`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rays are in Boston is out

RE: Rays are in Boston is out
ive been a barves fan since 1976. a red sox fan since 85 when i first moved to new england (also, after they drafted jody reed, who was from the town i lived in before moving to NE)

tonight was a sports apocalypse for me. honestly, i cant move

and chevy, if youre gonna say yankees have 27, then you also gotta include all of the red sox champsionships, not just 2

(09-29-2011, 12:07 AM)nuccionino Wrote: Well Yankees had nothing to play for. So they were going to rest River. No need to play him in a game that means nothing for the Yankees.
In a way they did, Tampa was 17-9 in the last 26 games while Boton went 6-20 over the same span. I realize anything can happen in the playoffs but if NY gets past Detroit i think playing Boston would have been better for NY as Tampa played .653 this month & probably would be a tougher opponent. Like i said anything can happen in the playoffs but Boston's weakness (not a lot) has been exploited & hasn't been playing well since July when they went 20-6. I was surprised to see Paplebon with 2 BS in 8 days against Baltimore.
Collecting: Auto's, G/U Jsy/Bat, Refractors, etc.., Harper, Trout, Jeter, Mantle, Rivera, Pujols,Ripken, Griffey Jr, Heyward, Cal Ripken Jr., Posey,
Other Auto's, GU cards will be considered

(09-29-2011, 12:57 AM)krn001 Wrote: In a way they did, Tampa was 17-9 in the last 26 games while Boton went 6-20 over the same span. I realize anything can happen in the playoffs but if NY gets past Detroit i think playing Boston would have been better for NY as Tampa played .653 this month & probably would be a tougher opponent. Like i said anything can happen in the playoffs but Boston's weakness (not a lot) has been exploited & hasn't been playing well since July when they went 20-6. I was surprised to see Paplebon with 2 BS in 8 days against Baltimore.
Did you forget the 4 game series where they cliched the playoff, it was against Tampa where they took the 1st 3 before losing the forth. They had no need to really play them in this series. I think New York has Tampa's number and would rather play them than Texa who beat them last year. Time will tell but I am hoping for the Yankees verse the Brewers in the world series.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

Simply was an amazing night! I was so nervous when the Rays came out flat, I could not believe it. Then the 8th inning comes... You gotta think; Mo, Robertson and Soriano all pitched the night before. I don't blame the Yanks for not risking it in an otherwise meaningless game for them. Boston controlled there own fate and they could not do it. Between tonight and the night before it seemed like a higher being was looking down on the Rays to pull it out over Boston. Simply amazing, miraculous plays. I believe Evan Longoria deserves MVP after that performance. His stats are somewhat misleading as his slump to begin the year was mostly from not being healthy enough and set him way back stats wise. Since he fully recovered from his ailments though he has been on a tear both at the plate and in the field. He has the most RBI's and HR's I believe since he fully recovered and returned to the lineup. I respect what Verlander, Granderson and Ellsbury have done but they are not even the best players on there respective teams to some degree as their teams are loaded with multiple stars that are equally as valuable. Longoria for MVP and go Rays!

I kept switching back and forth between all 3 games on TV (luckily living in the Baltimore we had the Yanks game on ESPN and the O's on locally). It was one of the most exciting nights of baseball I can remember in a long time. One, I believe would never have happened if the Commissioner adds a second Wildcard team.

As a Yankees fan, it was great seeing the collapse of the Red Sox and to a crappy team like the Orioles. With all of the experts predicting at the beginning of the season that they would walk away with the Division and probably win the World Series, it was just epic. I really thought the Sox were going to win the game especially after that awesome double play they turned. The Rays have to be loving the fact that it was Crawford's bobble that doomed the Red Sox.

As for the Rays making the playoffs, I don't think the Yanks have anything to worry about. As it was pointed out by someone else, the Yankees clinched the Division against the Rays holding them to only 2 runs for most of that series. This series, the Yanks rested a lot of their starters; especially pitchers. I think the telling tale for the Rays was that they really couldn't hit anything against the Yankees flood of Triple A pitchers they were using in the beginning of the game. If that was a playoff game, they would have had to hit off a real starter and then there would be Soriano, Robertson, and Mo to clean them up at the end.

(09-28-2011, 11:32 PM)SMHWalkoff Wrote: i see the brewers cards yanks and rays advancing

and that would make for some good championship moments!
You're full of yourself. Not gonna happen!!
(09-29-2011, 12:19 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: ive been a barves fan since 1976. a red sox fan since 85 when i first moved to new england (also, after they drafted jody reed, who was from the town i lived in before moving to NE)

tonight was a sports apocalypse for me. honestly, i cant move

and chevy, if youre gonna say yankees have 27, then you also gotta include all of the red sox champsionships, not just 2
What Division do the barves play in?
[Image: Nolan_Ryan-Banner_zps9f1a8483.jpg]
Special Props to pyr0punk for this Amazing & Killer Banner!!