`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs and Padres make a big trade...Let's trade our Cashners and Rizzos!

Cubs and Padres make a big trade...Let's trade our Cashners and Rizzos!
Cubs trade Cashner to Padres for Rizzo- http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...b&c_id=mlb

In light of the recent news, who wants to trade? Many of you know my deal...new to the hobby, trying to acquire Cubs cards. I recently traded away a 2011 Draft Blue Rizzo Card, and traded for 3 Cashners. So in light of this deal between the Cubs and the Padres, I'm wondering if there are any Padre fans that want to swap?

I have these cards available for trading:
2011 Topps Triple Threads Unity Relic Autographs Emerald #UAR20

2010 Topps Update Peek Performance Autographs #AC Andrew Cashner

2011 Finest #87 Andrew Cashner (RC)
[Image: mP9e9L.png]

RE: Cubs and Padres make a big trade...
Wow - I'm really impressed with some of the moves they've made this winter. No huge splashes, but lots of young talent and rebuilding.

Now if we can just find someone dumb enough (cough...Marlins...cough) to take an overpaid left fielder off our hands, I'd feel really good about the future - probably not this year, but a couple years down the road.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

Rizzo was Epstein's guy all along, he coveted him as a Red Sox prospect when he was in Boston. Probably a big reason why they did not go after Prince. I think Cashner will be good though, so it sucks to see them deal him away before he produces. That being said I have a few cashner & rizzo auto's so if anybody is looking let me know.
[Image: braunsig.png]

(01-06-2012, 04:30 PM)ceocards Wrote: Wow - I'm really impressed with some of the moves they've made this winter. No huge splashes, but lots of young talent and rebuilding.

Now if we can just find someone dumb enough (cough...Marlins...cough) to take an overpaid left fielder off our hands, I'd feel really good about the future - probably not this year, but a couple years down the road.
In Theo we Trust. Something tells me we could send the said-Left Fielder to the Marlins...but we'd end up paying for the contract...where have we seen that recently?! But I agree... I think the next 3-5 years should bring some excitement.
(01-06-2012, 04:34 PM)ELevin99 Wrote: Rizzo was Epstein's guy all along, he coveted him as a Red Sox prospect when he was in Boston. Probably a big reason why they did not go after Prince. I think Cashner will be good though, so it sucks to see them deal him away before he produces. That being said I have a few cashner & rizzo auto's so if anybody is looking let me know.
I didn't know that about Rizzo and Epstein... I had really been holding out hope that LaHair would get a shot, being that we saw hime play in Des Moines.

Silly Cubs Fans Smile

Side note, i have a Rizzo Sterling Refractor Auto /199
[Image: n0Ji6.png]

Great. Just pulled a Andrew Cashner 2011 Topps Chrome Refractor today, now I have no reason to keep it anymore. Haha
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

(01-06-2012, 04:40 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: Great. Just pulled a Andrew Cashner 2011 Topps Chrome Refractor today, now I have no reason to keep it anymore. Haha
Darn the luck, Man!

i cannot wait for opening day! i need to hear len and bob say CUBS WIN!
[Image: banner-2-1.jpg]

If we're gonna get that win, better hope Castro is on the field. Did you guys see the allegations he has against him now? Of course right!? What else can happen in Chicago.
[Image: MusialCastrobanner.png][Image: 1958Castro.png]

(01-06-2012, 04:47 PM)MrSwankTank21 Wrote: If we're gonna get that win, better hope Castro is on the field. Did you guys see the allegations he has against him now? Of course right!? What else can happen in Chicago.
God I hope they aren't true... I did see that. Guess he's a star coming of age... *FAIL*