`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
I just dont get it...

I just dont get it...
I understand the fascination everyone has for 1/1 cards, and I can understand paying top dollar for these types of cards but the Cam Newton Topps Chrome Superfractor auto 1/1 is now up to 6 Thousand dollars with 9 days left. ... Yes he is showing signs of being a POTENTIALLY great QB, and yes he is extremely hot, but this card is already at 6k and likely IMO going to go for close to 10k or higher. Why? there are more than 1 different cam Newtons rookie autos numbered to 1 and none are asking for this amount. Come on... I just cant understand people willing to fork out this kind of money for 1 CARD.. Anyone remember the Strasburg Superfractor. 2 months later he has Tommy John surgery. I'm just saying I can think of a thousand (make that 10 thousand reasons why I wouldnt spend that kind of money on a hope that he becomes great and pray he doesnt get hurt.... Just wanted to see what are your opinions...

RE: I just dont get it...
someone could be doing a rainbow and these cards are relatively rare in terms of scarcity. Personally, I'd spend that kind of dough on other stuff far more important then cardboard
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

(11-15-2011, 04:56 PM)diablo71 Wrote: Anyone remember the Strasburg Superfractor. 2 months later he has Tommy John surgery. I'm just saying I can think of a thousand (make that 10 thousand reasons why I wouldnt spend that kind of money on a hope that he becomes great and pray he doesnt get hurt....
Bam! That's my only fear. He's not superman if he's hurt....Thats why I only collect proven players Smile

Looking for Urlacher 1/1s, and 2000 Rookie Year Cards (especially BGS/PSA)
Also looking for Devin Hester 1/1s & Supercollecting Lance Briggs!

(11-15-2011, 04:58 PM)ft28jags Wrote: someone could be doing a rainbow and these cards are relatively rare in terms of scarcity. Personally, I'd spend that kind of dough on other stuff far more important then cardboard
ditto on that....but I would say the person forking over the 10k on that Cam has more money than he knows what to do with.
10K would get you a pretty nice car.....or could build and INSANE PC...but on just one card of a player that has half a season and what 2 wins? under his belt. This guy just has to much money....or not enough sense (no pun)

(11-15-2011, 04:58 PM)ft28jags Wrote: someone could be doing a rainbow and these cards are relatively rare in terms of scarcity. Personally, I'd spend that kind of dough on other stuff far more important then cardboard

I agree, I have quite a list of items i would like to purchase and i could get them all for less then one peice of cardboard and some ink Smile

Could you imagine watching one of his games after forking out that kind of money and seeing a Patrick Willis or Demarcus Ware laying him out Smile Ouch!! I think i would have a panic attack.

Only card I would consider forking over such a large amount of cash MAYBE would be for a nice 52 Topps MAntle.. A) because i am a huge yanks fan and B) The card is the face of Baseball card collecting

Hey as a seller, im not gonna complain heheWink
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

People just have too much money...I have a family member that just have money falling out of his ears...idk why not just donate it to charity or share it with your family ( saying that because he didnt even give me a graduation present lol...not even a congrats...yet he has 3 porsches and a bentley...some people just like to spend
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS

(11-15-2011, 05:09 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: Hey as a seller, im not gonna complain heheWink
Don't get me wrong, I would take the money in a heartbeat Smile I may feel bad (let me think about that) nehhhhhh!!! If someone has that kind of money to fork out as was stated earlier in the thread... money apparently is not an issue.
(11-15-2011, 05:23 PM)chads-cards Wrote: People just have too much money...I have a family member that just have money falling out of his ears...idk why not just donate it to charity or share it with your family ( saying that because he didnt even give me a graduation present lol...not even a congrats...yet he has 3 porsches and a bentley...some people just like to spend
At least he could have got you a few nice Colberts Smile
That is OK about your graduation, i got stiffed by some well to do people at that came to my wedding, so dont feel too bad HAHAHA

to each their own but put your hats on this, the person that is spending that much money on that card prolly doesnt care about the player or the collecting as a hobby, just trying to turn a profit and thats it
[Image: supbullcoc1.jpg]

Collection Completion
GU - 131
AU - 219
1/1 - 25
total - 478
478/858 55.710/100%

(11-15-2011, 05:25 PM)diablo71 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I would take the money in a heartbeat Smile I may feel bad (let me think about that) nehhhhhh!!! If someone has that kind of money to fork out as was stated earlier in the thread... money apparently is not an issue.

At least he could have got you a few nice Colberts Smile
That is OK about your graduation, i got stiffed by some well to do people at that came to my wedding, so dont feel too bad HAHAHA
Seriously why are people so greedy!!!! I wasnt asking for muh but atleast a hand shake and a congrats...hes the kind of person that doesnt know its your bday until hes invited to the party. But yeah id be pissed if I got stiffed at my wedding.
[Image: kc.png]

THE KEARY COLBERT HOARD NOW HAS OVER 500 DIFFERENT CARDS!
& MORE THAN 1500+ WITH 500+ AUTOS