Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not even close to the pats!

RE: Not even close to the pats!
I hope I ain't doing it again...

But if you guys are talking about my post.
I meant.

Cheating and bounty's are like Apples and Oranges.

(03-03-2012, 10:10 AM)the great 48 Wrote: This is a no brainer.
Hurting a human being on purpose vs filming someone with a camera
+1000000
(03-03-2012, 09:46 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: I was also told as a kid by my parents to go play in traffic or something. I did not take them literally.
You should have listened to them.Smile
NY Giants and HOF/legend/superstar collector.
[Image: GiantsFade.png]

(03-03-2012, 04:00 PM)bselje Wrote: You should have listened to them.Smile
Coming from some POS on a board.
That's funny.

You don't know me and I don't know you. And frankly I don't care what YOU think. Big man on the internet. Mommy and Daddy should watch you more closely.

(03-03-2012, 07:46 AM)bselje Wrote: Are you guys serious? We're talking about intentionally injuring another player - potentially ending careers. this is 100 times worse than spygate.
I thought it was classless when the Saints ran up the score this year, just to get Brees passing record at home (which he would have gotten easily the next week anyway) but this? Inexcusable. The league is going to bring the hammer down HARD, as they should.
If that's the case, then the Redskins should also be fined, because the same bounty was being implimented there as well by the then defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. wasn't it the Redskins who injured Manning to the point that he had to have neck surgery?

Gregg Williams is a cancer to the NFL. He needs to go. We Saints fans were glad he left and felt bad that the Rams were getting stuck with him, but I have a feeling that he and Jeff Fisher are two peas in a pod.
(03-03-2012, 09:07 AM)all day baby Wrote: I seem to recall Favre ending up with massive bruises on his legs after their loss to the Saints, as the Saints marched to the Super Bowl that season. Bounties against fellow players are the absolute worst. "Spygate" could have been prevented by changing your scheme during the game. You can't change the loss of a player on the field. Paying extra for having someone injured so badly so they need to be carted off the field is outright disgusting. Now we know why the Saints were featured so many times on "Jacked Up" on hte mothership.

Payton and Williams should be suspended for a long time... maybe even more than suspension for Williams. Sucks for the Rams, but the behavior needs to stop, not just go further underground.
This is all Gregg William's doing. He did the same thing in Washington. As I previously stated, when I heard he was going there, I felt bad for the Rams, they had no idea what they were getting
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdo...34407.html
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

Both situations were bad, but it's def not worse. The Saints were trying to injure a player, which is something that could naturally occur in the game anyways. The Pats were just straight up CHEATING! Not the same.

And as far as running up the score, the point everyone seems to miss is that when the season is over, the "Points For" statistic can be used as a tiebreaker in certain situations. It's in the team's best interest to be in a position to win the potential tiebreak scenario.
Collecting Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, Peyton Manning, Daniel Thomas.

[Image: ReggieBush.png]

For Trade

just curious was it ok for butkus to body slam people to the ground? was it ok for deacon jones to headslap people giving out concussions left and right was it ok for rodney harrison the cheap shot master to do what he did his whole career.... ? bottom line is football has always been go out and hurt someone... now because theres money involved its a bad thing? they get paid to Hit And Hurt someone EVERY PLAY ... if they play cheap and Try to hurt the other team then the other team should step up and slap em down if the refs don't want to do anything about it... and yes its very different than filming ... You can do something about cheap shots on the field ...cant do anything between the lines about filming!

PC - Dolphins, Daniel Thomas, Parker, Ajayi, Jordan, Landry & Phins 1/1's

I think spygate is worse for the game itself but bounties are worse in society terms.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

Spygate was not that bad, lol. They were filming something that everyone in the entire stadium could see. I could bring my camera phone to the game and get the same information the Patriots and almost every other team got from filming the other teams sidelines. Paying players to injure opponents is a much more severe crime and it will be reflected by their punishment.
My Main PC Objectives

1) Redskins Base RC Autos (Non Letters) - 164/281
2) Redskins Base RC Autos (Letters) - 13/76
3) RG3 Base RCs - 24/33
4) Devin Thomas
5) Joe Theismann Autos (skins only) - 16

let's ask Kurt warner which one he thinks is worse

That NFC Championship game in 09' was pretty awesome thoughBig Grin They gave Favre a beating and I didnt see any cheap shots or chops. I had this feeling during that game that this is the way it should beSmile