`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rants raves and suggestions about ebay sellers

rants raves and suggestions about ebay sellers
Not offering combined shipping is ridiculous or not offering a decent discount is almost as bad i have not bid on stuff before because the shipping was to high for a single card and not a good enough discount was offered to offset the high inital shipping cost. Another thing why cant the sellers do a better job of tagging there listings? Imagine how nice it would be to just click your team on the sort options and have it show all of you team instead of right now for instance 49ers(12,147) Not Specified (854,034). And of course anybody who ships a card/cards in a pwe. So what are your complaints and/or suggestions to the ebay sellers you never know maybe one of them will read what we put here and change some of the stuff they do.
ps keep in mind theres a rule here about posting links to live auctions so just give details if its a live auction
[Image: 49ers.jpg]

RE: rants raves and suggestions about ebay sellers
a honest answer ..... I don't offer combined shipping ..... reason why ???

it all depends on weight/volume etc. etc. etc. for me to mail to the States ..... I do however credit folks via Paypal for any extra shipping costs they've sent me ..... funny thing, in over 50 multiple card shipments I've never been thanked for that Sad so it makes me wonder why I bother .....

fair enough pbean if i bought from a seller and they refunded me the difference i would make a point of shopping with them again and usually mention in my feedback if a seller refunds the difference or charged less for shipping then it ended up costing them

Scotch tape on top loaders.. Hate that!!! They should use painter's masking tape. If a seller uses a PWE please use a top loader!

OK my biggest problem i have been having with ebay lately. I have been trying my absolute darnedest for months now to haggle, trade, reasonably price, plead and beg even for a fair deal on a Topps Chrome Demarco Murray crystal atomic refractor auto. with absolutely no success. Since they have been out, i have only seen 1 with a fair price!

So this particular cards books at about half to 3 times less then what the norm listing is and has a print run of 50. Sure my man played a few good games but jeez lou weez, that dont mean break the bank on other guys trying to collect too right? I dont know i guess its just me, but im not gonna do a BIN or BO for 3x+ the BV of a card and expect at least very near that.

I would of been willing to offer 100% BV on it but screw it man, i will wait till i got someone who is willing to work with their customers instead of being a jacka++, or i will not get one at all and see it several years down the road. Maybe those same sellers will be dying to let it go for at least 100 and i will enjoy the laugh when i offer 20 bucks.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

exactly cowboysfanatic i almost mentioned the bin price being set way over bv but wanted to leave a rant for someone else lol

(01-01-2012, 12:38 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: OK my biggest problem i have been having with ebay lately. I have been trying my absolute darnedest for months now to haggle, trade, reasonably price, plead and beg even for a fair deal on a Topps Chrome Demarco Murray crystal atomic refractor auto. with absolutely no success. Since they have been out, i have only seen 1 with a fair price!

So this particular cards books at about half to 3 times less then what the norm listing is and has a print run of 50. Sure my man played a few good games but jeez lou weez, that dont mean break the bank on other guys trying to collect too right? I dont know i guess its just me, but im not gonna do a BIN or BO for 3x+ the BV of a card and expect at least very near that.

I would of been willing to offer 100% BV on it but screw it man, i will wait till i got someone who is willing to work with their customers instead of being a jacka++, or i will not get one at all and see it several years down the road. Maybe those same sellers will be dying to let it go for at least 100 and i will enjoy the laugh when i offer 20 bucks.
I pulled a DeMarco Finest refractor auto /30 that had a BV of $100 - After a few searches I saw that it was acually selling for 2x BV so I listed it 3x BV with BO and got $240. This year Beckett has been bad with BV. Almost everything has gone for well over BV. Even Daniel Thomas stuff. 99% of what I have bought has been over BV. The Ponder Finest I have was BV at $80 and was selling every day for $100-$125 and only now does Beckett have it BV at $125. I know this is the norm with Rookies but not to the extent it has been this year. Sadly sellers hang on to the previous selling prices way past the over due date lol. You wont see DeMarco come down on a BIN for probably another year even tho auction prices have been half. Most people (Yourself included I'm sure) dont want to let something go for half when they can hang on to it. That Ponder I have has since come down in auction prices but I wont move it for less just to move it. I'll keep listing it at $130 until someone makes a reasonable offer. Otherwise I'm in no hurry to move it. It is a rookie auto patch card so why dump it? If he leads a solid career one day I may get $250 for it Big Grin
Collecting = Peyton Manning
Manning PC

(01-01-2012, 01:28 PM)branesergen Wrote: I pulled a DeMarco Finest refractor auto /30 that had a BV of $100 - After a few searches I saw that it was acually selling for 2x BV so I listed it 3x BV with BO and got $240. This year Beckett has been bad with BV. Almost everything has gone for well over BV. Even Daniel Thomas stuff. 99% of what I have bought has been over BV. The Ponder Finest I have was BV at $80 and was selling every day for $100-$125 and only now does Beckett have it BV at $125. I know this is the norm with Rookies but not to the extent it has been this year. Sadly sellers hang on to the previous selling prices way past the over due date lol. You wont see DeMarco come down on a BIN for probably another year even tho auction prices have been half. Most people (Yourself included I'm sure) dont want to let something go for half when they can hang on to it. That Ponder I have has since come down in auction prices but I wont move it for less just to move it. I'll keep listing it at $130 until someone makes a reasonable offer. Otherwise I'm in no hurry to move it. It is a rookie auto patch card so why dump it? If he leads a solid career one day I may get $250 for it Big Grin
Thats a good point, so they are not up to date BV yet?? Well that would make sense then because it seems like alot of stuff is being listed at least 2x BV. Ingram, Newton, Murray and Miller all seem to have deflated BV based on the market. Either that or folks are just asking too much.

[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Flippin A$$tards, that are money hungry. They have no life and don't sleep. They are typically overweight and eat McDonalds *ALOT* from your hard earned money. They typically don't have jobs and live in a relative's basement. There only goal in life is to collect what other people collect just to sell it to them. They attempt to price gouge the flip out them with insane BUY IT NOW PRICES. They also like to bid up cards just to resell to the person they outbid for even more then that.

If you sell on ebay and you purchase low #/d cards on ebay with the intent to price gouge the flip out of collectors. I am talking about YOU! Yes YOU know who you are with your (3) 1/1's when the card are really #/25 and you have the 1/25 or the 25/25 or the jersey#/25. It's not a 1/1.

I don't mind if you flip for 20%-30% percent profit, but 300% to 1000% is lame.....This is not directed at people who bust boxes and are trying to get there hard earned money back on product.

....end rant hope nobody got offended.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4

Me personally, I have never understood why anyone complains about what a seller charges for S&H. I look at the card in question and figure out what I am willing to pay. When I figure out what Im going to pay that $ amount includes the S&H. If the S&H is so much that it would go beyond what I am willing to pay I move on to the next card.

As a seller of cards I offer Free S&H. The cards are in penny sleeve & top loader and placed in team bag. Cards are shipped well protected in bubble mailer with DC through Paypal shipping.
[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.