`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question on eBay Stars to Leave

Question on eBay Stars to Leave
Bought a card on eBay on 2/5. Contacted seller yesterday because I had not received it yet. Originally told it showed as delivered... which was odd, since when I looked, it showed as in Baton Rouge, LA (it shipped from Ohio, and I'm in Oklahoma). He looked again, and agreed with me, then refunded my shipping fee. It showed up today.

Positive feedback, since the card is in perfect shape, but what kind of stars should I give? According to the DC# online, it didn't get to the sorting facility until 2/13. Then the USPS gave it a free trip to Louisiana before delivering it today.

So... how many stars on shipping speed?
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

RE: Question on eBay Stars to Leave
I got a package just the other day. Had been tracking for 6 days. It showed it had been received at sorting facility on a certain date and was still there when the package arrived at my door.

Come to find out, it had been mailed 4 days before it showed as arriving at sorting facility.

In other words, I'm not sure what to tell you. But USPS isn't always perfect nor correct.

(02-18-2012, 11:12 PM)all day baby Wrote: Bought a card on eBay on 2/5. Contacted seller yesterday because I had not received it yet. Originally told it showed as delivered... which was odd, since when I looked, it showed as in Baton Rouge, LA (it shipped from Ohio, and I'm in Oklahoma). He looked again, and agreed with me, then refunded my shipping fee. It showed up today.

Positive feedback, since the card is in perfect shape, but what kind of stars should I give? According to the DC# online, it didn't get to the sorting facility until 2/13. Then the USPS gave it a free trip to Louisiana before delivering it today.

(02-18-2012, 11:15 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: I got a package just the other day. Had been tracking for 6 days. It showed it had been received at sorting facility on a certain date and was still there when the package arrived at my door.

Come to find out, it had been mailed 4 days before it showed as arriving at sorting facility.

In other words, I'm not sure what to tell you. But USPS isn't always perfect nor correct.
Yeah, they're def not perfect. I paid for a package that left Maryland and according to the DC was routed to Hawaii before being sent to me in Houston. Def not perfect. Lol.
Collecting Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, Peyton Manning, Daniel Thomas.

[Image: ReggieBush.png]

For Trade

I think all you can really ask for is how fast they put it in the mail. Once the postal system has control of it, the seller can't help what happens to it next.

What does the auction state that it will be shipped in XXX amount of Business Days? That's the determining factor.
My Bucket
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af12...nding1973/
[Image: nameplate.jpg]

If I am interested in trading I will send a trade or reply to your post.

its not the sellers fault for crappy postal service
Looking for Magic the Gathering - Battle for Zendikar - FOILS only !!!
if your willing to trade send me a mesage of what u have that i need ..
also have some sports cards as well i can offer in return if need be ..

That's pretty much how I felt... just needed some confirmation. Thanks, y'all!
[Image: sds_zpsc4ba5032.jpg]

You are already missed

Agree. Sounds as if the P.Os is to blame.
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(02-19-2012, 12:21 AM)branesergen Wrote: Agree. Sounds as if the P.Os is to blame.
totally...sounds like he did all the right stuff and the PO got em'..lol.
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

(02-18-2012, 11:12 PM)all day baby Wrote: Bought a card on eBay on 2/5. Contacted seller yesterday because I had not received it yet. Originally told it showed as delivered... which was odd, since when I looked, it showed as in Baton Rouge, LA (it shipped from Ohio, and I'm in Oklahoma). He looked again, and agreed with me, then refunded my shipping fee. It showed up today.

It looks like the Post Office gave it a scenic tour before it arrived with you, the seller may have been slow it getting it to the Post Office, it lloks like 8 days elapsed.
It frustrates me when sellers do that, tell you it's on its way, but the tracking shows 4-5 days later it was received.
I would still give 5 stars, the card was in perfect shape, better to be a few days late and perfect than arrive in two days in a PWE unprotected(I've had that!!).

I live in L.A., last year a seller in L.A. said it was delivered, a week later no card, I asked for tracking number, no tracking number. I asked for confirmation from his post office receipt that it had been mailed. He said 'he'd look for it, wait 2-3 more days, it would be fine'. One week later, I contact him again, no card (it was a Mark Sanchez $100 RC I got for $60). He said he'd look again for the post office receipt. 3 days later no answer so I contact again, he tells me his wife mailed it for him from a different area of L.A. (he'd moved to the mountains outside of L.A.) He then asks his wife for the receipt and she says 'I don't have it' He asks what happenend to the packages she mailed for him a few weeks before. She allegedly replied 'These in my bag!!!!'.
I decided to accept all of this, emailed him daily for status, he gave me a tracking number, 3 days later, I had the card.

I decided to give him 5 stars, I already know he's disorganized, he does not take care of his own shipping, he's probably had other issues with other buyers I'm sure, I was glad to be able to get my own situation resolved.
We all take a risk buying sight unseen for other people online, I'm happy 99+% of the time it's fairly prompt, and packaged well enough I have no complaints.