`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW..new traders need to learn how this thing works

WOW..new traders need to learn how this thing works
So I sent an offer to a brand new trader, and he counter with what he wanted from me, and we both agreed to the trade. Even though he had his cards listed as MINT and i had mine listed the correct way NrMt (I later changed my cards to MINT, just so they match up) So the trade is accepted everything went well and all is good right? Well then I tell him.

"hey since your a new member, I would have to ask that you send first and I'll send mine once I get yours" Seeing how the guy has ZERO trades, i dont think its unreasonable. What happens, the guy totally flips out about it. I mean really, its a trade over $100 BV and he is mad that I want him to send first. He tells me how he's been in the business for 25 years, and he doesn't want to send first and wait for me to send, in case he gets screwed over. He says I should of said something before i accepted the trade, maybe i should have but come on, if your really been doing this for 25 yrs, you think you would have known this. IDK what his issue is when i have over 60 trades with 5 stars on everyone single one, not one issue on any of my trades.

I even point out how on the top of every trade page is this BIG BOLD thread about "TRADERS AND SELLERS READ HERE FIRST !! READ READ READ READ". And what does it say in there:

4. As a new trader, don't be offended or surprised if some of the experienced traders ask you to send first. This is how you will build your Beckett feedback 'credentials'

According to him, I'm acting "unprofessional" lol. Anyhow, he says he is going to send his card and DC#, but WOW so much trouble to go thru, will NEVER trade with him again, once this trade is done. If you want to know his name so you know who to look out for, PM me and I'll let you know.

RE: WOW..new traders need to learn how this thing works
WOW! I am a new trader on here and have no issues with sending first, I just ask to please send with Delivery confirmation, like I do. Because I want to take all steps to make sure the trade is completed successfully and no one gets screwed.
Eddie George Super Collector

He should send with DC anyway!

I had to send first, didn't really like it, but I understood.

I just don't understand when people flip on someone over a card or deal that doesn't get done.
(02-14-2012, 04:58 PM)ZeroDave Wrote: WOW! I am a new trader on here and have no issues with sending first, I just ask to please send with Delivery confirmation, like I do. Because I want to take all steps to make sure the trade is completed successfully and no one gets screwed.
I think that may be called maturity, lol.
Resident Joique Bell Hoarder!

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/monsterx

Please PM me his name. Thanks!
Banner courtesy of Blaynero
[Image: titans.jpg]
Wants Houston Oilers, Titans, Steelers, & Nolan Ryan as well as 1960, 1971 & 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates. Looking for 2013 National Treasures NFL Shield Football Signatures #16 Justin Hunter /2

Yea I know, I'm sure I'll get the cards from him and I'll send mine and as far as the "trade" part is concerned it will be good. But man, a pain to deal with. I send with DC is deal is $30 or move BV, else I don't really care. I always send in bubble mailer unless we both agree trade is so low that we can just send in PWE.

Why do some members on here act like children? And no, I'm not talking about the new trader talked about in this post. You said he was a new trader, so apparently he doesn't know how things usually go on this site. So after you get everything straightened out you're going to put him on blast in a thread and offer his name up to other members so that he will have a harder time making trades? Is that seriously how people on here work? You're getting your card first like you wanted, quit crying about it and realize that the trade is working out how you wanted it. It shouldn't matter that there was a little problem deciding who would send first. Grow up man.

I think all not agreeing to send first says is that you have intentions of beating someone...its a red flag IMO. And if your not willing to send first as a brand new member then I wouldnt trade with you. With society today you have to earn your stripes.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(02-14-2012, 04:51 PM)fishtaco02 Wrote: So I sent an offer to a brand new trader, and he counter with what he wanted from me, and we both agreed to the trade. Even though he had his cards listed as MINT and i had mine listed the correct way NrMt (I later changed my cards to MINT, just so they match up) So the trade is accepted everything went well and all is good right? Well then I tell him.

"hey since your a new member, I would have to ask that you send first and I'll send mine once I get yours" Seeing how the guy has ZERO trades, i dont think its unreasonable. What happens, the guy totally flips out about it. I mean really, its a trade over $100 BV and he is mad that I want him to send first. He tells me how he's been in the business for 25 years, and he doesn't want to send first and wait for me to send, in case he gets screwed over. He says I should of said something before i accepted the trade, maybe i should have but come on, if your really been doing this for 25 yrs, you think you would have known this. IDK what his issue is when i have over 60 trades with 5 stars on everyone single one, not one issue on any of my trades.

I even point out how on the top of every trade page is this BIG BOLD thread about "TRADERS AND SELLERS READ HERE FIRST !! READ READ READ READ". And what does it say in there:

4. As a new trader, don't be offended or surprised if some of the experienced traders ask you to send first. This is how you will build your Beckett feedback 'credentials'

According to him, I'm acting "unprofessional" lol. Anyhow, he says he is going to send his card and DC#, but WOW so much trouble to go thru, will NEVER trade with him again, once this trade is done. If you want to know his name so you know who to look out for, PM me and I'll let you know.
Well. He is correct. You should make all the necessary agreements before a trade is accepted. And well Priority comes with tracking free anyways so it's not like he is adding anything special lol......

Realitively new trader here... I was asked to send cards first one time and had no problems with that. If I had several trades under my belt and some one with more trades wants me to send first I would still be ok with it. Now if someone with no trade under their belt askes me to send first I might have a problem. Also a red flag would go up if someone was to have a fit over sending first.
[Image: Signature.gif]
Trying to get support for Terrell Davis NFL Hall of Fame
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Terrell-Da...1751134995

not surprised about any of this. its sad because many of us veteran traders are now without any new bloods we can trust and just continue trading with our same friends on here. nothing wrong with it but we almost get to a point where we need to see other collections lol.

i hope some of these newbies step up and keep doing right! im always here to trade or help lmk
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1