`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 Certified and Black Friday packs!! MOJO!!

2010 Certified and Black Friday packs!! MOJO!!
Went to the local LCS today to get a box of Certified. It has been probably six months since I broke a box. I am generally a pretty good customer, so the owner had some Black Friday packs left and he gave em to me. He said he gave em all away, and there way not any hits. My four were no different. I opened those first. I got:

Ricky Stanzi Elite RC
Patrick Peterson Elite RC
Terrell Pryor Prestige NFL Draft
Down and Distance Julio Jones
Base cards of Ray Rice and Calvin Johnson
and two hockey cards..

Now for the box of Certified.

I got three rookies: Stefan Wisinewski, Cameron Jordan and Jonas Mouton. I thought there were suppossed to be 5 rookies per box, but whatever.

I got two Certified potentials /999, Colin Kaepernick and Jamie Harper.

I got two paralells, Steve Smith red /250 and Dhani Jones Gold /25.

Now the hits...

I opened the first pack... I saw that there was no dummy, so I peeked to see the name. It was Tom Brady. I then checked the numbering, it was /100. Well, I knew for sure that it wasn't an auto or prime, but still a good looking card:

Photobucket

Very next pack, I hit a rookie auto. Not any of the major players, but it was a blue variation /100. At this point, I started to get a sick feeling in my stomach. It has been my experience that with cards like this and the Brady, that my boxes usually end up being pretty blah. Regardless, here it is:

Photobucket

Another pack had nothing. Forth pack opened contained a hit. It was thicker, and I looked at the name: Colin Kaepernick. I said, ok, it is the Freshman Fabric, and I guess if that is my big hit, I can be happy with it. Checked the numbering, it was /250. Hmmm.. Doesn't some like FF #ering. Flipped it over:

Photobucket

Five packs in a row after that yielded pretty much nothing. Some parallels and inserts. With the final pack on the table, I felt like I was about to get a redemption or shorted a hit by Panini, because that wouldn't be a suprise right? So I opened the pack up and saw it wasnt a dummy or redemption. I saw the name, I said NICE, I turned it over and saw four panels and a prime jersey, I looked at the numbering and said WOOHOO:

Photobucket

OK, I am happy. Super psyched about the Locker, no question about it. I am really torn about keeping it or moving it. I have wanted a Locker for some time now, but this may truly be more than I want. I guess I'm going to hold onto it for a bit unless I get a crazy offer either paypal or trade.

Thanks for looking!

RE: 2010 Certified and Black Friday packs!! MOJO!!
not bad at all. definitely couldve been worse. i've seen some breaks on youtube that i wouldve been upset to have bought the box. yours i'd have been ok with
PC Collections Josh Morgan, Tim Tebow, Brock Marion and Derek Anderson

Very Nice Box! Is it numbered to 5? or higher? I was lucky in my box too.

(11-28-2011, 03:05 PM)magneto2 Wrote: Very Nice Box! Is it numbered to 5? or higher? I was lucky in my box too.
It's /25.. I could only wish it was /5!

(11-28-2011, 03:11 PM)nickfromcwe Wrote: It's /25.. I could only wish it was /5!
Very nice Locker, Like the Wilson as well being a Saints fan.