Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whats next for sports cards?

Whats next for sports cards?
Good morning ladies and gents.
Just a quick question posed to the collector base.

What will the future of cards be?

The last few years have really seen the explosion of patches, autos etc. Before that, there wasnt much of that. Cards being numbered etc.

So whats next? Vials of sweat in the card>? DNA cards?
Where do you go from here? Personally i think its crazy that they will come out with the exact same card one numbered to 1, one to 10, one to 15, one to 50, one to 100, one to 500, etc.. thats pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

What do you folks think the future will bring?
Link to my sportscard website is listed below... Every auto, patch, jersey, etc is scanned and listed.

http://sportscards.t15.org/

RE: Whats next for sports cards?
don't forget the used jock strap card as a potential insert since you went down the dna road! there's isn't alot per say they can do new in terms of game used imo
(11-14-2011, 09:37 AM)dunginhawk Wrote: Good morning ladies and gents.
Just a quick question posed to the collector base.

What will the future of cards be?

The last few years have really seen the explosion of patches, autos etc. Before that, there wasnt much of that. Cards being numbered etc.

So whats next? Vials of sweat in the card>? DNA cards?
Where do you go from here? Personally i think its crazy that they will come out with the exact same card one numbered to 1, one to 10, one to 15, one to 50, one to 100, one to 500, etc.. thats pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

What do you folks think the future will bring?
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

There are still quite a few things they can do as far as innovation and utilizing creative ideas, but one of the more recent ones is the video cards. They look similar to game boys or ipods but about card sized and thick. Has a lil video of the player, probably will have some highlight reels and maybe a lil word from the player him/herself.

I like what panini gold standard is doing this year. They are embedding diamonds and gold bullion pieces into their cards. Someone should go ahead and use different gems and make maybe a Gems of the Game set. The possibilities are endless if you just open you mind, listen to some chuck berry or van halen and just let your mind roam the ever landsSmile
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

How about a redemption card for a Super Bowl ring made for you for that year just like the team???
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

Hemp cards maybe? Can't think of anyone they could feature on those.....
[Image: 2a1aA.jpg]

Already done by collectors edge I believe with the diamonds on cards
(11-14-2011, 02:29 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: There are still quite a few things they can do as far as innovation and utilizing creative ideas, but one of the more recent ones is the video cards. They look similar to game boys or ipods but about card sized and thick. Has a lil video of the player, probably will have some highlight reels and maybe a lil word from the player him/herself.

I like what panini gold standard is doing this year. They are embedding diamonds and gold bullion pieces into their cards. Someone should go ahead and use different gems and make maybe a Gems of the Game set. The possibilities are endless if you just open you mind, listen to some chuck berry or van halen and just let your mind roam the ever landsSmile
My Flickr

I'm not fond of wasting my time with folks who can't bother replying to trades or pms. If I don't reply, you're probably on the ignore list.

I think a peice of the kickoff coin would be a pretty cool idea. For example, a peice of the super bowl coin used for the coin-flip at the opening of the game.
Collecting Jaiquawn Jarrett and Jeremy Maclin
Jaiquawn Jarrett - 36/40 90%
[Image: THgDe-1.gif]
[Image: Trotter1-1.jpg]

(11-14-2011, 09:48 PM)ieagles Wrote: I think a peice of the kickoff coin would be a pretty cool idea. For example, a peice of the super bowl coin used for the coin-flip at the opening of the game.
Maybe the WHOLE coin on a card???Wink
JAXON SHIPLEY SUPER COLLECTOR-PAYPAL ALWAYS AVAILABLE!!!Big Grin

(11-14-2011, 11:00 PM)superynaldo Wrote: Maybe the WHOLE coin on a card???Wink
That would be awesome. Like a 1/1 coin card for the Super Bowl MVP of the season. In either NT, Exquisite, or Five Star.
Collecting Jaiquawn Jarrett and Jeremy Maclin
Jaiquawn Jarrett - 36/40 90%
[Image: THgDe-1.gif]
[Image: Trotter1-1.jpg]

a high-mid end set with no friggin rookie hits in it would be amazing