Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 boxes of showcase 2011
Thumbs Up 
2 boxes of showcase 2011
I couldn't wait for my "complete the set" prize box from presspass so I pulled the trigger on 2 boxes of showcase. How did I do?

Box 1
Base cards #499 of Penske racing,Denny Hamlin, Tony Stewart, David Ragan, Kyle Bush and Dale Sr.

Base Parallel # 125 of Carl Edward and Denny Hamlin

Acetate cards # 499 of Terry Labonte, jeff Gordon and a Showroom of Dale Jr.'s 88

Race Used

Champions Matt Kenseth 2 cl. patch #33/45

Masterpiece Dual of Kyle Bush (2cl firesuit and 3cl. sheetmetal) #21/99

Prized pieces Ink of The King Richard Petty ( swatch is dual stitched down the center) #10/25 ,Personally I believe he has the best autograph of any sports personality,you can read his entire name not just some scribble.

Box 2

Base cards #499 of Ned Jarrett, Lee Petty, Joe Gibbs racing, Kasey Kahne, Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth , elite exhibits of Kurt Bush and Kasey Kahne.

Base parallels #125 of Lee Petty and Ryan newman

Acate cards of Tony Stewart and a showroom of Carl Edwards #499 & a Showroom of Dale Sr. #124/125
Race Used

Champions Richard Petty #38/45 ( again stitched down the middle)

Classic collections Dual of Kasey Kahne and Brian Vickers #02/99 ( both dual cl. sheet metal)

and the AUTO
A REDEMPTION Sad
for A masterpieces Ink Gold card of
Dale Jr. Smile

so what do you guys think? personally I am beginning to like busting NASCAR more than BaseBall ( I got a Box of Triple Threads in a trade and even though it had a sick 3 cl. patch x3 ) both the hits were scrub players value on the box is probably $50 and I gave up over $200 worth of cards)

I can't wait for my Prize Pack of Showcase to show up if it comes in today I will post it tonight
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x456/scampbell379/
I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

RE: 2 boxes of showcase 2011
Man great box would love to see scans
[Image: marksig1.jpg]
STAN MIKITA CUP FOUNDATIONS
MATT SMABY CUP PRINTING PLATES

BUCKET LINK

(10-25-2011, 04:53 PM)alstott9adams Wrote: Man great box would love to see scans
have a meeting in salem won't be back till late but will try to get them in Photobuckett except the Jr. redemption that went right in the mail any idea what the Gold is # too

I collect Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken and Stan Musial in base ball and all the OFF Roaders in NASCAR, and bust FB every now and then but no emotional attachment to any of the hits i pull if some thing catches your eye let me know

I don't think you will ever get tired of breaking Nascar boxes. I use to collect all sports but got sick of always getting no name players as my hits. You have a way bigger chance of scoring a top driver since there are way fewer drivers than players in any sport. Those were some sweet boxes!!!! Congrats
Also i believe the Jr auto will be #'d /10 or /25
Collecting all Travis Pastrana. Also Bobby Labonte autos and race used

[Image: travis.jpg]

My Bucket: http://s325.photobucket.com/albums/k390/dprissel/

Great breaks! Did you forget to list a card from box 1 though? Congrats on some sweet pulls!
Also, I may be biased but I think there is another sports personality with the greatest signature. The King's is really nice, but I prefer this AU:

[Image: 09SP-LegendaryCuts-OzzieAU.jpg]

I have 4 items with his AU and all are completely readable and look great on each item. Smile

(10-26-2011, 12:54 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: Great breaks! Did you forget to list a card from box 1 though? Congrats on some sweet pulls!
Also, I may be biased but I think there is another sports personality with the greatest signature. The King's is really nice, but I prefer this AU:

[Image: 09SP-LegendaryCuts-OzzieAU.jpg]

I have 4 items with his AU and all are completely readable and look great on each item. Smile
you are definitely right Ozzie is another sweet sig. what I like about the Wiz is how he dots the "i" above and below . Ii met ozzie several times .I got him to sign a promo poster the Padres gave way the year before they traded him because he didn't have one , he had the printing plate from it but not the poster I gave him 10 or 15 of them and he signed one for me ( perk of working security on the field for the padres) when he came to town working for fox during the 98 world series he remembered me and signed a ball on the sweet spot and threw it to me as he was headed to the press box , I didn't even ask for it he called my by name and said " this will go great with that poster" definitely a class ACT. by the way my showcase box from presspass didn't show up today maybe tomorrow but I did score a JJ masterpieces Dual fire suit and sheet metal while I was down in salem going to load up the breaks in photobuckett and will include that one,

(10-26-2011, 01:13 AM)tonygwynnandcalripke Wrote: you are definitely right Ozzie is another sweet sig. what I like about the Wiz is how he dots the "i" above and below . Ii met ozzie several times .I got him to sign a promo poster the Padres gave way the year before they traded him because he didn't have one , he had the printing plate from it but not the poster I gave him 10 or 15 of them and he signed one for me ( perk of working security on the field for the padres) when he came to town working for fox during the 98 world series he remembered me and signed a ball on the sweet spot and threw it to me as he was headed to the press box , I didn't even ask for it he called my by name and said " this will go great with that poster" definitely a class ACT. by the way my showcase box from presspass didn't show up today maybe tomorrow but I did score a JJ masterpieces Dual fire suit and sheet metal while I was down in salem going to load up the breaks in photobuckett and will include that one,
GREAT STORY, Shawn!!! I have never been fortunate enough to meet him. As an STL fan in NC, and the fact that he retired the same year I graduated from HS, I never even got to see him play in person. I did get to go to the HOF to see his plaque, but it was 3 yrs. after his induction.
Congrats on the JJ Dual. I can't wait to see it.

(10-26-2011, 01:33 AM)spazmatastic Wrote: GREAT STORY, Shawn!!! I have never been fortunate enough to meet him. As an STL fan in NC, and the fact that he retired the same year I graduated from HS, I never even got to see him play in person. I did get to go to the HOF to see his plaque, but it was 3 yrs. after his induction.
Congrats on the JJ Dual. I can't wait to see it.
scan is in photobuckett

I would be interested in a trade for both Kenseth cards.

(10-26-2011, 02:14 AM)litaismyqueen Wrote: I would be interested in a trade for both Kenseth cards.
PM me have a couple duplicates from fanfare too trying to put the master set together just got a price guide today so now I know BV sorry can't afford the on line guide yet but will have to get one to start a trading list lol