`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!

RE: 6 best cards I've ever pulled & the MAIN reason I HATE retail!
(01-18-2012, 03:39 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: My 5 year old told me to tell u to come pursches his collection valued at over $500 k he will take 100k and he will leave the hobby IDIOT!

When u go to retire and sell ur stuff some KID is going to be buying it so I guess ur cards will be in ur grave ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I dont think he understands... Quit beating around the bush and tell him how you really feel Big Grin
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

(01-18-2012, 04:46 PM)the great 48 Wrote: I dont think he understands... Quit beating around the bush and tell him how you really feel Big Grin
bwahahahahahahahaha Smile

Wow angry much? I really don't think anyone said kids shouldn't collect or we don't want kids to collect. I'm only 25 and I started when I was about 5. I mean, I got my Mickey mantle auto when I was 6 and still have it in mint condition. I knw kids collect and canbe very good at it. I'm saying I don't like to see nice cards that somebody ( like a kid who collects) would really appreciate going to somebody who doesn't really collect and doesn't need to have it. That's all is meant but oh well.

I remember when I was a kid, maybe 11-12, my lcs on the northside of Chicago had a quarter machine where you'd get a random card that was between two pieces of cardboard. A few "hits" in the machine included some big named rookies from 89 score football, 90 leaf baseball, etc. I'd always have a quarter or two left over from buying a few packs and save it for the machine.

When I got my Jerry Rice RC, I ran all the way hope. I couldn't believe my luck. I still have the card to this day. It graded out a BGS 7 years ago. One of my most cherished cards.

(01-18-2012, 07:53 PM)jplarson Wrote: I remember when I was a kid, maybe 11-12, my lcs on the northside of Chicago had a quarter machine where you'd get a random card that was between two pieces of cardboard. A few "hits" in the machine included some big named rookies from 89 score football, 90 leaf baseball, etc. I'd always have a quarter or two left over from buying a few packs and save it for the machine.

When I got my Jerry Rice RC, I ran all the way hope. I couldn't believe my luck. I still have the card to this day. It graded out a BGS 7 years ago. One of my most cherished cards.
great story Smile
(01-18-2012, 05:43 PM)cody_allen Wrote: I'm only 25 and I started when I was about 5. I mean, I got my Mickey mantle auto when I was 6 and still have it in mint condition.
saweet pull and cool story Smile

My much younger step-brother who still lives with my father and his fiance knew nothing about sports or collecting at all until this past christmas. I was at a loss for what to get him, so I purchased a Cam Newton refractor auto out of Topps Chrome and gave it to him. He now calls once a week to talk cards with me for a half hour or so and calls me everytime he pulls something out of a pack of retail he picked up at the grocery store.

I just find it amazing how much excitement he gets out of pulling a jersey, where as I pulled a silver ink Andy Dalton patch auto out of Gold Standard and was pissed I didn't get my money back.

I read the baseball boards on here and blowout, and I see all the rage over the way the kid handled the Bryce Harper /5 red auto pull (http://youtu.be/1xPNL4by4kk ). And I can't help but feel disgusted at those people, I wish I felt that excited when I pull a nice card.

I hope some 5 year old pulls the Andrew Luck Super auto out of Chrome next year and smashes it to all hell if he enjoys doing it. To each his own!

(01-19-2012, 09:59 AM)Sajman01 Wrote: where as I pulled a silver ink Andy Dalton patch auto out of Gold Standard and was pissed I didn't get my money back.
I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this is what's wrong with the hobby today, not kids pulling nice stuff out of retail.

(01-19-2012, 01:49 PM)joe callahan13 Wrote: I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but this is what's wrong with the hobby today, not kids pulling nice stuff out of retail.
+1
And the video is hilarious, he was super stoked. And that kid is jackin those cards up.
But they are his. Who cares if he messes them up?
If he stays in the hobby he will learn to take care of them the right way and be careful.
And for the people who left posts on there bashing this kid they should be ashamed of themselves. (some of you on here...)
I mean is that how you would talk to that kid on the street? Id love to hear somebody talk to my kid that way. Id unleash the last years worth of anger on some poor fool.
I do agree that he needs to be more careful but once again they are his.
Sounds like people are just jealous cause their box sucked and this kid got a great hit...
[Image: davisban2bcopy4.jpg]

First of all the OP has pulled some sick cards so shouldn't be complaining at all about retail..lol

I started this as a kid and since costs are so high now for a pack of cards, I am glad retail is out there for kids to buy and why would I care if a kid pulls a great card as opposed to some guy who can blow hundreds of dollars and just buy the auto if that's all he cared about...

These kids are the future of this hobby that is already starting to die out if you ask me so if putting some good hits in retail helps keep it going and exposes it to a new generation, i am all for it..
[Image: arod.gif]

(01-19-2012, 03:08 PM)arod1973 Wrote: First of all the OP has pulled some sick cards so shouldn't be complaining at all about retail..lol

I started this as a kid and since costs are so high now for a pack of cards, I am glad retail is out there for kids to buy and why would I care if a kid pulls a great card as opposed to some guy who can blow hundreds of dollars and just buy the auto if that's all he cared about...

These kids are the future of this hobby that is already starting to die out if you ask me so if putting some good hits in retail helps keep it going and exposes it to a new generation, i am all for it..
+1
There wouldn't be a card hobby at all if it wasn't for kids.
[Image: wavysig.jpg]

Cris Carter Collector 1660/2351
John Randle Collector 349/568
Pro Set Collector

http://s696.photobucket.com/albums/vv327...e%20Cards/