`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OT: Tebow All he does is win!

RE: OT: Tebow All he does is win!
Well, even if he was starting every game & losing, the Teblow lovers would still be going, "but....."

His stats aren't the best, and the D is awesome. Time will tell for him
[Image: AllthingsOregon2copy.jpg]

(12-16-2011, 02:50 PM)floydtown Wrote: Then why couldnt they win with Orton?

again, how come they couldnt win with Orton if the defense is winning the games?
If you look at the games Orton started before Tebow did, opposing offenses were averaging 26.4 pts a game. The games when Tebow started offenses started averaging 20.4, that's nearly a TD a game less. In 5 of Tebow's wins the offense didn't score more than 18 pts a game and his stats were dismal. So I stand by my point and say it hasn't been Tebow, but a team effort. Tebow hasn't had to do much except those miracle last drives of the game, which wouldn't happen in the first place if the D hadn't been playing so good compared to when Orton started.

Obviously, its a team effort. However, the defense does benefit from Tebow as a QB for 3 reasons.

One is Tebow doesnt turn the ball over. Therefore, the defense doesnt have to defend a short feild. Its hard enough on defense, let alone defending a short feild. Orton would throw the stupidest picks at the worst time. Tebow may go three and out alot, but a punt is much better than turning the ball over.

Two, Tebows contributions to the running game and confusing the defense has allowed the Broncos offense to be 27th in running to 1st in the NFL. (may be a week old stat, but still holds merit). What does running the ball do? Eat up clock, keep the Broncos defense on the sideline and rested up and strong in the 4th quarter

Three, what Tebow has done for the whole team. Brought a strong will attitude and hope. I imagine the Broncos defense plays alot more inspired when you can be apart of something special. Know you can win any game as long as the defense keeps them in it. The "team" buys in to what Tebow is selling. Especially the defense. Listen to guys like Von Miller, Champ, Dumervile, Dawkins. They praise the kid up and down.

Also, if you wanna bash Tebows stats, look at Peyton Mannings numbers in his 12th start in the NFL. Manning turned the ball over quit a bit and wasnt throwing for many more yards than Tebow. People forget Tebow is a young QB and has alot to learn. There are three things rookie/young QBs do bad in the NFL. One is turn the ball over alot. Tebow doesnt. They also panic in clutch moment, Tebow is at his best. And three, they lose alot of ball games. Tebow is 8-3 as a starter and 7-1 this year. You can see Tebow improve week after week. To think he wont get better is just not true. He isnt Jamarcus Russell, he wont eat his way out of the league. His work ethic is at the top of the league and his will is even greater. This is just the tip of the iceberg for Tebow.

One more point, the lockout hurt Tebow this year too. Not much practice before the season starts and on top of that, they are making due with what they have. This team wasnt built for this kind of offense, but many players stepped up. Imagine of the Broncos have a year or two to mold the offense to Tebow with the right parts, not just what they have with Ortons offense.

There....Ill step off my soap box.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

Last season, Denver's defense....

Sacks - 23 (32nd)
Interceptions - 10 (30th)
Total Yards Allowed (24th)

This season's stats:

Sacks - 37 (4th)
Interceptions - 9 (25th)
Total Yards Allowed (19th)

Outside of the addition of Von Miller their defense has not improved at all. I'm getting a bit tired of hearing Tebow critics say he's being carried by the defense. No he's not, Von Miller averages less than 1 sack a game, that is the Broncos defense is only 1 play a game better than it was last year.

Now in NFL sense, 1 play can make or break your season so that is a significant performance increase. However, Tebow's sustained game winning drives often contain 2-3 plays in which he single-handedly carries the team on his back.

Tebow is 3 plays a game, Miller is 1 play a game, and everyone else is about the same from last year. So you tell me who deserves most of the credit?

(12-16-2011, 03:43 PM)samiamryan Wrote: Obviously, its a team effort. However, the defense does benefit from Tebow as a QB for 3 reasons.

One is Tebow doesnt turn the ball over. Therefore, the defense doesnt have to defend a short feild. Its hard enough on defense, let alone defending a short feild. Orton would throw the stupidest picks at the worst time. Tebow may go three and out alot, but a punt is much better than turning the ball over.

Two, Tebows contributions to the running game and confusing the defense has allowed the Broncos offense to be 27th in running to 1st in the NFL. (may be a week old stat, but still holds merit). What does running the ball do? Eat up clock, keep the Broncos defense on the sideline and rested up and strong in the 4th quarter

Three, what Tebow has done for the whole team. Brought a strong will attitude and hope. I imagine the Broncos defense plays alot more inspired when you can be apart of something special. Know you can win any game as long as the defense keeps them in it. The "team" buys in to what Tebow is selling. Especially the defense. Listen to guys like Von Miller, Champ, Dumervile, Dawkins. They praise the kid up and down.

