`
Connect With Us!
IOS Store
Share Thread:

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.27 Average
The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-01-2011, 07:31 PM)jimmysmith82 Wrote: Here's a nearly 20-year old certified auto of a HOFer that I don't think is listed: 1992 Pro Line Portraits Collectibles Autographs Joe Gibbs.

[Image: Gibbs92ProLineAuto.jpg]

Note the "Certified NFL Authentic" embossing and lack of a card number on the back. Beckett lists the unautographed version as PLC4 and four different cards in the Autographs set, but not this one.

I also have this: 2001 Fleer Autographics Redemption Reggie Wayne.

[Image: WayneAutographics.jpg]

There appears to be a copy of the exchanged autographed card on ebay right now also, but Beckett has neither version listed.
I have a 2001 Fleer Autographics Redemption Santana Moss that looks like your Reggie Wayne card. I think unredeemed Redemption cards should be included, I collect them also for my New York Jets collection.
Today it will be harder to find the Reggie Wayne & Santana moss unredeeemed card, I've seem many Santana moss auto cards, only ever saw one unredeemed on the bay in the last 5 years which I snapped up. IMO it's a legitimate variant that should be listed as EXCH along with the auto card. They are two distince 2001 Fleer Authority cards.

RE: The official "football cards that are currently missing from the online Beckett
(07-02-2011, 01:25 PM)ginge01 Wrote: ...I think unredeemed Redemption cards should be included...
I agree with this. If there is an actual photograph of the player on this non-redeemed card then it should be included as a listed item in the OPG. So this Reggie Wayne card and others like it qualify.

If however, and this is just my humble opinion, there is no picture of the player and just wording of congratulations or something similar on a non-redeemed card then it should not be listed. There are a couple examples of this listed in the OPG and I find the inclusions curious. One example of this is the 1997 Action Packed Xtra Points 10 and 100 Point inserts.

[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

UnRedemption cards are cool and a variant! BTW, Brunell was a "SP" from the 2001 Fleer Autographics set and I have NOT seen a single one in a decade! I wonder if it really exist!

However, I would not think consider the newer "filler/dummy cards" with a sticker note redemption a variant.
(07-03-2011, 01:38 AM)nittany13 Wrote: One example of this is the 1997 Action Packed Xtra Points 10 and 100 Point inserts.
I don't mind at all, but these Action Packed Points are NOT seperately listed in Beckett whuch they clear should be.

With 20+ years collecting, this is the most comprehensive single player collection in the world! Beckett lists 4000+ cards - I'm at 95% completion!
[Image: jaderock-1-1-1.jpg]]

2009 Topps Platinum Mathew Stafford patch/auto #'d/8

(07-03-2011, 02:16 AM)jaderock Wrote: UnRedemption cards are cool and a variant! BTW, Brunell was a "SP" from the 2001 Fleer Autographics set and I have NOT seen a single one in a decade! I wonder if it really exist!

However, I would not think consider the newer "filler/dummy cards" with a sticker note redemption a variant.

I don't mind at all, but these Action Packed Points are NOT separately listed in Beckett which they clear should be.
I agree with you Peter on what you've said, the Panini redemption card with a number on, it doesn't say who the player is, that does not belong in the OPG or my prized annual price guide.

Here are my variants that I think should be in
[Image: Jetsvariants.jpg]
The 2000 SPx Laveranues Coles, the printing is slightly different from the redeemed card, the 2000 SPx Winning materials Chad Pennington, on thin card, different from the swatch card.
The 2001 Fleer Autographics Santana Moss Redemption card, the same design as the signed card but obviously no auto and printed Redemption card.
And of course those 1997 Action Packed Extra Points cards.

I got almost all of these from the bay so some sellers thought they could move them, I wanted them, a win win situation for seller & buyer.
I feel theyt should be in, they will all be incredibly rare if not impossible to find more of.

To expound on my previous post here, I just think there needs to be some parameters concerning the OPG inclusion of redemption cards. That is why I think a player picture should be the prerequisite and a good place to draw the proverbial line.

The problem is that there is just so many that if would be a herculean task to catalogue all of those. Like for example I would NOT include this into the OPG:
[Image: b7ef_11.jpg]
I am a fan of consistency. If one is listed then all should be listed, or at least in earnest. This is why the team sheets that are currently listed should be omitted IMHO.

One that is currently included in the OPG is the 1997 Pro Line Gems of the NFL redemption. I have never seen one of those so I am curious as to why that specific redemption is listed.
[Image: aoM1_zps2mg995on.gif]

A bump and some notes.
I messaged wtsjr
And he told me this.

For football cards, you can email Dan Hitt, who is our Sr. Market Analyst for football and also the Sr. Manager of the pricing dept.

dhitt@beckett.com

Also, be sure to cc myself as well as I am over that area plus e-commerce.

bsutherland@beckett.com

Thanks, Bill

Pulled this card today and it is Ryan Williams just trying to help out a bit.

http://www.beckett.com/search/#sport=185...+Exclusive

2011 Bowman Wal-Mart Exclusive #WC6 TBD

[Image: SigXacvol2.png]
New York Giants Fan & Collector.
http://s9.photobucket.com/home/deuce6000/

(07-17-2011, 10:05 AM)thelegendjerryrice Wrote: A bump and some notes.
I messaged wtsjr
And he told me this.

For football cards, you can email Dan Hitt, who is our Sr. Market Analyst for football and also the Sr. Manager of the pricing dept.

dhitt@beckett.com

Also, be sure to cc myself as well as I am over that area plus e-commerce.

bsutherland@beckett.com

Thanks, Bill
A bump

And proof that emailing Dan works.........

[Image: Rice2.jpg]

Sending this one up to the top.