this you need to play at an extremely high level to be a superstar not just have 2 billion fans..deron williams is a superstar. Smile
I didn't say it was just the fan base, but that fan base is taken into consideration for superstar status. I don't remember my exact words (and yes I'm too lazy/busy to look them up), but it was the fan base along with help making a team win. Yes, every role player helps make a team win (and no I'm not calling Deron a role player), but a person that pushes them over the top (in Kobe's voice: "You're Welcome.", lol). They have to be that kind of player AND have the fan base to back up Superstar status. There are people in other countries that average 20 PPG (I'm guessing honestly) and they have a huge fan base in their country of play and would be considered superstars. But those who don't have a big fan base, aren't considered superstars, just stars. Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Stephon Marbury all USED to be superstars, but aren't superstars any longer.
I don't believe that if someone ever was a superstar that it means they will always be a superstar. Fan Base + Skill + Win = Superstar. Deron Williams --> Fan Base (low) + Skill (high) + Win (low) = Star. LeBron James/Kobe Bryant/Dwight Howard --> Fan Base (high) + Skill (high) + Win (high/moderate) = Superstar.

Lol seems like your agreeing with me..im done debating bud!! Anyway on a brighter note join my contest lol
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 11:32 AM)robd5811 Wrote: Lol seems like your agreeing with me..im done debating bud!! Anyway on a brighter note join my contest lol
Nope, no argument, just friendly debate. Smile

This was the calmest debate ever! Good job guys. Cool that we can do that here without MODs shutting it down. Now back to it. Lol. First, I have my favorite Bobcats, but would never considder them superstars. Second, Lemar Odem, USA teammember, superstar? Im not sure if he was a fil-in, but I think he was on twice. Just going from memory casue I dont want to look it up. Third, i like the formula X had made with skill, fans, and wins. That kind sums everything up. And last, everyone has their favorites, and sometimes people will see things in people others dont. I dont see Deron as a superstar. I was kind of baffeled when I saw all the media talking about his trade last year like it was going to change the game or something. It seemed more like a bandaide fix for the NETS than a real help for them. But I'm sure there are people who disagree with who I consider supertar status. Michael Jackson was a superstar, Michael Buble' is a star. Deron Williams is more of a Buble'. I just don't think "superstar" should be just thrown around so easily. When that happens, then will have to start calling people Megastars and so on. Keep it dowm to the few who deserve it. Like Bobby Hurley. jk
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 12:14 PM)quavis Wrote: This was the calmest debate ever! Good job guys. Cool that we can do that here without MODs shutting it down. Now back to it. Lol. First, I have my favorite Bobcats, but would never considder them superstars. Second, Lemar Odem, USA teammember, superstar? Im not sure if he was a fil-in, but I think he was on twice. Just going from memory casue I dont want to look it up. Third, i like the formula X had made with skill, fans, and wins. That kind sums everything up. And last, everyone has their favorites, and sometimes people will see things in people others dont. I dont see Deron as a superstar. I was kind of baffeled when I saw all the media talking about his trade last year like it was going to change the game or something. It seemed more like a bandaide fix for the NETS than a real help for them. But I'm sure there are people who disagree with who I consider supertar status. Michael Jackson was a superstar, Michael Buble' is a star. Deron Williams is more of a Buble'. I just don't think "superstar" should be just thrown around so easily. When that happens, then will have to start calling people Megastars and so on. Keep it dowm to the few who deserve it. Like Bobby Hurley. jk
Dude, Bobby Hurley was no superstar...........................Stacey King and Bob Sura were though. Smile

What ever happened to Bobby Hurley? Is he in a front office somewhere or selling used cars?
[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(03-12-2012, 12:31 PM)quavis Wrote: What ever happened to Bobby Hurley? Is he in a front office somewhere or selling used cars?
Not a clue. Smile Wikipedia it.