`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marinoisking

Marinoisking
(12-02-2011, 10:40 AM)fishtaco02 Wrote: its when you steal then sold something lol Smile
'like'!
[Image: 2thumbsUP.gif]
I like cards serial numbered 34/xx
[Image: RD1.jpg]
Still working on 2009 Topps Magic Autos

RE: DO NOT TRADE WITH Marinoisking
(11-30-2011, 02:14 PM)garnettfan4life Wrote: need some info here I have been waiting on a trader to ship my cards for almost a month he received my cards a few days after we completed the trade I don't come across people like this very often so any advice will help
Here are the details he posted on this thread.......

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1467765.html

I wouldn't be surpised to see a good trader go bad on this forum. I have seen it more often since the organize charges went into effect. Less traffic on these Beckett forums from a members' mass exodus to other trading forums has caused some good traders to give up here and cash in on the feedback they have built in the past.

A month is kind of long if there has been no communication or no good explaination, don't you think?

MY PHOTOBUCKET
LOOKING FOR....
NO MORE 1993-94 Finest Refractors / THE SET IS COMPLETED!!!

not really alot of info, but would be nice to see the op speak up...now as far as what you've said in "good" traders go bad, it happens more often then not unfortunately...karma is a beach and will come back and get someone..i do think a month is overly excessive to wait especially if it's this member who seems to post daily
(12-02-2011, 11:04 AM)got watcha want Wrote: Here are the details he posted on this thread.......

http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1467765.html

I wouldn't be surpised to see a good trader go bad on this forum. I have seen it more often since the organize charges went into effect. Less traffic on these Beckett forums from a members' mass exodus to other trading forums has caused some good traders to give up here and cash in on the feedback they have built in the past.

A month is kind of long if there has been no communication or no good explaination, don't you think?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(12-02-2011, 10:20 AM)garnettfan4life Wrote: Do Not Trade With Marinoisking he stold my cards and lied to me
This is just a warning for all the honest traders out there!
You really should get with me before posting call outs- send me the info on the trade and his address. Then he goes on the looking for these members thread if he doesnt reply but Im sure he will- he spends alot of time on here.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

(12-02-2011, 11:28 AM)floydtown Wrote: You really should get with me before posting call outs- send me the info on the trade and his address. Then he goes on the looking for thesemembers thread.
no reason to look for him he is on everyday all day

Then he should reply to this trader- he hasnt been on since the 30th but Im sure its just a communication problem as marinoisking is a good trader.
Beckett.Moderator.Floydtown@gmail.com
TOS

[Image: florida-gators.gif]
U.S. Army-Retired
Member since 10-04-1997 (#113)

RE: Marinoisking
If he spent half as much time trying to make right on his promises as he did posting on here (What is he up to now 3,000 posts in 4 months?) then no one would have an issue with him.

I personally won't trade with him again.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

I know the guy is a college student and travels between his parents and school alot. Hopefully its just something like the cards are at home and he is in school. Hope this gets straighten out. He seems like a good guy.
[Image: NJbm45f.png]
Sold Out. Save a few cards. Pick up only what I have to have.
Banner By jbel4331

These are the details of my trade gone wrong with him..... You make the call.

Our trade was a small trade. "4 cards from me" "2 from him" My 4 were 2 Alstott inserts, a Marino insert and a #/150 Peyton parallel. His was a Chris Johnson base card and a James Harrison #/199 . Total BV on my end 12.75 total BV on his end 7.25. Additionally I agreed to give him all the rest of the Marino/Dolphins and anything else I might feel like including. He agreed to this "yea I still need several base of all 4 of my guys. but yea dude I tons of Steelers and several CJ's if you want u can just accept the trade as it is if your ok with it" and I will just throw in a few extra steelers and CJ base and if you run into any Marino Manning,Alstott,or Hartlines you can toss a few in for me....that work for you?"

I accepted the trade 10/26 and sent them off on 10/29 (Why 3 days? simple I work 45 hours a week and am enrolled in 17 credit hours...but we will get to that later. He marked his shipped on the 30th.

On the 7th of November I sent him a message asking if he had received my end yet, because I hadn't heard from him, and had recently had an issue with soemone not getting their freebie package. I also stated that it seemed like the mail had been taking a long time,This is his response on the 7th. "Dude the mail has been taking forever EVERYWHERE lol but yea I got it I think 2 days ago....sorry man I have just been SWAMPED....Yours is on the way as well my friend...I will do ur feedback now before I forget haha"

So wait? It hasn't even been sent yet? You have received my end, Which included at least 30 RCs and inserts, nothing crazy but you get where I am going. More so you have been SWAMPED but you had posted 100 plus messages on the board since accepting the terms of our trade. Swamped is an excuse I get....I really do understand given my schedule. That still didn't stop me from taking 5 minutes out of my day to make right on a promise I said I would. .....

