`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOMEBODY CRY WITH ME PLEASE

RE: SOMEBODY CRY WITH ME PLEASE
I feel bad for you and hope your make up your loss will be made up from above!

Wow, and I got mad the other day when my wife knocked over a stack of A&G base I had on a desk the other day.

This is really sad and I can only imagine.
Completing the following:

2010 Topps Chrome X-Fractors (142/220 - 64.5%)
2010 Bowman Platinum Refractors (60/100 - 60%)
2011 Topps Diamond (444/660 - 67.3%)

Finished 2011 Sets: Topps Series 1 Master, Heritage Master, Heritage Chrome, Gypsy Queen Framed Green, Gypsy Queen Minis, Heritage Black

Hmmm...insurance should cover it due to something breaking in the house/apt. It's a matter of the deductible vs the book value. Getting a bunch of cash to go purchase what you need or to just replace it. Plus the cleanup.
Collecting TCU Alums: LaDanian Tomlinson, Andy Dalton, Jeremy Kerley etc.
Looking for Mike Schmidt Pre-1980's, Auto, GU, and GU/Autos

(08-01-2011, 01:01 PM)swindlehurst Wrote: Hmmm...insurance should cover it due to something breaking in the house/apt. It's a matter of the deductible vs the book value. Getting a bunch of cash to go purchase what you need or to just replace it. Plus the cleanup.
Not always - in fact, most standard homeowner's policies specifically don't cover collectibles unless you purchase a specific rider to cover them.

[Image: ceocards6copy.png]

Click on banner for photobucket link.

(08-01-2011, 03:18 PM)ceocards Wrote: Not always - in fact, most standard homeowner's policies specifically don't cover collectibles unless you purchase a specific rider to cover them.
+1 that is what I was saying above. I know in Missouri where I am you have to have them extra coverage for them.

[Image: broockerd_zpsd0d55e86.png]
Kila Ka'aihue 133/138 Non 1/1s (96% complete) 13/64 1/1s (19% complete)
Auto Needs: http://www.beckett.com/forums/thread-1529244.html

Sorry to hear of your sudden loss. If you are still interested in collecting I can send you some of my Griffey duplicates to keep your interest in the hobby. Would hate to see a collector leave the community.
[Image: Icons-sig-2-1.gif]

(08-01-2011, 03:25 PM)dbroockerd Wrote: +1 that is what I was saying above. I know in Missouri where I am you have to have them extra coverage for them.
As an Insurance Broker in the state of Missouri I can say that most all companies do not cover collectibles under a standard homeowners/renters policy.

I am truly sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that your policy where you live does cover your cards.

[Image: stl.jpg]
I build sets, collect Lou Brock & Jeremy Maclin. Both of my sons went to Kirkwood HS with Jeremy. I will also look at Kurt Warner, Big Ben and Old Big Red Auto's.

My toilet overflowed yesterday...made the entire carpet in our guest room soaked...good thing my cards are on the opposite side of the house
[Image: yrBtR.png]
Collecting Reds and A's (especially Joey Votto, Bronson Arroyo, and Josh Reddick)

Thank you everyone for the kind responses and especially to the other Griffey collectors in offering me some of their duplicates. I will not be accepting your offers at this time as luckily this was just my box of duplicates so my main collection is still good. Some of the cards in the box will also be ok as well cause they were in top loaders and sleeves.

After reflecting on it I am looking at the positive things I can find in it. At least every card that is ruined I have another one of and I saw another member on here that made collages out of damaged cards so I am going to make a Griffey one with his cards and a Mariners one with those damaged ones.

It was tough to see and deal with but $#!+ happens and at least my girlfriends response was "Well you will just have to buy more." I am looking forward to that.
SUPERCOLLECTOR OF KEN GRIFFEY JR AND MICHAEL SAUNDERS

[Image: myguys.png]

wow man I am really sorry to hear that Sad
[Image: Avcnw.png]
Football- Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Brandon Bolden