Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
WHAT IS WITH HOT PACKS
Rainbow 
WHAT IS WITH HOT PACKS
IVE BEEN OUT OF THE HOBBY FOR A FEW YEARS AND FROM LOOKING ON EBAY AND BROWSING I NOTICED THERE IS SO MANY PEOPLE SELLING HOTPACKS WITH GUARANTEED JERSEY, AUTO, SERIAL NUMBER AUTO IN THEM. I DO NOT GET HOW THIS IS DONE. IM JUST CURIOUS HOW THIS WORKS IF THESE PEOPLE ARE OPENING PACKS AND JUST THROWING A COMMON AUTO AND SEALING THEM BACK UP. I THOUGHT PEOPLE USING THE SCALES AND WEIGHING PACKS WAS DONE AWAY WITH SINCE THEY ADD THE PLAIN WHITE CARDBOARD WEDGES IN PACKS NOW. I JUST I NOTICED ON DACARDWORLD THEY ALSO HAVE ALOT OF CLEARANCE ITEMS SELLING 24 LOOSE PACKS INSTEAD OF A SEALED BOX AND WAS WONDERING IF THIS HAS TO DO WITH PACK SEARCHING AS WELL. IS IT EVEN SAFE TO BUY PACKS ANYMORE? I CERTAINLY HOPE MY LOCAL SHOP ISNT DOING THIS, IN ALL THE MONEY I SPENT ON PACKS BACK IN 07 I ONLY GOT 2-3 HITS WHICH WERE ALL COMMON G-USED. NOW I AM STARTING TO WONDER? ALSO PLEASE POST ANY WAX SELLERS YOU WOULD FEEL CONFIDENT TO BUY FROM. I WANT TO MAKE SURE IM NOT THROWING MY MONEY AWAY.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.
Set needs- 2007 bowman chrome and draft refractors -69% complete
Over 500 trades on beckett since joining in 1999
[Image: FG4Hq.png]

RE: WHAT IS WITH HOT PACKS
DCS Sportscards has always done me good, and free shipping on orders over $100. Have had some huge pulls from them in the past.
Eddie George Super Collector

you should get your caps lock button fixed. most lcs are reliable. stay away form loose retail packs.

Just buy full boxes.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

They are pack searchers. They feel for the good cards then buy just those packs and resell them. It's a dirty game
[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

ya usually retail loose packs are always searched, you are way better off waving to get hobby boxes

WHAT ABOUT RETAIL SEALED BOXES...DACARDWORLD HAD SOME OLD TOPPS I AM INTERESTED IN TO COMPLETE SETS, INSERT SETS.
I am the resident super collector of David Wright. I also collect Jose Reyes, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre, Antoine Walker and Rookies.

(02-22-2012, 04:53 PM)rybowski97 Wrote: WHAT ABOUT RETAIL SEALED BOXES...DACARDWORLD HAD SOME OLD TOPPS I AM INTERESTED IN TO COMPLETE SETS, INSERT SETS.
Stop yelling, please.
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

If you are jut building sets buy whatever. If you are looking for hits buy sealed hobby boxes, blowoutcards.com has some good deals. Hot packs are just that, hot packs with g-used, auto whatever. They may have been searched or they may have been from someone that opened a box and in the last or second to last pack they still didn't get the hit and sold this. I've seen this done before.

I never believed the hit pack hype until my friend bought 3 packs from eBay. All 3 were hobby and he hit a g-used Hamilton jersey, a Hamilton/young #/25 dual jersey and a cashner auto. All were 2011 topps series 2

They are losers who go into the retail stores and find the good cards from a number of different ways. They have an entire webiste dedicated to how to do it, and brag about there hits. Most shops do not do this ! Dave and Adan's sells loose packs because they give away packs and have a retail store. Pack searchers are grown men who steal all the retail hits from kids who don't have the money to buy hobby boxes. The ruin the cards in retail with their mushing and mashing, and no even blaster boxes are not safe they know how to find them there as well. If you go to a store and the packs are a big mess and all over the place don't buy cards there, simple as that.
Oh yeah by the way the hot packs you see for sell online, they already know who is them, they are all cheap hits they keep the good ones so don't waste your money !

dude it is a message board. please dont be petty its not hurting anyone. go away

(02-22-2012, 04:55 PM)Krangry Wrote: Stop yelling, please.