Also, if you wanna bash Tebows stats, look at Peyton Mannings numbers in his 12th start in the NFL. Manning turned the ball over quit a bit and wasnt throwing for many more yards than Tebow. People forget Tebow is a young QB and has alot to learn. There are three things rookie/young QBs do bad in the NFL. One is turn the ball over alot. Tebow doesnt. They also panic in clutch moment, Tebow is at his best. And three, they lose alot of ball games. Tebow is 8-3 as a starter and 7-1 this year. You can see Tebow improve week after week. To think he wont get better is just not true. He isnt Jamarcus Russell, he wont eat his way out of the league. His work ethic is at the top of the league and his will is even greater. This is just the tip of the iceberg for Tebow.

One more point, the lockout hurt Tebow this year too. Not much practice before the season starts and on top of that, they are making due with what they have. This team wasnt built for this kind of offense, but many players stepped up. Imagine of the Broncos have a year or two to mold the offense to Tebow with the right parts, not just what they have with Ortons offense.

There....Ill step off my soap box.
I'm glad you said what you said. That was very well said!! Plus, Tebow is a great role model in this day and time!!
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!

I dont see the NE whoopin that you guys are hoping for
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(12-18-2011, 05:09 PM)floydtown Wrote: I dont see the NE whoopin that you guys are hoping for
nope i dont think this is gonna be the 35 point brady thrashing type game and denver has put points on the board in the 1st quarter, not a good sign for patriots fansWink
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

Football is a team sport you need to fire on all cylinders to win. I think Tebow is one of the weakest links on his team. Controlling the clock with a competitive defense = success in the NFL. That is all he is doing.

Look at the 49ers........ Alex Smith is ok, but ok at best and they are 10-3

when the time comes to play with the big boys you have to have an above average NFL QB. Tebow is not one, he will be the downfall of the Bronco's for the next few years.

I like Tebow, I just think its silly to compare his numbers, style or anything of that Peyton Manning fellow. Compare him to Vick or Steve Young or something....

Sure he can grow, sure he can lead, but what he needs is to learn how to throw. I admire Denver for giving him that opportunity it will be 2-3 years before I see him becoming anything close to becoming even a Kyle Orton type quarter back as far as throwing the ball.....

1. I HATE when people think being a QB is just about throwing a football. There is so much more that goes into it.

Look at Vick. He is only in the league because of talent. He has no leadership qualities. Bad accuracy. Cant stay healthy. Not to mention his off the field issues. The only thing he has done in the league is upset the Packers in a playoff game. No one ever says he shouldnt be a starter. Why? Because he has "talent".

Blaine Gabbert is the worst starting QB in the league and never throws a ball past 5 yards 90% of the time. His pocket awareness is terrible. He is scared to get hit. His completion % is terrible. Where is the outcry for him to get benched? Oh yeah "talent"

Why did Jamarcus Russell get 10 chances to start for the Raiders even though he sucked??? Yup "talent"

Why is Joe Flacco a starter? His team has the same offensive philosophy has the Broncos. Run the ball, control the clock, protect the ball, play solid special teams and play great defensively. So why arent people crying about Flacco being a starter??? Oh yeah he is 6'6 260lbs and can throw a ball 60 yards without trying. Once a guy is labeled with having "talent" then it brainwashes everyone in thinking a player is good.

Talent is over rated!!! Look at these players

Michael Jordan
Jerry Rice
Walter Payton
Joe Montana

None of them were very "talented" but did it matter? Nope!!! They are considered the best of all time because of their determination, attitude, leadership and just the desire to win and be great. Tebow has the same passion.

Kyle Orton can throw a football better than Tebow but he is not a better QB than Tebow. END OF STORY!!!

Now to the game. I thought Tebow looked pretty good today. He wasn't great but I think he played well enough for them to have a chance to win. The penalties and fumbles were killers. The defense couldnt cover anyone. Then when you gift wrap 20 points or so for the Pats its hard to win.

Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(12-19-2011, 02:13 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: Michael Jordan
Jerry Rice
Walter Payton
Joe Montana

None of them were very "talented" but did it matter?

Kyle Orton can throw a football better than Tebow but he is not a better QB than Tebow. END OF STORY!!!
Michael Jordan = very talented he jumped from the free throw line to dunk a ball.....................that is Extreme..........

Rice, Payton, Montana....................extremely talented.......

Orton is better then Tebow. Until I see something factual that proves otherwise. Michael Jordan not very talented........to funny lol.
- Collecting Navorro Bowman - http://tinyurl.com/bowmancollection
Total Cards = (236/349) 67%
Auto 59/83 Jersey 4/4