`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Boston really gonna blow this lead?

RE: Is Boston really gonna blow this lead?
(09-25-2011, 04:32 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: yanks should know alllll about choking - 2004 alcs, worst choke in North American sports history
cuz what happened 7 years ago is really relevant to this year's playoff race.
[Image: IconmsBannerFinal3.jpg]

(09-25-2011, 05:24 PM)TheEvilEmpire Wrote: No worse than blowing a 9 game lead unlike Boston..
1. not blown yet
2. and yes, way worse. a 3 game lead in a 7 game playoff, the only time it has ever happened in baseball. it's the worst choke in baseball history, and incomparable to a regular season choke

fact is, if the yankees were smart, they'd let the sox win. the sox are really weak right now, and the rays have MUCH better pitching right now. even if the sox make it, they'll be a first round sweep victim, like 2005 to the chisox

i mean, anything is possible if they make the playoffs. and looking at the schedule, i still think the sox have the advantage (lackey better sack up though)

Yanks winning 3-0 in fifth without Jeter or A Rod in lineup

dirty bleeping water

magic number: 3

choke on a jacoby 3 run homer

(09-25-2011, 11:35 PM)jacobystealshome Wrote: dirty bleeping water

magic number: 3

choke on a jacoby 3 run homer
You just better hope you can win all 3 of your games as I see the Yankees not tring as hard to try and help with Boston not making the playoffs. I can see the Rays pulling off a sweep of the Yankees. Because to me you would not be tring as hard as they were last night on getting the win unless you didn't want that team in the playoff. The Yankees have nothing to play for as they have cliched homefield for the American league.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

(09-26-2011, 03:09 AM)chrisa19978 Wrote: You just better hope you can win all 3 of your games as I see the Yankees not tring as hard to try and help with Boston not making the playoffs. I can see the Rays pulling off a sweep of the Yankees. Because to me you would not be tring as hard as they were last night on getting the win unless you didn't want that team in the playoff. The Yankees have nothing to play for as they have cliched homefield for the American league.
I'm sure the Yanks will rest players. I would never say that they won't try as hard. I would hope no professional athlete would ever say that.

Additionally, not that the Yanks would be able to play the Sox/Rays until the ALCS anyway but if you were a member of the Yanks, who would you want to see right now in the round before the World Series? The Sox who have been god awful since the start of September or the Rays? I would think making an easier road to the World Series would be more important than just trying to get one over on a team.

(09-25-2011, 08:18 AM)jacobystealshome Wrote: there isnt a single intelligent red sox fan rooting for the yankees to win. im rooting for the red sox to win - if the the sox win, it doesnt mean bleep if the yanks or rays win as far as the rays and yanks, im rooting for a bleeping meteor
Well since the meteor is not going to strike you might wanna root for the Yankees now as Tampa and Boston are all tied up with 2 games left and Tampa won the series with Boston. So an intelligent Red Soxs fan who wants them to make the playoffs will be rooting for them now and just hoping they can beat Baltimore as well.
Derek Jeter Collector from 1992-1996. 305 out of 306 99% complete.

1450/1919 1990's Jeter cards 76%

[Image: scan0116-1.jpg]

I think the irony of the situation is that the Yankees can lay down and let the Rays win, thus trying to keep the Red Sox out of the post season. So with that said, how many Red Sox fans are cheering for the Yankees tonight?

What about the Braves? They can't score a dang run.

Papelbon blows the wild card, Rays win!
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)