`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Poll: What condition will you place on your cards in organize for TRADING PURPOSES?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Enter as MINT
31.58%
6 31.58%
Enter as NRMT/MT*
52.63%
10 52.63%
Enter exact condition
15.79%
3 15.79%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Conditional pricing for TRADING Poll

Conditional pricing for TRADING Poll
"In the past, it was defaulted to MINT = 100% bv and we adjusted that downward to reflect what was in our magazines and other parts of our software. So the new correct default is NRMT/MT = 100% bv for new cards."

Okay, with the pricing set as nrmt/mt as 100% BV instead of mint as it was before the change, it causes some issues when trading with another member who has their condition set different than yours.

example-
nrmt/mt=100% high bv
mint = 110% high bv (% just an example)

What I mean is generally speaking most of us have entered our cards into organize as mint so the high bv shows when trading. Now we have some members listing their cards as nrmt/mt to show high bv and others still have them as mint showing high bv plus a bump for being above the standard of nrmt/mt.

I am leaning towards changing all my conditions to nrmt/mt.

What are you going to do in your organize as far as condition goes?
Please choose answer in poll above
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

RE: Conditional pricing for TRADING Poll
neither

keep it the old way, but when a card is inputted into ORG from OPG, it goes in as a default to the baseline era default, instead of just mint

im sorry, but this common bleeping sense

it does input at the baseline of nrmt/mt
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

Enter them all as mint, then let the collector adjust them as needed for condition.
Looking for all types of rookie cards. Only trade with a d/c #. If you have less than 25 trades you must ship first. Thanks.

[Image: 3sport.png]

Banner Thanks to CoolBrees.

Default to mint!!!
I collect most Chicago Bears, Adrian Peterson, Jerome Bettis, Devin Thomas, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders and Mike Piazza. I am always looking for a trade. Let me know what you got!!!

Oh yeah, Bear Down Chicago Bears!!

I dont think many of us are really great at examining for condition so I think it should be NMT/Mt, and let the user change it if needed. Also, I barely ever see a MINT/prestine card, so I always assume a card is NRMNT unless its graded. It would cause some confusion, being called Mint, since some people have different opinions on condition. And trading could get ugly with some members calling their cards Mint when another considers it less. The only true tell is grading. So I agree tha the default should be Nrmnt. Or the other option would be to have no default and let the collector choose what condition to put.

(12-10-2011, 01:08 PM)quavis Wrote: I dont think many of us are really great at examining for condition so I think it should be NMT/Mt, and let the user change it if needed. Also, I barely ever see a MINT/prestine card, so I always assume a card is NRMNT unless its graded. It would cause some confusion, being called Mint, since some people have different opinions on condition. And trading could get ugly with some members calling their cards Mint when another considers it less. The only true tell is grading. So I agree tha the default should be Nrmnt. Or the other option would be to have no default and let the collector choose what condition to put.
+ 1

we always put our card{s} as NMT/Mt

(12-10-2011, 01:03 PM)scollignon Wrote: Default to mint!!!
But how many collections have you seen out there with thousands and thousands of cards, all rated "Mint" because their owner never went in and changed them? It is frustrating as a trader to have someone rate his card as Mint, the price reflects such, I receive it in the mail, and I know I got the short end because I rated mine an honest "7". If I say my card is a "7", that is my best guess, and you can count on it when we trade. I would hope to expect the same, in all fairness.

JonathanI
I appreciate Chicago players that begin competing within the city's sports organizations and stay with these teams throughout their careers.