`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much would you pay for???

How much would you pay for???
So i was browsing through some auctions today and saw a couple really sweet jersey/auto Eli Manning cards..
The funny thing is the patches i can almost guarantee are bogus...
no card /350 or with a high print run (except the sp authentic) stuff would have NFL shields/ laundry tags ect.

just wanted to see what other collectors think about a few things

1) Would you be willing to pay for an autographed/jersey card in which you know the patch is bogus. If the patch looked great on the card? and the seller was honest about switching the patch.
2) How much would you be willing to pay?

After seeing that a game used jersey just means it was cut from one of 200 jersey's that player wore that day.. what does "game used" really mean.

I am not condoning what some of the sellers do. Escpecially when they claim that these cards are authentic and obviously they are not. That irritates the hell out of me and I cant stand these sellers, but if they were honest about the patch being switched and the card still looked great.... Would you buy it for the right price.

Is a sweet fake patch better than a crappy one colored piece of mesh jersey.. IDK. What do you think?

RE: How much would you pay for???
I wouldn't pay a premium for the fake patch over a single color mesh jersey, and in fact I would probably pay a lot less for it. It is nice if the seller states the cards have been modified, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it has been modified and is no longer the same card.
Collecting John Stockton, Karl Malone, Ivan Rodriguez, Gary Carter & UF player rookie year cards.  Plus Jedd Gyorko rookie and prospect cards.
Jedd Gyorko 2010-2013: Have 329/419 including 1/1s
Wantlist: http://sites.google.com/site/sportscardsite/set-needs/

RE: How much would you pay for???
(12-14-2011, 04:46 PM)djohn Wrote: I wouldn't pay a premium for the fake patch over a single color mesh jersey, and in fact I would probably pay a lot less for it. It is nice if the seller states the cards have been modified, but that doesn't detract from the fact that it has been modified and is no longer the same card.
I tend to agree with you, this was just fodder for discussion since lately I have seen so many bogus patches on ebay... I just wish the sellers would be honest and let people decide for themselves. When they go out an deceive people it makes me want to call them out. Some of these seller are either really ignorant or just liars/corrupt..