`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Grading

Card Grading
Just wanting some opinions, if you were going to send some PC cards to beckett for grading what is the lowest BV you would send?

Thanks in advance...........

RE: Card Grading
Hey man, I've sent most of my PCs... it's really up to you. High-end RCs don't ever hurt... But when it comes to PC stuff, that's something you are holding onto, so it doesn't matter. I get my autos, parallels and high-end stuff. Good luck!
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

(12-19-2011, 03:12 PM)htowntigger Wrote: Hey man, I've sent most of my PCs... it's really up to you. High-end RCs don't ever hurt... But when it comes to PC stuff, that's something you are holding onto, so it doesn't matter. I get my autos, parallels and high-end stuff. Good luck!
I agree. If it's PC, send in what ever you want. I start with my "highend", autos and such.

Have you ever sent anything before? I recommend taking the cards out of holders and really looking at them. If you spot something, they definitely will. That's my only advise! You may also check with them if you are planning on sending a large bulk order, that my save you some money.
[Image: MJCollage_zps3209fd89.jpg]

I agree with both of them. I'd send my higher end stuff though, but if you wanted your entire PC graded and there were $0.15 base, if you have the finances and it's not going to hurt you in the end, I'd go for it. In 50 years, that $0.15 might be worth $500 because of the great condition it's still in. That's what my plan is, but 3500+ cards, whew, that's hard. Smile
[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

(12-19-2011, 03:38 PM)htowntigger Wrote: Have you ever sent anything before? I recommend taking the cards out of holders and really looking at them. If you spot something, they definitely will. That's my only advise! You may also check with them if you are planning on sending a large bulk order, that my save you some money.
No I haven't sent anything in for grading before but I am fixing to right after I get home this month. Thanks for the advice on sending a bulk order in haven't thought of that.

I still dont understand grading PC? If its just for you what is the point? Its not a slam to anyone I just dont get it.
[Image: bannernew.jpg]

See my bucket organized by sport and then by player or team: http://s174.photobucket.com/user/thump17er/library/Basketball%20Scans?sort=6&page=1

(12-19-2011, 03:39 PM)xstreaminsanity Wrote: I agree with both of them. I'd send my higher end stuff though, but if you wanted your entire PC graded and there were $0.15 base, if you have the finances and it's not going to hurt you in the end, I'd go for it. In 50 years, that $0.15 might be worth $500 because of the great condition it's still in. That's what my plan is, but 3500+ cards, whew, that's hard. Smile
Well my PC isn't that large right now probable around 600 or so, so I want to get started now. I have added quite a few high end cards since I got started back collecting they are definately going first but I have a few that I had when I first collected with oldest son that I want to have graded just because of the memories that they have with them. They are not worth much in value but you couldn't pay enough to buy them from me.
(12-19-2011, 03:54 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: I still dont understand grading PC? If its just for you what is the point? Its not a slam to anyone I just dont get it.
I don't know about everyone else but I don't collect to make money or get the best deal but for the enjoyment of it(and since joining up here it has been even better). So I want to be able to keep my cards in the same condition they were in when I opened that pack or busted a box or opened the package you guys sent it to me in. I know they have holders but my preference is grading and if it raises the value that's a bonus for me. I have 2 boys I am hoping they get interested in it so I want them to be able to look at my cards with me without any problems.

(12-19-2011, 03:54 PM)mrhurtado17 Wrote: I still dont understand grading PC? If its just for you what is the point? Its not a slam to anyone I just dont get it.
For me, it's mostly for protection. Now, I know a lot of people say "why not just put it in a sleeve, in a top loader, put that into a team bag and that into a box and then it's safe. Yeah, that's true. But for me, grading provides so much more. It provides the card description. It provides an overall grade along with the sub grades. It provides better protection from one of my kids possibly accidentally spilling something on them (mind you, I keep them in the closet in boxes and the kids don't normally go in my room, but I'm not there 100% of the time, so I can't be sure). It looks nicer when displaying it. It allows me to make sure it's authentic. But this is why I'm going to try and do bulk grading rather than submitting a few cards at a time. If I were to submit 200 cards at once, that's $7 a pop (for 20 day service I think) rather than me sending 10 in at a time for what, $15 a pop? Now, I don't have $1400 to shell out right now, and doing 200 at a time would still take me a good 17+ submissions (man that's a lot of money), but in the end I would know my cards as in the best possible protection I can give them (save a safety deposit box, lol).

And WORST case scenario, if I had to sell all of my cards, it helps me get as much money as I can and allows the buyer to know they're authentic.
(12-19-2011, 04:00 PM)kevinr Wrote: I have 2 boys I am hoping they get interested in it so I want them to be able to look at my cards with me without any problems.
Ditto. My boys want to play with my cards already (3 and a half and 1 and a half) and if they were graded, I'd be like "Sure, go ahead." Smile

[Image: Xtreme2sec.gif]
3,850+ diff Pistons cards

I think it's a personal preference thing too. I got started back about a year ago, mostly thanks to this site, and i'm a grad student so I just don't have the finances to go after high-end stuff. I am preparing my first batch of cards to send in, it's mostly my more valuable MJs that I believe will grade high, but I'm sending one that books for just $5 because it is my favorite card.

And if it's just for PC purposes, why not get them graded? Worst case scenario: you go broke and have to sell your PC cards which are now worth more b/c they're graded (hopefully high) and slabbed. Best case, your PC value increases and they're protected.
I collect Michael Jordan, Mitch Richmond, and Ohio State players (football and basketball) in OSU gear. I strongly prefer 90's-era cards and use newer cards primarily for trade bait!

[Image: buckunteer_edited-2-1.gif]