`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input for Value of Rare Cards?

Input for Value of Rare Cards?
I have a few cards that are unlisted due to scarcity, and I was wondering if I could get some of your input on what you think they might be worth/sell for:

2008-09 Topps Co-Signers Rookie Autographs Hyper Silver #104 Russell Westbrook serially numbered /10

2008-09 Topps Rip Cards 10 #5 Kobe Bryant serially numbered /10 (unripped)

2008-09 SPx Winning Materials Autographs Jerseys #WMICA Carmelo Anthony serially numbered /10

2009-10 Prestige Prestigious Pros Platinum #41 O.J. Mayo serially numbered /10

2008-09 Topps Co-Signers Dual Autographs Press Plates Yellow #CSDM Baron Davis#{Corey Maggette numbered 1/1

2008-09 Topps Co-Signers Dual Autographs Hyper Platinum #CSFJ T.J. Ford#{Jarrett Jack numbered 1/1

Thanks

RE: Input for Value of Rare Cards?
Heres what I would guess they would sell for conservatively.

2008-09 Topps Co-Signers Rookie Autographs Hyper Silver #104 Russell Westbrook serially numbered /10
$300

2008-09 Topps Rip Cards 10 #5 Kobe Bryant serially numbered /10 (unripped)
$80

2008-09 SPx Winning Materials Autographs Jerseys #WMICA Carmelo Anthony serially numbered /10
$180-$220

2009-10 Prestige Prestigious Pros Platinum #41 O.J. Mayo serially numbered /10
$25-$50

2008-09 Topps Co-Signers Dual Autographs Press Plates Yellow #CSDM Baron Davis#{Corey Maggette numbered 1/1
$20

2008-09 Topps Co-Signers Dual Autographs Hyper Platinum #CSFJ T.J. Ford#{Jarrett Jack numbered 1/1
$20

[Image: f0oyns.jpg]

(01-20-2012, 04:25 PM)quavis Wrote: Heres what I would guess they would sell for conservatively.

$300
I have a friend that has this exact card he got it for about $250 (Which was high because he had just been selected to be an All-Star). He has had it slabbed and graded by BGS and it got a 9.5 w/ 10 auto and on the subgrades it got 9.5 all around. He has been asking $400 and probably would cave at $350 in it's graded form now. I agree with most of Quavis' pricing except this one.

I would say raw, that westbrook won't bring $300 or more unless the Thunder are in the thick of the Finals and Westbrook takes his game to the next level before then. I would say $250 right now and I think on ebay, a little less than that. Just my opinion on that one.

Quavis is dead on with the rest, IMO.

P.S. I would go with the low end of the Melo price range......sorry quavis, I have to disagree with someone today... :p
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

Yea, you're probly right about the Westbrook. Close though.

Thanks for your input! I was guessing around the same for the Westbrook (nice to hear what your friend paid for it) and the Melo....and was thinking about the same for the Kobe RIP Card, but then I saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOBE-BRYANT-08-0...35b80f0c33

I thought this seemed extremely high for a card numbered to 99...but it made me hopeful for my card.

I also thought (although they aren't high caliber players) that both of my dual auto co-signers card would be worth more than $20 since they are 1/1....but oh well.

Thanks again.

We are talking cash prices here. How often does a beckett value equal a actual sale value on anything or anyone except the best of the best?

If the dual auto's had a BV from beckett, they would be higher. But...... the fact that card companies make like four or five "1/1" versions of each card waters down the "1/1" attribute.

Your dual autos should drive that point home.... you have a press plate (which will have 3 other colored versions) and you also have a hyper-platinum. That makes a total of five "1/1" versions for each card in that dual autograph set.
MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

(01-20-2012, 06:00 PM)jarrrrrod Wrote: Thanks for your input! I was guessing around the same for the Westbrook (nice to hear what your friend paid for it) and the Melo....and was thinking about the same for the Kobe RIP Card, but then I saw this on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KOBE-BRYANT-08-0...35b80f0c33

I thought this seemed extremely high for a card numbered to 99...but it made me hopeful for my card.

I also thought (although they aren't high caliber players) that both of my dual auto co-signers card would be worth more than $20 since they are 1/1....but oh well.

Thanks again.

For the Rip card, it all depends on who and how bad they want to rip or not rip that card. Or in other words, you get two people who have their mind set on ripping that card might go into a little bidding war. You never know until the sale ends.

I don't think the melo would sale for that high. Unless a couple big collectors go after it. I would say $100-150, but again, would sale lower. I had a Kevin Garnett auto /5, that I had a hard time moving. I've been watching the SPX Winning Materials autos since they came out. Love em! Just don't like they had a retail version too, not sure if they retailed every player or not. haven't really looked at the checklist...

my guess, sale price $60-100, but would book higher.. maybe $100-150, if there was BV put to it..

Got scans?
NEED: SPA 08-09 "CITY NAME LETTERS" G, E, S 1/1 & /3 *ALL LAKAERS
NEED: ELITE BLACK BOX LAKERS AUTOS (KAREEM/10 & BAYLOR/24)
MY BUCKETT: http://photobucket.com/jpleazme
*United States Navy*

I have three of them scanned already....will post the others later:

[Image: umMHC.jpg]
[Image: ic0tX.jpg]
[Image: LqJxa.jpg]