Continuing the story....

On the 15th (1 week after our last exchange) I messaged him asking what the deal was I still hadn't seen it yet. I wasn't trying to come off as obsessive, but was obviously bothered by the duration involved in such a little trade. His reply "yea bro I sent awhile back...I think all the other ones I sent out that day have been received for a few days now...Do you like in Alaska? I remember sending one to Alaska..maybe that could be the issue."

So on the 16th my card came. I sent him the following PM.

Hey man I hope you are doing well. I am writing you to let you know that a couple hours after sending you that message your package came in the mail. I have to admit I am a little disappointed.

Firstly I messaged you today asking you about an ETA on my package ONLY because you had marked your as being shipped on the 30th. The postmark on my envelope says Nov. 10. As I have said before I am not an overly impatient guy. I don't mind waiting on the USPS. I do mind you telling me that it had been shipped when it clearly did not get shipped until 5 days after you received your end. (You stated on the 7th that you had received it 2 days ago.) I am honest and expect others to be honest with me...Leading me to my next point.

Granted our trade was a small one but it was a trade nonetheless. A trade with agreed upon terms. Obviously the terms of our trade were in black and white. My 4 cards BV 12 and some change your 2 cards BV 7.25. However, we also agreed to throw in extra cards for each other. I believe that I threw in enough to fill a snap case full of RCs inserts and some base. Now I was not expecting to be wowed or freebied to death. But I was expecting to receive some Steelers and CJ base as you said you would include, not a single (1) Chris Johnson base card Where are the Steelers???. It would be one thing for you to have sent such a sorry "assortment" of base cards from all the thousands you had lying around if we both sent our packages at the same time and you had no idea I was going to include so many extras. But in this case you knew what I sent you, and yet you still deemed it fair to send me just these 3 cards. I don't expect handouts. And I certainly don't expect someone to go out of their way to do something for me, I do however expect fairness.

I clearly stated in the terms of our trade "whatever you think is fair." I now see what your idea of fair is. More over you mailed them in a PWE without a single toploader.....I mailed to you in a Bubble Mailer (sure it was a recycled and taped together one, but it was padded protection none the less.) I know I sent the Peyton in a Toploader....I don't understand why you couldn't extend the same courtesy to me, or even re use the one I sent you?

As I said I am very disappointed in the way this trade went. I don't expect you will remedy this. I just figured I would share my thoughts and opinions with you. Based on this experience I wold not recommend you to anyone else.

Thanks,
Kenny

His reply....and the last I have heard from him.

"Honestly man I have done so many 10 dollar and less trades in the past month and a half I loose track of them....I thought I sent urs with the batch I sent the day I told you...but it must have been the next batch I sent out...I am a full time student and also work full time and the way my schedule works I can only get to the post office on certain days.
The post office isnt open when I start my day and its closed before the thought of coming home has entered my mind so it really is my mistake.
You can ask anybody I trade with....I always send a ton of extras and send on time.
I must have just pulled up the invoice and seen the cards in the trade and sent those and the only reason there was probably even one extra was bc I probably just found it when I was digging the one from the trade out.

I Always use PWE on base card trades unless the total value minus freebies is over 25 bucks....then it goes into a bubble mailer and DC

It truly was on honest mistake....I will send you out some Steelers cards when I make my post office visit in the next couple days."

His response is laden with contradictions. You can ask anyone I always send on time and include extras, this time I must have just looked at the invoice though....the invoice that you are too busy to look at because you have done so many hundreds of trades.......

Give me a break.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

Not to sound negative, cause I am not like that, but this part of the reason why I wont trade at all. I have had trade offers before for stuff I have posted. Almost wanted to accept some. But first didn't know the rules on trading and if you have to pay to trade and other things like that, but also questioned doing it because I did not want to lose cards to someone. Not saying that they aren't some very trustful people on here, cause I can tell that there is and for the most part you can tell who you can trust on here. But seeing examples of trades gone wrong like this and the huge list of bad traders...doesn't really interest me to trade as much or if at all. I mostly use the forum to see what others pull or have for collections and share what I pull and my collection. Hopefully this will get figured out between all traders involved.