`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Press Pass Michael "Playmaker" Irvin Nickname Autograph

2011 Press Pass Michael "Playmaker" Irvin Nickname Autograph
I know Press Pass advertises the randomly inserted nickname auto's, but are these considered 1/1's? A while back we pulled 2011 Press Pass Legends Michael Irvin auto /25 from this set and it is signed Michael Showtime Irvin. All of the other Irvin auto's /25 (exact same card) we have seen, maybe like 6 others, are only signed Michael Irvin, no "Showtime" nickname. So I was curious if anyone knew if there is only one nickname card per /25 auto's for each player? Does this make it an "official" 1/1? Also, does anyone know if the player gets to choose which card number he signs with a nickname? Because this one is 25/25 so I assumed all players signed the last card with a nickname but I've seen other players from other Press Pass years sign their nickname on 1/25, maybe their playing #/25 too?

RE: 2011 Press Pass Michael "Showtime" Irvin Nickname Autograph
i don't know, but that sounds like a cool card!

Press Pass usually releases the print run for inscription and red ink auto's online. That's weird he signed Showtime though, his nickname is "the Playmaker".

(08-23-2011, 10:10 AM)ejnfl24 Wrote: Press Pass usually releases the print run for inscription and red ink auto's online. That's weird he signed Showtime though, his nickname is "the Playmaker".
You're exactly right! Thanks for the correction. It's signed Michael Playmaker Irvin (not sure if "the" is in there). I don't have the card at my house which is why I goofed. Still interested in the answers to my questions? Anyone?

RE: 2011 Press Pass Michael "Playmaker" Irvin Nickname Autograph
I would say that its is certainly unique and really sweet to have. It should be a more in demand card then regular autos if people even know about the distinctions of the signings. Prior to this i never seen one nickname auto at all and ive done alot of research in the past month preparing to finally get back into collecting so they have got to be perty darn rare. Maybe its one of those unofficially numbered releases. I checked the checklist they have on their website and couldnt even find it list at #'d to 25.
[Image: Dmurray29.jpg]
PC: Dez Bryant, Felix Jones, Demarco Murray.

(08-23-2011, 01:19 PM)CowboysFanatic Wrote: I would say that its is certainly unique and really sweet to have. It should be a more in demand card then regular autos if people even know about the distinctions of the signings. Prior to this i never seen one nickname auto at all and ive done alot of research in the past month preparing to finally get back into collecting so they have got to be perty darn rare. Maybe its one of those unofficially numbered releases. I checked the checklist they have on their website and couldnt even find it list at #'d to 25.
Here is a perfect example of the exact same auto cards having different auto's and my thinking that the special auto's are 1/1.
This is the normal auto:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-PRESS-PASS-..._721wt_952

And here is the special, possibly 1/1, auto:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEDY-BRUSCHI-201..._500wt_969

I left a message for my buddy who has the card at his house to send me a pic so hopefully I can post it soon.

Might not be a 1/1, but it'll be a shortened run with the inscription.

Just found the exact Michael Irvin cards I'm talking about except ours is /25, these are /50.
So here is the normal /50 card:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-Press-Pass-...965wt_1185

And here is the same auto card but you can clearly see he signs it Michael Playmaker Irvin:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICHAEL-IRVIN-20..._500wt_969

Wow! I really need to thank the O.P. here for this thread. I never even noticed this:

[Image: michaelirvinlegendsofthefallauto49of49.jpg]

I won this at a Press Pass event they had at Dave & Adams a few months back.
''I've never been in style, so I can never go out of style." - Lillian Gish ( 1
893 - 1993)

Ha glad I could help. I shouldn't even bring this up because now all you guys will be looking for them too haha but I think a lot of people miss it because you can get on eBay right now and find these unique auto's and the fact that they are unique isn't even mentioned and I don't think the sellers factor it into the price. Case in point, the /50 Irvin's I posted links to above, granted the unique auto went for $10 more but the unique auto wasn't mentioned in the listing at all.
By the way, I don't think I've mentioned this in any of my posts but our /25 Michael Playmaker Irvin is available if anyone is interested. There might be one person in line already but it might not go through with him and no price has been determined so it's def not a done deal with him. So definitely anyone interested please PM me.
(Just for a price range reference, I already posted an eBay link to the exact same unique auto Playmaker card except it's the /50 version, we have the /25, and it went for $37 so our /25 would definitely have to be more than that. All you cowboys fans love to spend money anyway so PM me haha)