Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HOF

HOF
hey all
what you guys think of todays HOF players?
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

RE: HOF
The only one I really have to question is Mark Howe, but I may just be too young to know how good he was.
I know it was ridiculous, but I was hoping against hope that Linden would make it.
Latest Entry: The Hockey Dad Survival Guide
[Image: mainbanner100x500_zpse4955997.png]
http://blacknblueline.com

(06-28-2011, 10:17 PM)wickabee Wrote: The only one I really have to question is Mark Howe, but I may just be too young to know how good he was.
I know it was ridiculous, but I was hoping against hope that Linden would make it.
Howe was one of the top D mans from what I read, I don't know much about him as he wasn't a whaler from the time i can remeber hockey games as a little one at HCC.

I was hoping for Burns and Bure (I know injuries killed him but I love watching him play)...
using tracking numbers (all US and some Can)

There's def. a few I'd like to see come in, but I can't say I'm unhappy with Belfour, Nieuwendyk, and the likes, being inducted into the HOF.
[Image: SIG2.jpg]
SIG: THANKS TO malcolm136
::: PC WANTS :::
Super-Collecting: Brandon Yip & Anders Lindback
Collecting: E.Kane, Toews, Fistric

(06-28-2011, 10:17 PM)wickabee Wrote: The only one I really have to question is Mark Howe, but I may just be too young to know how good he was.
I feel the same way as I can vaguely remember seeing him play and that would have been at the very end of his career.
[Image: Blues%20Banner%202015_zpso4q52tdf.png]
Blues PC: 5600+ cards - Blues RCs: 781/933 - 83.7%

What do these guys have against Pat Burns??? Only coach to win the Jack Adams with THREE different teams. They won't vote him in last year on his death bed and they snub him this year??? BRUTAL.
Go Habs Go!!! Always collecting Montreal Canadiens cards. Especially Price, Roy, Subban and Saku Koivu.

I liked them both, but Howe and Niewendyk are borderline at best. I mean it isn't the Hall of Real Good. Howe had a good career, but hall of fame worthy...I'm not sure about that....maybe. And Nieuwendyk did have 1,000+ points (with 0 100 point seasons in the high scoring 80's and 90's) but it took him like 30 years to do it. Nieuwendyk getting in makes Bernie Nicholls a shoe-in eventually. Oh well, a couple new guys to add to the hockey HoF want list. Ed Belfour is a no-brainer though and definitely deserves enshrinement.

Nieuwendyk played for 20 season: 1257GP, 564G, 562A, 1126P - Calder, Clancy, Conn Smythe, 3 Cups (CAL, DAL, NJ) and 4 All-Star appearances
Nicholls played 21 seasons: 1127GP, 475G, 734A, 1209P - 3 All-Star appearances.

He may have more points, but Joe clearly accomplished more.

Yeah it's probably the 3 Cups that sealed the deal for Nieuwendyk. Anyone think Adam Oates gets in the Hall in the next year or 2?

Next year's eligible class is:
Jeremy Roenick
Mats Sundin
Joe Sakic
Curtis Joseph
Brendan Shanahan
Olaf Kolzig
Teppo Numminen
Marcus Naslund
Gary Roberts
Claude Lemieux
Bobby Holik

plus you've still got Bure, Andreychuk, Lindros and some others. I think it'll still be a few years.