`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ot- Open trade offers

ot- Open trade offers
I was wondering how long people leave trade offers open before they cancel the trade. Like all, I receive and make offers for trades all the time. Some respond sooner than others and some go up to days without responding but sign in. Now i don't know about you but when I sign in,one of the first things i check is the trade section. Then its off to the forums. Sometimes I can't help to think that people aren't interested so rather than say it and decline they just leave it until you cancel yourself. I was wondering how long do you leave offers open before cancelling? If I see the person hasn't been on in a few days, i'll usually go 3 days. I normally do 24 hrs for active members. Maybe its just me,but if you are on forums and signed in,why not take a second to respond or atleast take 20 seconds to say,i'll check you soon. Not making personal attacks, just wondering if I'm in the wrong and maybe my 24hr limit should be raised.
[Image: ge_zpse4f470b2.jpg]
Wanted: Indians, Cavs, Rookies, Inserts,Lebron and Kyrie.

RE: ot- Open trade offers
I check in a see when they log in as well. I generally leave them 5-7 days assuming someone has been on. It is a card I really want I will send them a PM as well.
Royals Super Collector; PC's of Paul Splittorff, George Brett, Mike Sweeney

As long as there's correspondence, usually a few days, a week topps.
Looking to complete the 2013 Archives Mets fan favorite Au's (Just need Ron Darling) and 2014 Topps Gypsy Queen set mini base + SPs. Also working on 2015 Topps Chrome and updates. Please note that if you have less than 15 trades, I ask that you send first.

I'm looking for the Phelps card right now.
If you really want the card, send a pm along with the offer or the next day. That's what I do. I just let offers sit if that person has the only card available for trade. None of us are under any obligation to respond in a timely manner when a trade is offered. Timely communication is appreciated when trades are active, though again, we are not under any pressure to always shoot pm's back and forth. That seems like work. My job requires me to be available as soon as the phone rings. My hobby is the opposite of that. (Unless money is involved). You can have your own guidelines regarding communication and trades but they are yours and not anyone else. To each his own. Now back to looking for that Cord card.

(10-05-2011, 01:19 PM)randall617 Wrote: I'm looking for the Phelps card right now.
If you really want the card, send a pm along with the offer or the next day. That's what I do. I just let offers sit if that person has the only card available for trade. None of us are under any obligation to respond in a timely manner when a trade is offered. Timely communication is appreciated when trades are active, though again, we are not under any pressure to always shoot pm's back and forth. That seems like work. My job requires me to be available as soon as the phone rings. My hobby is the opposite of that. (Unless money is involved). You can have your own guidelines regarding communication and trades but they are yours and not anyone else. To each his own. Now back to looking for that Cord card.
haha. I get what you are saying. I just think if people put items to trade in their trade folder then they should be ready to get responses.I'm not saying you have minutes to respond to the offer. I also feel that if you don't communicate in a timely matter then that person shouldn't accept trades. How long should a guy wait for a response, a day,a week or two weeks. I wouldn't want my hobby to seem like my job either but if i'm selling or trading on here,I take a second to communicate. Again I have no problem waiting if they atleast send me a message or something.

I am gonna be unloading some indian autos that i no longer want. If interested,i'll shoot you the list.

I used to let them sit and sit sometimes for up to 2 weeks if I really, really needed the items. However, now I only go 4 days. I don't ever check to see if someone's logged in. But if they haven't responded or at least put up a message in the 4 days, the trade is canceled.

This is one of the things that makes the most mad on this site.

Really people? You can't take 10 seconds to make a comment that you're interested and will be a couple of days getting a chance to look at the trade or decline the trade if you aren't interested. I mean, it takes less than 15 seconds to do either one.

It's just people being lazy. If someone doesn't respond within a couple of days with at least a message, then I cancel the trade and they go on my blocked trader list. I absolutely can't stand this practice.

It really pisses me off. Can you tell it pisses me off?

I can tell. Haha. What bothers me is when I send an offer, and they cancel. They don't say why, they just cancel. If I knew why, like maybe I had nothing for them. Maybe I will buy, or try and find something for them
Hockey PC's: Tomas Tatar, Alexander Burmistrov, Boris Valabik, Zach Bogosian
Football PC's: Titus Young, Jimmy Smith, Ed Dickson, Michael Oher, Flacco/Rice and Manningham/Henne dual cards.
Always gone Thur-Sun
[Image: NUC-1.png]

I have open offers to others that are over four months old. If it is a card that I really want, I will leave it open until I find another one and hope that one day they get back on the site.

(10-05-2011, 03:06 PM)crazyforkinsler5 Wrote: This is one of the things that makes the most mad on this site.

Really people? You can't take 10 seconds to make a comment that you're interested and will be a couple of days getting a chance to look at the trade or decline the trade if you aren't interested. I mean, it takes less than 15 seconds to do either one.

It's just people being lazy. If someone doesn't respond within a couple of days with at least a message, then I cancel the trade and they go on my blocked trader list. I absolutely can't stand this practice.

It really pisses me off. Can you tell it pisses me off?
This is why I just leave them open for ever and ever and ever. I never cancel a trade offer that I send. It does not bother me one bit to have 150 open trades but I know it REALLY bothers some so I just force a response out of them by never canceling the trade. I, however, am courteous enough to cancel offers that come my way when I cant find anything I want. Usually leaving a message saying, "Sorry, didnt see anything I like". My God folks, he is RIGHT!! It really takes two seconds. Maybe four depending on your typing skill level.

As for people who havent logged on, I dont check that either but they stay left open because there are quite a few members here that have cards I really really need and may not find elsewhere. So I hope someday they log in, see my offer and still have the card.

LF 1934/1936 Diamond Stars
&
05 Turkey Red SPs
13 Turkey Red
12 Archives Au's
12 Archives Gold
13 Finest Master Set
Ginter mini Snakes/Fortunes/Beards/Hats/Bikes

It would be cool if the trade option had a column for trades in progress and a seprate column for trade offers. Not all mixed in one page. I think it would be alittle easier but when you have alot of trades and sent trade offers on one page, sometimes you have to skip pages to find that trader to mark items received. So i'd say better organizing would help. Another thing- I don't think you should leave a message, I myself have left some but there were some that I didn't. When you cancel a trade with someone they give you a list of reasons. I think this is good enough. I don't get upset if someone ends a trade and don't leave a message with their reason.