`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
larry bird/magic rc reprint

larry bird/magic rc reprint
Could someone tell me how to identify a reprint of the 1980 Bird/Erving/Magic Rc?

I've had what I think is an original for years, but keep seeing reprints on ebay that look to me like the original, so now I'm a little uncertain.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: larry bird/magic rc reprint
This link might help.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/1980-81-topps-la...-210080270

[Image: 755bd9c1.jpg]
I will miss you bbills1999
Where are you XstreamInsanity/Jason?

(01-18-2012, 02:43 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: This link might help.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/1980-81-topps-la...-210080270

Thanks for the reply.

That card supposedly has a reprint stamp hidden on the back, but I can't find it in the image. Can you spot it?

I think its on the bottom on the larry bird portion, between "Pro totals" and "82"

I can't find it too. I guess/think libs021 is right.

It says REPLICA on the computer screen on the back of the card. THAT IS SNEAKY!
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

(01-19-2012, 11:25 AM)djohn Wrote: It says REPLICA on the computer screen on the back of the card. THAT IS SNEAKY!
You beat me to it. I actually sent a message to this guy on ebay several weeks ago asking how to identify it as a reprint, and he just responded this morning. It is sneaky, I scanned the back of that card several times and couldn't find it.

The Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar reprint card does have a noticeable RP mark on the jersey in the cartoon on the back. I hope he just do this on all of his reprints.

(01-20-2012, 12:46 AM)filamuraireborn Wrote: The Lew Alcindor/Kareem Abdul-Jabbar reprint card does have a noticeable RP mark on the jersey in the cartoon on the back. I hope he just do this on all of his reprints.
Even thought these cards say "reprint" I still have to believe this is copy right infringement, and if it's not, it's really lame nonetheless.

(01-20-2012, 11:34 AM)dboutte Wrote: Even thought these cards say "reprint" I still have to believe this is copy right infringement, and if it's not, it's really lame nonetheless.
These reprints are usually illegal (though past a certain date they are allowed but still unethical).

For key Rookie cards just buy graded.
Collecting Basketball Autographs