`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Upper Deck almost done?

Is Upper Deck almost done?
Read today that Upper Deck is being sued by MLB for unpaid installment payment from their lawsuit settlement from 2010.

So is Upper Deck done-- or pretty close to it?

No hockey from them has come out for 2 months and they keep delaying everything.

If they lose another suite and and end up owing MLB even more money, I think they are done.

RE: Is Upper Deck almost done?
I hope not....a hockey collecting world of only Panini would fully solidify my stance of only buying singles.

(03-01-2012, 07:12 PM)slufan83 Wrote: I hope not....a hockey collecting world of only Panini would fully solidify my stance of only buying singles.
I can almost agree with this, as Upper Deck is overall the superior company. Panini has the better looking cards in my opinion. If it does happen, expect Topps to land an NHL contract again... maybe! Haha! Thanks for the heads-up.

Randi

I miss Pacific.
I collect Dany Heatley, Nicklas Backstrom, all Red Wings and most Yankees.

Try calling customer support and all you get is we are busy sending out redemptions; funny I've been waiting since Feb 2nd for a card that is in house!
[Image: ducksbann.png]

Collecting
2010-11 SP Authentic Future Watch Autos 30/62 = 48.38%
Cam Fowler Count: 32

Photobucket Link
http://photobucket.com/DucksFan87

(03-01-2012, 07:54 PM)gmccarth Wrote: I miss Pacific.
That has been my sentiment since 2005-06.

Viva la Pacific...and ITG (I still love them)!

Perhaps ITG would get the license??? Can you imagine if they put out products like they do now WITH the NHL license.......man we could only dream.....
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants

i emailed UD a week or so ago and received an email back 2 days later (I tried to get replacements for Artifacts RCs...and no they wouldnt do it)

Still waiting a reply from another email i sent 2 months ago though...been too busy to call them
Wanted:

Sidney Crosby, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

(03-01-2012, 08:56 PM)roussy35 Wrote: Perhaps ITG would get the license??? Can you imagine if they put out products like they do now WITH the NHL license.......man we could only dream.....
Will never happen b/c they do not have the ready cash for an NHL license plus some things they have said in regards to an NHL license have just made NHL mad.
(03-01-2012, 09:26 PM)arock99 Wrote: i emailed UD a week or so ago and received an email back 2 days later (I tried to get replacements for Artifacts RCs...and no they wouldnt do it)

Still waiting a reply from another email i sent 2 months ago though...been too busy to call them
They will not replace RC redemptions that are not Auto's

(03-01-2012, 09:35 PM)hckydv7 Wrote: Will never happen b/c they do not have the ready cash for an NHL license plus some things they have said in regards to an NHL license have just made NHL mad.

They will not replace RC redemptions that are not Auto's
Yeah I heard about the cash flow thing. That came up a couple years ago but I didn't know anything about comments made. Do tell....Big Grin
Collecting
1. Mike Richter - 475/1641 28%
2. Eric Selleck - 21/30 70% (Incl. 1 Select Cracked Ice Not Listed)
3. Jeff Hoggan - 6/106 6%(Incl. 1 German Printing Plate Not Listed)
4. Guy Fieri - 9/19 47%
5. Sets - Listed in my organize, PC/Set Wants