`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
OT: The Post Office and the Future of the Trading World

OT: The Post Office and the Future of the Trading World
With the Post Office in the hole it's in, what is the future of trading? If it were to close down we would have to rely on private businesses like FedEx or UPS to deliever. I can see them pushing up prices if the P.O. were to close, only making it hard to trade. The next few years may change a lot to our trading card world. What do you guys think?
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

RE: OT: The Post Office and the Future of the Trading World
good riddance to the postal criminals.
collecting anything and everything PACKERS

photo 609651aa-718b-4ed0-b1dc-6e16747e7527_zps718a33ab.jpg

(11-16-2011, 10:43 AM)philly eagle in az Wrote: With the Post Office in the hole it's in, what is the future of trading? If it were to close down we would have to rely on private businesses like FedEx or UPS to deliever. I can see them pushing up prices if the P.O. were to close, only making it hard to trade. The next few years may change a lot to our trading card world. What do you guys think?
i see them raising prices 50% at least.. they wont shut down,we all know this..and nobody will force them to reform their business practices...
we are gonna pay
simple
2007 FotG NFL Prime 130/133
2009 FotG NFL Prime 66/90
2010 FotG NFL Prime 103/103
DONE
http://s877.photobucket.com/user/sto66/l...ECUT%20SET
2011 Playbook Prime 68/95

So it will in fact change the way we trade! I wont be doing as many trades in the prices go up. Buyers on the net will most likely slow down because people will not want to add more $ for shipping. Hopefully this is make Shops and Card Shows more popular!
Collecting Jimmer Fredette.

I get pretty passionate about this topic. We thank the military, firefighters, police men and women everyday which is a great thing and we should by all means but we never say thank you to the people who mail our packages or pick up our garbage or teach our kids. Am I being over dramatic? Perhaps but we cant allow the USPS to go under. Its nice knowing that our mail (man or woman) will deliver our mail daily despite snow, rain, ice, cold temps or hot temps. Maybe im off on an island but the USPS and its employees need help and for anyone here to say they "suck" because one of our packages gets damaged or doesnt show up in two days is completely immature and irresponsible IMO.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(11-16-2011, 11:14 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I get pretty passionate about this topic. We thank the military, firefighters, police men and women everyday which is a great thing and we should by all means but we never say thank you to the people who mail our packages or pick up our garbage or teach our kids. Am I being over dramatic? Perhaps but we cant allow the USPS to go under. Its nice knowing that our mail (man or woman) will deliver our mail daily despite snow, rain, ice, cold temps or hot temps. Maybe im off on an island but the USPS and its employees need help and for anyone here to say they "suck" because one of our packages gets damaged or doesnt show up in two days is completely immature and irresponsible IMO.

+1
Would people even thank the military and firefighters etc....if it weren't engrained in our culture and society? People also never thank restaurant employees. The people who take your coat, set a table for you, prepare you a meal, and then clean up the mess.

I feel like the Postal Service isn't going to go away just that prices are going to have to be dramatically hiked to keep it afloat and to keep paying retirement benefits.
[Image: steel-1.jpg]
Collecting Greenwood, Woodley, and other Steelers. Also collecting 1993 Pacific Prisms (Check my org for set needs)

My Bucket:
http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j389/kennycooks/

military and police and fire PROTECT all of us while putting their LIVES on the line. Call the USPS, waiter/waitress, garbage man etc a thankless job, but dont put it in the same category as the others.
Looking for all Kirby Puckett I do not have! Have 805 unique Puckett cards, rest listed as wants.

(11-16-2011, 12:11 PM)charbs1111 Wrote: military and police and fire PROTECT all of us while putting their LIVES on the line. Call the USPS, waiter/waitress, garbage man etc a thankless job, but dont put it in the same category as the others.
All I meant is dont undervalue the people who deliver packages to us daily. Its not about who is more important or more valuable. Everyone plays a role in society. Its just dont hate the USPS because your precious piece of cardboard doesnt show up in pristine condition and within 48 hours. My rant isnt to diminish anyone else which Im sure everyone can see. Its about respecting everyone. Thats all.
Unique Cards:
Dolphins - 6000+
Marino - 2140
Zach Thomas - 869
Jason Taylor - 749
Lamar Miller - 341

(11-16-2011, 11:14 AM)bakerman8419 Wrote: I get pretty passionate about this topic. We thank the military, firefighters, police men and women everyday which is a great thing and we should by all means but we never say thank you to the people who mail our packages or pick up our garbage or teach our kids. Am I being over dramatic? Perhaps but we cant allow the USPS to go under. Its nice knowing that our mail (man or woman) will deliver our mail daily despite snow, rain, ice, cold temps or hot temps. Maybe im off on an island but the USPS and its employees need help and for anyone here to say they "suck" because one of our packages gets damaged or doesnt show up in two days is completely immature and irresponsible IMO.
Main problem i see is the fact that those postal workers make more money than everybody else you mentioned.Is there really any reason for counter clerks or delivery drivers to make $25-30+ /hr?The outrageous wages that postal workers are payed is a big part of the deficit the PO is in now.Delivery drivers should NEVER make more than people who put their lives at risk every day.

Thanks Ironman71635
[Image: hillis.jpg]
I collect Felix Jones,Darren Mcfadden,D.J. Williams (Arkansas TE),Ryan Mallett,and Mike Alstott. Peyton Hillis Super-collector 273/375 73% complete and looking for more.

I can see the post office going to all P.O. Boxes or cluster boxes. It would lessen the chances of theft and injuries.
[Image: cbeg-2.jpg]
http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b21/Da...or%20Sale/
Chris Henry Collection Items:811/423 MEM:307/152 AUTO:395/175 Ser #'d:711/343 RC:38/37