`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?

RE: I Am Ice Cold Right Now ... Anyone Else Have This Problem?
(03-07-2012, 05:41 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I believe when someone says blasters they mean Topps blasters or Panini blasters. Same with racks. Topps rack packs and Panini rack packs. Excel is not a card manufacturer and their boxes are called by collectors as mixed boxes, random boxes and/or assorted boxes. Value boxes? We have Topps value boxes and may be some Excel value boxes (not sure though).

No, obviously I'm not explaining this very well.

I know the Excel you're talking about, but this doesn't have anything to do with that.

It's just a method of distribution, not an actual card company.

It's just a large brown box (like one you would use when moving), and they put all kinds of different blasters/racks/retail boxes for single packs in there of all the various companies ... Topps, Panini, Upper Deck, etc.

They're just what the cards are delivered in. They come in every couple of weeks and have a long, yellow strip of packing tape that says Excel on it to keep them sealed until the Target employees open them and place the various packs and boxes on the shelves.

Sometimes when I notice the big brown boxes are sitting next to the card section I know that there's new product in there, and as a courtesy they will usually let me grab a couple of blasters, racks, etc. straight out of the brown box.

That's how I got my 2007 Topps Jeter-Mantle-Bush error out of a blaster, because it was one of the first ones on the market before they corrected the error.

Plus, pack searches haven't had a chance to finger and gouge all the rack packs yet looking for hits.
Lightbulb 
(03-07-2012, 07:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: No, obviously I'm not explaining this very well.

I know the Excel you're talking about, but this doesn't have anything to do with that.

It's just a method of distribution, not an actual card company.

It's just a large brown box (like one you would use when moving), and they put all kinds of different blasters/racks/retail boxes for single packs in there of all the various companies ... Topps, Panini, Upper Deck, etc.

They're just what the cards are delivered in. They come in every couple of weeks and have a long, yellow strip of packing tape that says Excel on it to keep them sealed until the Target employees open them and place the various packs and boxes on the shelves.

Sometimes when I notice the big brown boxes are sitting next to the card section I know that there's new product in there, and as a courtesy they will usually let me grab a couple of blasters, racks, etc. straight out of the brown box.

That's how I got my 2007 Topps Jeter-Mantle-Bush error out of a blaster, because it was one of the first ones on the market before they corrected the error.

Plus, pack searches haven't had a chance to finger and gouge all the rack packs yet looking for hits.
I think that I understand you now. You mean you get the first chance to pick your purchase from the boxes that are delivered to Target which are containing the products for sale in the Trading Cards Section. Oh yeah that totally eliminate the chance of any purchase you make to be searched in any way. Thanks for further explaining it to me. Smile
[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(03-07-2012, 07:45 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: I think that I understand you now. You mean you get the first chance to pick your purchase from the boxes that are delivered to Target which are containing the products for sale in the Trading Cards Section. Oh yeah that totally eliminate the chance of any purchase you make to be searched in any way. Thanks for further explaining it to me. Smile

Exactly. You're all over it. Sorry I couldn't spit it out better before.

Yeah, I pretty much love the 'brown boxes' because I know it's usually new product.

The next brown box at Target should have NBA Hoops!
Smile 
(03-08-2012, 07:37 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Exactly. You're all over it. Sorry I couldn't spit it out better before.

Yeah, I pretty much love the 'brown boxes' because I know it's usually new product.

The next brown box at Target should have NBA Hoops!
That will be the Retail Hoops. Just a heads up and good luck on the break.

(03-08-2012, 09:34 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: That will be the Retail Hoops. Just a heads up and good luck on the break.
Yes, of course. I would not expect Target to carry a hobby brand.
Smile 
(03-08-2012, 11:02 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Yes, of course. I would not expect Target to carry a hobby brand.
Smile Heheheh.
Anyways, you're welcome.

(03-08-2012, 11:06 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Smile Heheheh.
Anyways, you're welcome.
Welcome for ???? ... the good luck on the break? Yes, thanks.
Smile 
(03-08-2012, 11:08 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: Welcome for ???? ... the good luck on the break? Yes, thanks.
Smile ok ok just kidding
heheheh

(03-08-2012, 11:10 PM)filamuraireborn Wrote: Smile ok ok just kidding
heheheh
I need all the luck I can get with the breaks I've been having lately.
Smile 
(03-08-2012, 11:14 PM)rjcj2017 Wrote: I need all the luck I can get with the breaks I've been having lately.
i'm not lady luck Sad
but i wish you the best luck for the breaks Smile