`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!

RE: The Lin Hype is Crazy!!!!!!
(02-13-2012, 03:56 PM)crimedawg47 Wrote: +1 With all this Lin-Sanity all over the boards at different card site's I'm struggling to find anyone opening up and admitting they are the ones BUYING any of these cards. Where are these buyers????
Those buyers must be in New York, I haven't paid for any yet. I will if I find someone selling for the Beckett value listed in a magazine, which is still likely!!!

The hype is blown up right now, but I think the kid fits in D'antoni's system and will have even greater success when Amare comes back. He will be Amare's "NASH 2.0" with the pick and roll. He won't bust on his own I don't think, it would have to be injury or team chemistry that causes decreased production from Lin.

If you ask me, I would chase Amare's stuff right now. Melo will see a dive in points because he will become the spot shooter on the opposite side of the pick and roll. Melo will have to get used to Lin controlling the offense instead of himself.

This team will play and look alot like the Suns before Amare left. Melo and Jared Dudley will have more in common now. Melo now is "Dudley 2.0" LOL........... Melo will average 5 more points or so, but everything else on the stat board will look like Dudley in the 09-10 playoffs when they went to WCF.

Melo will have to sacrafice or leave basically.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(02-13-2012, 04:13 PM)tupark82 Wrote: try playing 5 games in 7 nights after never playing more than 25 minutes a game in your life, while trying to create something for your team every single time down the floor while the entire focus of the opponents are solely on you. you've got to understand the circumstances b4 writing him off because you see some bad stat lines. despite the struggles, he assisted on the final 3 of 4 baskets down the stretch while being able to draw a foul and converting the game winning ft. for all the talk about how rubio outplayed him pg wise, his two turnovers came in the final minute when it mattered the most.
Ok so who are you comparing lin to? Is he one of the top 5 pg in the league? People are deff paying for his cards like he is..he has multiple turnovers every game 24 shots in a game shooting 33% this guy is buying into his own hype...hes trying to do way too much that he isnt capable of doing..the one time he goes up against a top pg he gets shut down..they say rubio shot the same pct but he knows his position he only took 15..all i can say is time will tell
Mainly looking for Kobe..DRose..Brandon Jennings..Demarcus Cousins
TRADE BUCKET
http://photobucket.com/trade-sell
[Image: jenningsbanner.jpg]

Yeah, he shot 33% in one game, but was I think 58% from the other games. What I take from the 24 shots is that it wasn't falling and he had the confidence to keep trying to hit that rhythm. But I don't think he's necessarily comparing Lin to anyone. I think they're saying that Lin has come into his own and his latest game showed struggles because of multiple factors; fatigue (as is everyone in the league this year) from now starting a few games in a row plus 30+ minutes each night and 5th game in 7 nights, his first start on the road, and more teams are focusing on him now. It's going to be an adjustment period for him. He doesn't play again until Tuesday against Toronto. So if he goes off for 30 efficient points, people will say it's because he had two days rest, and others will say it's because it was against Toronto.
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

Lol i see what your saying..but your in the nba this is what you do..theres people 30+ years old doin this and dont blame it on fatigue so im not taking that excuse..the man was being gaurded and his shooting pct was the end result
TRADE BUCKET

(02-13-2012, 04:46 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Lol i see what your saying..but your in the nba this is what you do..theres people 30+ years old doin this and dont blame it on fatigue so im not taking that excuse..the man was being gaurded and his shooting pct was the end result
He was being guarded and it may have attributed some to the lower shooting percentage. Not knowing your history with playing any sport or basketball for that matter, but there's a huge difference in fatigue when you go from playing 15 sparing minutes again (maybe three stints of about 5 minutes) to playing 30+ minutes a game, sometimes the entire quarter. Someone who is 20 could have the same hard time adjusting to the change as someone who's 30. But yes, Rubio and the wolves may have had some affect on his shooting percentage, but I don't think those were the only reasons. And I'm not saying fatigue was the biggest reason either, I would say it is an equal reason to Rubio maybe. Honestly, the only person who knows that is Lin. But I will say, if he drops 40 (not likely, just speculating) on the Raptors tomorrow, the hype will get even crazier.

