`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossover Grading

Crossover Grading
If I have BGS 9 with good subs like 9,9,9.5,9.5. If I sent that to PSA any chance that might get a PSA 10? Or is the chance of that happening slim to none?

Has anyone ever sent a BGS 9 to PSA and received a PSA 10 before?

THanks!

RE: Crossover Grading
(02-12-2012, 12:06 PM)rusty222 Wrote: If I have BGS 9 with good subs like 9,9,9.5,9.5. If I sent that to PSA any chance that might get a PSA 10? Or is the chance of that happening slim to none?

THanks!
I've crossed PSA 10's and received BGS 9's.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

(02-12-2012, 05:30 PM)nolan5000 Wrote: I've crossed PSA 10's and received BGS 9's.
I suppose it could go the other way then. Thanks for the response.

Yeah to be fair, I'm a glaring BGS fanboy, but to echo what Nolan said, I've crossed 5 PSA 10s to BGS holders and not a one came back higher than 9 or 9.5.
Seeking 2007 National Treasures Drew Brees Laundry Tag cards #'d to 10.
Trade/Buy for: Saints and Frank Thomas

Hobby instagram

(02-12-2012, 12:06 PM)rusty222 Wrote: If I have BGS 9 with good subs like 9,9,9.5,9.5. If I sent that to PSA any chance that might get a PSA 10? Or is the chance of that happening slim to none?

THanks!
It may, it may not. I sent in a couple bgs 9.5's to psa and they both came back PSA 9. I also sent in a 1968 mantle graded BVG 7 and it came back a PSA 6.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

(02-12-2012, 08:20 PM)sonnyday Wrote: It may, it may not. I sent in a couple bgs 9.5's to psa and they both came back PSA 9. I also sent in a 1968 mantle graded BVG 7 and it came back a PSA 6.
Good point . I see people sometimes on ebay selling BGS 9.5 saying its same as PSA 10 but that's not true all the time.

I'm going to send a few BGS 9 (with at least all 9 subs) and see if I can pull a PSA 10.

(02-12-2012, 08:41 PM)rusty222 Wrote: Good point . I see people sometimes on ebay selling BGS 9.5 saying its same as PSA 10 but that's not true all the time.

I'm going to send a few BGS 9 (with at least all 9 subs) and see if I can pull a PSA 10.
I wouldn't , that is just throwing money out the window. My guess is they are coming back as PSA 9 or worse. When the grader at PSA sees the BGS slab his opinion is already skewed. There is a heated battle in the hobby on who is the stricter grader.
Collecting Bob Feller, 1951 Bowman, anything Cleveland.

[Image: SonnyDay.jpg]

I don't think a one point swing higher/lower is out of the question so yes, it is possible. With that said, if you are able to safely break the card out of the slab before submitting, I would go that route. These companies are competitors and want to look "better" or "more strict" so like sonnyday said, the opinion is already skewed if they see another companies slab show up. It's just human nature.

We have all heard about the 86-87 Fleer MJ RC PSA 10 crossing over to a BGS 10 (I believe this is how the first MJ RC BGS 10 was established), so anything is possible Smile I would think the graders try to be as objective as possible and the only criteria involved in the crossover grade is the condition of the card itself.

(02-13-2012, 06:20 PM)dmogull Wrote: We have all heard about the 86-87 Fleer MJ RC PSA 10 crossing over to a BGS 10 (I believe this is how the first MJ RC BGS 10 was established), so anything is possible Smile I would think the graders try to be as objective as possible and the only criteria involved in the crossover grade is the condition of the card itself.
It was graded by SGC, but I don't remember the grade. A red thread fell off of the card.
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!