(02-13-2012, 04:25 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Ok so who are you comparing lin to? Is he one of the top 5 pg in the league? People are deff paying for his cards like he is..he has multiple turnovers every game 24 shots in a game shooting 33% this guy is buying into his own hype...hes trying to do way too much that he isnt capable of doing..the one time he goes up against a top pg he gets shut down..they say rubio shot the same pct but he knows his position he only took 15..all i can say is time will tell
i didn't compare nor can i compare him to anyone. he is still defining who he is. i've seen a bit of tony parker's game in him and i've also seen some nash in him. i've also seen the type of athleticism those 2 don't have in him. like you said, time will tell who he could really be compared to.

did you really refer to rubio as a top pg? i've been talkin up rubio b4 the season even started, but come on now. i guess going up against deron williams was a figment of my imagination? i guess goin up against john wall was nothing? u will likely say something negative about that too about how they are on bad teams. it doesn't change the fact that they are, esp. deron, top tier pgs in the league.

also, xtream, it was actually lin's second road game as a starter. the first road game came against wall. but yes, most of what u said about my sentiments are true.

one last thing is, his cards have definitely gone crazy. i'm amused by it but i honestly could care less about it. good for whoever wants to buy them and see what happens. it is what it is right now. are you guys so sure it won't go up again when the knicks go to the playoffs and serious noise is made there? either way, people ought to just sit back, witness and enjoy whatever's going on in the hobby instead of hating on it. why? what is the point? so much negativity.
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

When i asked about comparison i was directing it toward what the value of his cards should be thats all..secondly i understand its a big difference from comin off the bench to starting 5 straight..but the man hasnt played all season and hes in in his early 20s how can he be more fatigued than the rest of the nba cmon
TRADE BUCKET

(02-13-2012, 04:54 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: He was being guarded and it may have attributed some to the lower shooting percentage. Not knowing your history with playing any sport or basketball for that matter, but there's a huge difference in fatigue when you go from playing 15 sparing minutes again (maybe three stints of about 5 minutes) to playing 30+ minutes a game, sometimes the entire quarter. Someone who is 20 could have the same hard time adjusting to the change as someone who's 30. But yes, Rubio and the wolves may have had some affect on his shooting percentage, but I don't think those were the only reasons. And I'm not saying fatigue was the biggest reason either, I would say it is an equal reason to Rubio maybe. Honestly, the only person who knows that is Lin. But I will say, if he drops 40 (not likely, just speculating) on the Raptors tomorrow, the hype will get even crazier.
+++++++++++++ i don't know how old the guy you're responding to is, but 5 games in 7 nights is ridiculous. my body aches these days even after just one tough night of games. 5 games in 7 nights is a disaster. this shouldn't have to be explained.

the raptors btw, are an underrated defensive team. they lose games more because they suck on the offensive end without bargnani. we'll see what casey draws up for lin, but i believe amare will be back which will be a huge plus.
I collect Stephen Curry Rookie Autos/Patches

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v411/t...n%20Curry/

[Image: tupark_edited-1floor.gif]

Ive balled my whole life im 28 now and when i was 20 fatigue was minute compared to now..so you must be in your 50s if one game does that to you
TRADE BUCKET

(02-13-2012, 05:19 PM)robd5811 Wrote: Ive balled my whole life im 28 now and when i was 20 fatigue was minute compared to now..so you must be in your 50s if one game does that to you
Actually I think he's right around our ages. I've seen pics of him, but we don't normally discuss personal information on here like age, DOB, etc. Smile But now, I agree. When I was 20, I could play ball all day every day, but maybe my competition was weak. Now, partially due to a plate in the ankle, after one good quality game, I'm done for a day or two. Not endurance wise, just aching wise. But that's what you get when you sit at a computer writing programs all day, muscles deteriorate and bones ache more. Smile